10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Still silence from the DOJ and the state department which is expected since Pompeo and Barr were part of the crimes.
    Huh. That's interesting.

Quite frankly, any government of any country should take it personally when an ambassador to said country is spied on. Even by Trump and Trump's own personal attorney.

Sen. Martha McSally, a Republican facing a difficult election race, lashed out when I asked if she would consider new evidence as part of the Senate trial. “You’re a liberal hack - I’m not talking to you. You’re a liberal hack.” She then walked into a hearing room.
    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/12...848771074?s=19

No you are a doodoo head! They are down to name calling.

https://twitter.com/SenMcSallyAZ/sta...808547841?s=19

Here is the actual video sent out ne McSally herself.

I guess she think it's cute correcting her grammar from 'your' to 'you are'.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    What a day and it's nearly gun.

I bet Trump woke up with the idea that the GOP was going to bat one out of the park for him.

Im counting 3 Ls so far:

Parnas interview
    Ukraine report
    GAO report

I no longer care how fast the GOP exonerates him, he'll forever be an orange stain in the books.

He's probably going to be impeached again if the House can help it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

1. I don't trust Parnas. At all. I trust materials he provides, but not his word. I get he's saying things anti-Trump folks like, and I honestly believe much if it is true, but there's no reason to implicitly trust him in the slightest.

2. Holy shit. This benefited Trump about as much as Prince Andrew's Epstein interview benefited him.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ao-says-099682

White House violated the law by freezing Ukraine aid, GAO says
    Presented without comment.

But...but..., I thought Trump didn't do anything wrong? I am the confused. /s

Seriously though, when there is mountains of evidence, investigations, testimonies all proving he did the thing, maybe you should realize that he did the thing. Simply closing your eyes doesn't mean it's dark outside.

The sad thing is after everything, those Republican Senators will still believe water is dry and fire is wet just to be ignorant fools.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/polit...yde/index.html
    CNN reporting that the FBI is at Robert Hyde's house. OOF!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I think the DoJ should stay where it is. The problem with giving it to the SC is that then you'd have life appointed people with waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy toooo much power.

However, there should be an investigative arm of the SC that specifically handles corruption in the other two branches.
    It wouldn't be a lifetime appointment for the peeps in the DoJ - those could rotate through a 5- or 10-year nomination process. Which would work fairly well. The issue are the people right below the AG - normally political appointees currently - but would they also get appointed by the SCOTUS or would the AG or some other process.

The Impeachment and the tragically impartial AG Bar is making this issue very germane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This has gotta really piss Drumpf off. He tried to forced Ukraine to investigate Biden and they end up investigating his henchmen instead.
    i think he still somewhat accomplished his goal, which was essentially to associate the name "biden" with "controversy".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I think the DoJ should stay where it is. The problem with giving it to the SC is that then you'd have life appointed people with waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy toooo much power.

However, there should be an investigative arm of the SC that specifically handles corruption in the other two branches.
    It wouldn't be a lifetime appointment for the peeps in the DoJ - those could rotate through a 5- or 10-year nomination process. Which would work fairly well. The issue are the people right below the AG - normally political appointees currently - but would they also get appointed by the SCOTUS or would the AG or some other process.

The Impeachment and the tragically impartial AG Bar is making this issue very germane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    What a day and it's nearly gun.

I bet Trump woke up with the idea that the GOP was going to bat one out of the park for him.

Im counting 3 Ls so far:

Parnas interview
    Ukraine report
    GAO report

I no longer care how fast the GOP exonerates him, he'll forever be an orange stain in the books.

He's probably going to be impeached again if the House can help it.
    I could actually see that happening, especially if the Senate refuses to call witnesses and new evidence.

This has gotta really piss Drumpf off. He tried to forced Ukraine to investigate Biden and they end up investigating his henchmen instead.
    Irony is delicious...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kellya...-on-lev-parnas

Kelleyanne Conway gave a good sneak peak at the Trump defense on Fox News.

When asked, repeatedly, if Parnas was correct in saying that Trump was aware of everything she...refused to answer directly and just tried to discredit Parnas. That's not hard to do, but that's also not an answer.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/polit...yde/index.html
    CNN reporting that the FBI is at Robert Hyde's house. OOF!
    It seems there is a trend wherein if a House member is rabidly defending Trump, they're about to be "interviewed" by the FBI.

(or investigated for ignoring sexual predators while coaching high school sports)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Senators have been sworn in and now head off for a 4 day weekend.
    Must be nice to work so little and have that many vacations

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Must be nice to work so little and have that many vacations
    I mean, they go home from Washington and then work in their state. I know politicians get a lot of grief, but most of them work very hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kellya...-on-lev-parnas

Kelleyanne Conway gave a good sneak peak at the Trump defense on Fox News.

When asked, repeatedly, if Parnas was correct in saying that Trump was aware of everything she...refused to answer directly and just tried to discredit Parnas. That's not hard to do, but that's also not an answer.
    The "defense" will involve Chewbacca.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Not saying any one wouldnt. My point is he did it in the press right after the house got the documents that is abnormal. Yes many many people turn under police or to reduce their sentences. Most dont run to the media to do it.
    So I bet you have an issue with sexual abuse victims who don't come forward immediately because it's not how you believe it should be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Keep in mind this out of context quote i'm using from Trump saying "I like people who weren't captured", which makes a lot of sense when you treat Trump like a mob boss who considers everyone who is caught like a liability whom he needs to distance himself from.
    Yup. Plus the feds are compromised with the AG acting as Trumps personal attorney. He had almost no choice to go straight to Congress and the press.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

I'm not talking about the peeps in the DoJ. SCOTUS would be in charge of the DoJ in your scenario.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Not saying any one wouldnt. My point is he did it in the press right after the house got the documents that is abnormal. Yes many many people turn under police or to reduce their sentences. Most dont run to the media to do it.
    He is under investigation by the SDNY the documents were seized when he got arrested they were only cleared for release a couple of days ago by a judge after SDNY gave the okay. The case he is investigated over has nothing to do with this and he stated in his interview the reason he is going to the media is for his safety. You should watch the interview from Rachel Maddow clears up a lot.

Yeah, once he blows it all into the open, then Parnas should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, once he blows it all into the open, then Parnas should be safe.
    To be blunt I don't think that's it throughout the interview you could tell what really pissed him off was Trump going on TV and saying he didn't know him. That's why he is threatening to leak more each time Trump says something to that effect.