Grinding hacks for a 3-man team?

I will start grinding with two friends, we plan to reach 60 mostly grinding because it's viable in classic. What kind of crazy grinding combinations can we do to maximize our aoe outdoors? I was thinking something like priest and double lock for multidoting many mobs but I'm not sure if they can actually die from the instant dots alone. What else there is aoe wise?

3 mages LUL.

Priest + 2 Mages

or

3 Mages.

Why so much love for mages? arcane explosion is not that great isn't it? what other aoe does mage have?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Why so much love for mages? arcane explosion is not that great isn't it? what other aoe does mage have?
    Frost Nova + Blizzard once you hit level 21

Id recommend grinding dungeons instead.

Paladin tank + priest healer + mage. 1 or 2 dps will be easy to find and then just aoe the hell out of the dungeon.

Good luck with farming rep after hitting 60.

blizzard and cone of cold are the two big ones.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

It was a mage that made level cap in a few days, via grinding. Frost mages can handle multipacks better than anyone at pre-level cap.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Improved blizzard aoe grinding is the best and most consistent way of farming there is, in whole of vanilla. There is no other class that can do what the mage can do and gear doesn't even really matter past needing the enough int for mana to be able to kill what you pull in one manapool. The effectivness is such that you'll seriously just run out of mobs and have to wait for respawns. The process becomes viable as soon as you get blizzard and can specc to improve it fully, which is lvl 22. You do NOT want to get the Frostbite talent, as this will screw your pulls. The whole idea is to run around and gather mobs while shielded, frost nova them, run away ( blink is to costly ) while targeting them with your blizzard spell and as soon as you're in a good range drop it, before your frost nova snare is gone. 2 blizzard channels after you nova again, run away, and proceed with blizzard until you kill them.

Them is as many mobs as you can safely gather up withouth them killing you. It could be 5. It could be 10. It could be 50 if you could get 50 in one area, neatly bunched up. Since they all take the same amount of damage, it's naught to you. The first area where you'll be around lvl 22 and can start to employ this is Hillsbrad Foothills. You can go from lvl 22 to about lvl 26-7 from just farming around there, then move on to a better area.

Once you get your mount and Ice Barrier things get even easier. Areas of interest are, Hillsbrad Foothills. The troll ruins straight north from Grom'gol in STV. The pirates in Tanaris. The farms in the Western Plaguelands, where you can farm to your hearts content until 60. Once Dire Maul is up, you can go into DM East from lvl 52 and start farming the non elite lasher packs. There are 4 pulls to make here before you reset the dungeon and rince-repeat. Once you're lvl 57ish I think you can enter DM north and farm the hyenas with wallrunning them. The DM runs can generate quite some gold.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

I will start grinding with two friends, we plan to reach 60 mostly grinding because it's viable in classic. What kind of crazy grinding combinations can we do to maximize our aoe outdoors? I was thinking something like priest and double lock for multidoting many mobs but I'm not sure if they can actually die from the instant dots alone. What else there is aoe wise?
    Lock dots are lackluster so a big no to that plan.

- Priest (or mage) + 2 mages for some major Blizzard spellcleave
    - Shaman (Resto/Enha) + 2 warriors for some major meleecleave.

I think both setups start working best after lvl30 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Lock dots are lackluster so a big no to that plan.

- Priest (or mage) + 2 mages for some major Blizzard spellcleave
    - Shaman (Resto/Enha) + 2 warriors for some major meleecleave.

I think both setups start working best after lvl30 or so.
    I'd argue priest over an extra mage.

Priest + double mage is hands down the fastest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    That is only really true for solo leveling. OP is talking about leveling as a team. Blizzard is suboptimal for that. Frost nova, coc and arcane explosion is the way to go for group aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    Improved blizzard aoe grinding is the best and most consistent way of farming there is, in whole of vanilla.

As with the above poster, that is only true for solo grinding. OP is asking about team grinding in which arcane explosion is far superior to Blizzard.
    Last edited by Milfshaked; 2019-09-25 at 09:54 AM.

Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Blizzard, Flamestrike, Blast Wave..

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    Priest + double mage is hands down the fastest option.

That is only really true for solo leveling. OP is talking about leveling as a team. Blizzard is suboptimal for that. Frost nova, coc and arcane explosion is the way to go for group aoe.

As with the above poster, that is only true for solo grinding. OP is asking about team grinding in which arcane explosion is far superior to Blizzard.
    Granted granted true! A 3 mage team or 2 mage 1 priest would be killer :O!
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I've seen more magi failing at that than succeeding to be fair. It's hilarious.

But yeah, if you plan on grinding mage is the way to go. If you plan of continuously playing as team of 3 - get a warrior, druid and a mage to grind dungeons instead
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-09-25 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

But yeah, if you plan on grinding mage is the way to go. If you plan of continuously playing as team of 3 - get a warrior, druid and a mage to grind dungeons instead
    It is a learning curve. It is not as easy as it looks. But when you figure it out and get the hang of it it is the best thing you can do if you want to grind mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its basically BLizzard and Frost Nova - Mages are good because they slow and root shit to the point that all melee mobs (Which make up a good portion of mobs at higher lvl) are basically free XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with priest + 2 mages. The 2 mages = crazy AoE, and the priest could tab target/dot stuff and Fort buff/heal as needed.

Or just 3 mages, I guess. Aside from elites and big level differences, I'd say very few things are going to have much of a chance against 3 mages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Same. Once or twice, I've made the mistake of trying to help them (as a warrior). Problem is, the mage dies, and now everything that was on the mage wants to eat my spleen since I got involved.

I just press F and move on if I see that happen now. Not much I can really do to help anyway.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-09-27 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Same. Once or twice, I've made the mistake of trying to help them (as a warrior). Problem is, the mage dies, and now everything that was on the mage wants to eat my spleen since I got involved.

I just press F and move on if I see that happen now. Not much I can really do to help anyway.
    Reminds me of noob locations in... runescape i think, where new players before dying pulled whole trains of mobs, and those mobs after munching on this guy aggroed on everyone else. I don't remember this happening in vanilla, but it happens in classic and it's hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.