The whole QAnon thing is just indicative of how deeply sick some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    The corruption is in besaid country. Its not an uninvolved third party.
    So I guess we cant look into corruption-behaviour if it involves a political opponent now?
    And can you precisely define what this particular corruption was? Because I'm entirely certain you can't.

I'd like to put forward a motion. Let's call it a community-building / hype exercise.

Want to see Donald Trump, the illegitimate 45th President of the United States and self-dealing traitor to the country, impeached? Throw this up as your avatar!

https://i.imgur.com/X0nJGJZ.png

Make it clear to all how you have zero respect for the squatter in the White House and his looter administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can end this.

Sergej Lawrow told the press that there is nothing to see, that his mother taught him to not open others letters, and that he warns the US to publish memos of calls between Trump and Putin. Also, our democracies are obviously weak, because of transparency? (maybe shackler can elaborate on this).

So if the russian foreign minister tells us there is nothing to see, we can obviously end the impeachment inquiry.

All while it turns out that Trump told Kisliak and Lawrow in 2017 that russian interference in the US election of 2016 doesn't matter, because the US does it too.

Sorry, only a german source: https://orf.at/stories/3138850/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I think we can end this.

Sergej Lawrow told the press that there is nothing to see, that his mother taught him to not open others letters, and that he warns the US to publish memos of calls between Trump and Putin. Also, our democracies are obviously weak, because of transparency? (maybe shackler can elaborate on this).

So if the russian foreign minister tells us there is nothing to see, we can obviously end the impeachment inquiry.

All while it turns out that Trump told Kisliak and Lawrow in 2017 that russian interference in the US election of 2016 doesn't matter, because the US does it too.

Sorry, only a german source: https://orf.at/stories/3138850/
    Well I'M convinced!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well I'M convinced!
    Most hilarious about it is, that he thinks "public and media pressure on politicians to release documents" somehow shows that western democracies are weak.

Tells you a lot about the russian point of view on democracy...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    And can you precisely define what this particular corruption was? Because I'm entirely certain you can't.
    He has some wild conspiracies about what happened.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I already did, and its more refined than this "hearsay testimony from a whistleblower" the democrats are clowning around

10+ Year Old Account
    I already did, and its more refined than this "hearsay testimony from a whistleblower" the democrats are clowning around
    So you have evidence to refute the ICIG report that says this whistleblower is credible? No? Just "LUL! 'Hearsay!'"

I saw your explanation. Its incorrect. Shokin was canned for not investigating Burisma (amongst other reasons). Biden and many other people wanted Shokin to investigate Burisma. Hunter Biden also didn't join Burisma until after their alleged criminality.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...obe-is-revived

In his own words, with video cameras rolling, Biden described how he threatened Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that the Obama administration would pull $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees, sending the former Soviet republic toward insolvency, if it didn’t immediately fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden recalled telling Poroshenko.

“Well, son of a bitch, he got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time,” Biden told the Council on Foreign Relations event, insisting that President Obama was in on the threat.

Interviews with a half-dozen senior Ukrainian officials confirm Biden’s account, though they claim the pressure was applied over several months in late 2015 and early 2016, not just six hours of one dramatic day. Whatever the case, Poroshenko and Ukraine’s parliament obliged by ending Shokin’s tenure as prosecutor. Shokin was facing steep criticism in Ukraine, and among some U.S. officials, for not bringing enough corruption prosecutions when he was fired.

But Ukrainian officials tell me there was one crucial piece of information that Biden must have known but didn’t mention to his audience: The prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings that employed Biden’s younger son, Hunter, as a board member.
    I really thought conspiracy theories were against the rules, but here we have Trumpers repeatedly posting the same conspiracy over and over

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't asking Ukraine be part of an investigation? How is Trump letting him get away?
    Because that is not at all how it's done.

The proper way is for the DOJ to open an investigation and then the DOJ would communicate with their counterparts in Ukraine. The president should have no part in it. What Trump did was completely improper.

