Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    sigh. quid pro quo is not a criminal offence either and the question if it even happened.
    Impeachment doesn't require a criminal offense. Congress could impeach him because he ties his shoelaces "the wrong way" if they wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Impeachment doesn't require a criminal offense. Congress could impeach him because he ties his shoelaces "the wrong way" if they wanted to.
    Casual reminder that Hillary sat through no less than eight investigations on the same incident.

Trump is trying his hardest to weasel out of even sitting for one.

@DKjaigen How's it feel to be supporting someone worse than Hillary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You really have to admire Bolton’s ingenuity.

Putting his confession in the one place Trump or people in his circle would never, ever be able to find it....

A book.
    +1 made me chuckle

https://lawandcrime.com/impeachment/...raine-scandal/

According to Trump's other lawyers, somehow Giuliani, the guy in charge of the Biden "investigation", is a minor player in this affair.

Not sure how that works with the bombshells Giuliani is promising, but here we are.

sigh. quid pro quo is not a criminal offence either and the question if it even happened.
    Did you just deflect and move goalposts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/impeachment/...raine-scandal/

According to Trump's other lawyers, somehow Giuliani, the guy in charge of the Biden "investigation", is a minor player in this affair.

Not sure how that works with the bombshells Giuliani is promising, but here we are.
    See, it was so totally legal for Giuliani to be doing what he was doing that we have to pretend he was a peripheral figure. /s
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Did you just deflect and move goalposts?
    For the last six pages.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not a court of law? good republicans are the majority so you are wrong and i am right case closed. im also eager to see what you consider to be direct evidence so i can debunk them .
    I have to apologize. I didn't realize the depth of your ignorance in this matter. If I had know that you have literally no clue as to what is actually going on in this Impeachment process, I would have started out my comments on a MUCH more basic level.

(see especially that first link where it explains how the Impeachment Process isn't a court of law)

When you're learned-up come on back and you can join the discussion. You're going to be amazed at what's going on in the Senate Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump.

truly subscribing to an alternative reality

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Back these claims up with evidence
    Because the nation already investigated the Biden/Ukraine issue and signed off on no criminal activity - including multiple GOP Senators.

You really need to read up on this stuff, seriously, it's embarrassing to watch you struggle like this with even basic facts.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-01-27 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    +1 made me chuckle
    Oh there's some real gems coming out of this whole debacle.

Here's a fun experiment you can try on your Boomer "friends" at home! Bring up the fact that in the entire history of the United States, only three Presidents have ever been successfully impeached and 2/3 of them were Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Courts will give search warrants to find more evidence if investigators find probable cause or witnesses implicate other people/documents which can uncover the truth.
    Like how many of the testemonies have named several people in the Trump-administration which can share key information.
    Like how many of the testemonies have mentioned documents which has relevant information to the case.

We don't get to see or hear these, why?
    Because the Trump-administration is witholding them, which is textbook obstruction of justice- or at the very least witness tamporing. Both are crimes, which Trump has been impeached for.
    It has perhaps something to do that since 2016 you have been blabbering about impeachment , perhaps it has something to do that every single piece of information acquired by the democrats has been used to slander Trump, perhaps it has something to do you that the democrats been using sham investigations to undermine his presidency and the 2016 election. The democrats simply need to use the tools given to them and stop the incessant whining how things are so unfair.

It has perhaps something to do that since 2016 you have been blabbering about impeachment , perhaps it has something to do that every single piece of information acquired by the democrats has been used to slander Trump, perhaps it has something to do you that the democrats been using sham investigations to undermine his presidency and the 2016 election. The democrats simply need to use the tools given to them and stop the incessant whining how things are so unfair.
    Well, Trump has been breaking laws since 2016... so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you trying to overturn the results of the 2018 election by obstructing the House's investigations?

https://twitter.com/walterdellinger/...66319420760069

Ken Starr's former professor isn't impressed with Ken Starr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/walterdellinger/...66319420760069

Ken Starr's former professor isn't impressed with Ken Starr.
    Ken Starr: You have to trust me and do the exact opposite of what I did.

It has perhaps something to do that since 2016 you have been blabbering about impeachment
    What does talking about impeachment have to do with actually impeaching?

The fact that they didn't move ahead until nearly a full year after Democrats took the House, following a credible whistleblower reports, undermines this entire line of argument.

perhaps it has something to do that every single piece of information acquired by the democrats has been used to slander Trump
    Facts are not slander. They're facts.

perhaps it has something to do you that the democrats been using sham investigations to undermine his presidency and the 2016 election.
    Neither is true. And the "Overturn the election" conservative meme is beyond idiotic and objectively wrong.

Impeachment isn't a method to overturn an election, quite the contrary it doesn't effect election results at all. They remain what they remain, and the vice president, who was on the ticket, would replace the president. What they do, is remove a potentially criminal president from office and open them to prosecution.

The democrats simply need to use the tools given to them and stop the incessant whining how things are so unfair.
    They are using the tools they have, that's what impeachment is. And conservatives haven't stopped whining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, Trump has been breaking laws since 2016... so...
    I'm fairly certain Trump have broken many laws for most of his adult life, at least his legal disputes records and settlements show that. How many cases are paid off before the courts, silenced or worse we can only speculate on.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

again alternative realty, ps holding Trump accountable via impeachment is a "tool" given to them by the constitution, are you against the constitution now? is the constitution also some liberal propaganda out to get Trump, these "sham" investigations also seem to be putting a lot of Trumps associates including former members of his administration and campaign in jail.

you are are batting 1000 in being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Ken Starr: You have to trust me and do the exact opposite of what I did.
    Ok. What are people's thoughts on how this Bolton thing unfolded with this kind of timing, like a fucking poison cloud over the defense today. I mean, everyone's being super careful with how they're wording denials and accusations, but what's everyone's best guess on who really leaked it?