View Poll Results: Would you like to have new character models in classic WoW?

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Yes

172 49.00%
  • No

179 51.00%
Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Would you like to have new character models in classic WoW?

I wish to have new models in classic WoW (as an option in menu like it was years ago) You?
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-07-29 at 05:39 PM.

If it's optional, sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should for sure, but as Kuntantee points out it has to be optional.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The optional part needs to be extended to others as well - I want to see classic as classic, so if you have a new model, I want to see it as an old one.
    That means there needs to be an option in my menu to toggle new/old models for others.

Quote Originally Posted by bestexe View Post
    The optional part needs to be extended to others as well - I want to see classic as classic, so if you have a new model, I want to see it as an old one.
    That means there needs to be an option in my menu to toggle new/old models for others.
    I would have assumed it would be client based. I would be up for it, again, if it’s client based.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for all models to be the new ones.

Literally no reason not to have it as a toggle in the graphics settings.

If its a player choice its okay, me myself wanna play with old models. I dont get why they removed the option to choose between those in retail wow to be honest. I would be playing with the old models, also would've love an option for old spell animations and such too. But sad

10+ Year Old Account
    i voted no, but as long as its 100% optional, and not just the old skins pulled over the new models like the toggle ended up being in retail just before they removed it then i have no objections to i being an option for others.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the new models and old armor/weapons would look like shit together. New models harm the integrity and art direction of the old world. Classic wasn't designed to look like that.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    No, the new models and old armor/weapons would look like shit together. New models harm the integrity and art direction of the old world. Classic wasn't designed to look like that.
    Honest question; would other people having new models on their client affect you in any way?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If they wanted to add the option, I wouldn't protest it, as long as they don't waste a lot of resources on it.
    Mother pus bucket!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honest question; would other people having new models on their client affect you in any way?
    I'll give you an honest reply. Yes. I want my character, as a representation of myself and my hard work, to look the same to me as everyone else.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

I'll give you an honest reply. Yes. I want my character, as a representation of myself and my hard work, to look the same to me as everyone else.
    Even when all the models are old on your side, your client, it still affects you? You see them as old models but they see you and themselves as new models. How does that affect you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Even when all the models are old on your side, your client, it still affects you? You see them as old models but they see you and themselves as new models. How does that affect you?
    Because that's not my character.

Because that's not my character.
    I'm not following. What makes it not your character?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them, but it's not a dealbreaker to go without. Just a matter of adjusting to the old models again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yeah, I think that's one of the only changes that I'd have liked to see for Classic. The game play experience, which is far and away the most important aspect of Classic, isn't ruined by having cleaned up models.

That being said, the old models definitely aren't going to keep me from playing and enjoying Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not following. What makes it not your character?
    My character looks the way I want him to, including the old model. He may look badass in one set of armor in the old model, but like garbage in the new model. As my character, I should have complete control of my appearance to others, and the new model choice would remove my agency in this.

No, they'd look completely out of place given the age of classic.