- - - Updated - - -

It was investigated by the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community and found to be credible. This talking point has 0 merit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, ya'll ain't even trying anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The vast majority of intelligence is hearsay testimony. Get a better argument. Especially after we have the memo they released.
    It's literally all hearsay. Everything said outside of court is hearsay, legally. That's why there's a bunch of exceptions in the hearsay rules.

I am fairly certain that "Was investigated by the ICIG and found to be credible qualifies for this exception:
    "(1) the statement has equivalent circumstantial guarantees of trustworthiness"
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_807

If by hearsay you mean people interviewed by the ICIG who corroborated in whole or part what the whistleblower said then yeah “hearsay”

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, bets on who the next sock puppet that's gonna derail the thread with the exact same, disproved conspiracy theory is? If RDA was still around that's where my money was gonna go.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you admit that trump attempting to fire mueller and firing Comey were deeply corrupt and impeachable offenses. Pretty funny that you’re finally turning on your god-king.

For your “education” (lol) I’ve added the Wikipedia entry on heresay - which is much more accurate and in depth with than your tv lawyer show understanding of it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay

Can you and your fellow serfs just come out and say that the reason you’re ok with this illegal activity is because trump is doing it, and your life has no meaning without submitting to him or sticking it to what you consider to be liberals?
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2019-09-28 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I really thought conspiracy theories were against the rules, but here we have Trumpers repeatedly posting the same conspiracy over and over

- - - Updated - - -

Because that is not at all how it's done.

The proper way is for the DOJ to open an investigation and then the DOJ would communicate with their counterparts in Ukraine. The president should have no part in it. What Trump did was completely improper.

- - - Updated - - -

It was investigated by the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community and found to be credible. This talking point has 0 merit.
    Pretty sad to see modern day conservatives become feels before reals, something they used to rail against.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Alright, bets on who the next sock puppet that's gonna derail the thread with the exact same, disproved conspiracy theory is? If RDA was still around that's where my money was gonna go.
    Oh he's around we have yet to find his new account but its there.
    my bet its just gaining post count in some harmless threads first

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackstone sells out Trump.

Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman responded to President Trump's claim that the two discussed former Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden.

According to Bloomberg, Schwarzman denied that the conversation ever happened, despite the fact that Trump was captured on tape saying that he talked with the finance executive.

Whether the conversation actually happened could be of importance moving forward, as the impeachment inquiry against the president revolves around a conversation Trump had with Ukraine regarding Hunter Biden.

Trump gave his version of events to U.S. diplomats during a closed-door meeting this week in New York. In the meeting, Trump went after Joe Biden and then claimed that Hunter Biden coerced the Chinese government to contribute $1.5 billion to an investment fund. His alleged conversation with Schwarzman was brought up in the process.

“I was with the head of Blackstone, which is the big deal,” Trump said. “Steve, is that possible?” Trump recalled asking Schwarzman. Schwarzman supposedly replied, “Maybe I shouldn’t get involved, you know it’s very political.”

In a statement to Bloomberg, Jennifer Friedman, Schwarzman's spokeswoman, said that conversation never took place.

“Steve was never asked by anyone, and has never had, conversations with the Chinese about Joe Biden or his family,” she said.
    Now, I can only think of two reasons Trump would drag Blackstone into this.

A) He's lying.

B) Blackstone is involved. Granted, we already knew that they were buddies but Trump and Blackstone working together to attack Biden would make this problem even bigger.

Clearly, Blackstone does not want to be wrapped up in this. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Blackstone sells out Trump.

Now, I can only think of two reasons Trump would drag Blackstone into this.

A) He's lying.

B) Blackstone is involved. Granted, we already knew that they were buddies but Trump and Blackstone working together to attack Biden would make this problem even bigger.

Clearly, Blackstone does not want to be wrapped up in this. Too bad.
    Trump seems hellbent on taking everyone down with him or maybe he thinks if he throws enough people under the bus they will be enough of a distraction for him to no longer be the target. Also considering that McConnell and most republicans don't have the spine to impeach him in the senate one has to wonder why their camp is so nervous. They kept saying how great it would be to be impeached all this time, now they are getting what they want they are running scared.