Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    He used a Hearthstone. The follow-up quest with Sylvanas comfirms that they exit in the world and are not just for gameplay purposes.
    they've been shown to exist in the lore multiple times already. Tyrande uses them to get her and Malfurion out of Darkshore.... and one story actually references them as an option for reckless rushes into hostile territory citing them as less than common tools... I think that was one of the Knaack books?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    they've been shown to exist in the lore multiple times already. Tyrande uses them to get her and Malfurion out of Darkshore.... and one story actually references them as an option for reckless rushes into hostile territory citing them as less than common tools... I think that was one of the Knaack books?
    Huh, I've must have missed that. Anyway... there is the explanation :P

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Fake news, on multiple levels. There was no attack, and the plan was to send both fleets to Azshara. That was literally the deal. When the ocean disappeared under the fleet, some boats got smashed, that's about it. She told Nathaos to use it as cover to kill off any weak people or traitors when it happened.
    Source on any of that?

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't any evidence that they are on the run from anyone. Sylvanas is more powerful than any leaders of Horde or Alliance, so she has no reason to run anywhere.

Sylvanas is likely off to meet with the god of death in the shadowlands to work on the whole summoning him to Azeroth thing. Nathanos might be in hiding.

Unclear if they will show up in the 8.3 raid on either side.

I'm guessing similar to the Lich King, we'll all get incapacitated at the end and she'll show up with the death god and finish off N'zoth.
    Did you completely miss her whole teleporting away? Or numerous groups on both sides, like SI:7 and the Farstriders, flat out saying they're hunting her? That sounds like being on the run to me. As for Nathanos we don't know his position. Is he considered an outlaw like Sylvanas or is he going to play the mole and claim loyalty to the Horde?

You actually see him as a point of contact to discuss the events of Baine's escape where he declares he's been recalled to orgrimmar. this takes place after he dips off with the dagger to do whatever he was doing with the dagger when you arrive in Nazjatar.
    I was pretty sure that happened before the Nazjatar campaign, now I'm not sure, lol.

https://www.wowhead.com/horde-war-campaign just has the Baine part for 8.2, so I'm not sure which part comes first in terms of official story.

I'm actually just gonna have to replay the entire campaign on another character to pay closer attention. Cause I feel like more than a few things aren't really adding up.
    My understanding/recollection:

The dagger was being used as some kind of magical compass. Sylvanas gave it to Nathanos and told him to sail out to sea and follow where it leads. The Alliance would follow, something would happen (unclear if Nathanos knew what would happen) and that he and we should use it as an excuse to kill off anyone on the ship that we thought was a traitor or weak.

What we know now is Sylvanas had talked to Azshara. Azshara wanted us to come to Nazjatar to fight her. She may or may not have told Sylvanas that it would lead to N'zoth being freed. Presumably Sylvanas knew the tidestone had been taken and knew the sea would open up and destroy both fleets. She definitely wanted the Alliance fleet gone.

Then we do the whole setting up a base in Nazjatar thing, but Nathanos mostly stays away and you find him with the dagger going to meet someone.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Played through it yesterday (the end of the warcampaign, right?)....maybe wasn't paying attention, but IIRC whatever cinematic there were (several indeed, starting at the docks in Zulzadar, then outside Orgrimmar) - I could have sworn I always talked to Lor'Themar?

Come to think of it, I completely overlooked Nathos ..was he really there?
    You even bring Eitrigg to him. It's from the loyalist standpoint.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Good point. Maybe without being Sylvanas' errand boy, he'll become likable now.
    She set him in a mission, he is in that position forever. Looks like the forsaken can't have edgy character that aren't associate with Sylvanas cause muh evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I never noticed him at all. I'll have to watch again. I suspect that he ,on the Horde side, and Tyrande on the Alliance, will refuse to accept the truce between the factions and will stir up further problems.
    Nathanos is now an enemy of the Horde. Sylvanas loyalists are literally being rounded up and paraded through the streets of Orgrimmar in chains. There's no way in hell Nathanos is getting back into Orgrimmar, let alone going to be able to stir up shit without people knowing what was going on.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

He feigned death then hearthed when our backs were turned
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    You mean the back doors that were blocked by Alliance and Rebel forces or the fact that to start the cinematic on top of the gates of Org he's the one we literally talk to?

Yeah, he was there, there were no back doors, he was just plotted away in shitty writing.
    I mean the sort of backdoor that not everyone and their granma knows exists. Any decent spymaster and covert network have escape routes that are kept very much secret from everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    He feigned death then hearthed when our backs were turned
    I guess it's possible now since blizzard fixed the feign death bug.. /shrug

I was pretty sure that happened before the Nazjatar campaign, now I'm not sure, lol.

https://www.wowhead.com/horde-war-campaign just has the Baine part for 8.2, so I'm not sure which part comes first in terms of official story.
    The patch that brought in Baine's rescue was teh same one that brought Naz and Mechagon. To trigger the event you needed to complete the following quests:

1. Create Your Own Strength
    2. Settling In
    3. Scouting the Pens
    4. Save A Friend
    5. Becoming a Friend
    6. Down Into Nazjatar
    7. Insight into Our Enemies
    8. Deteriorating Knowledge
    9. The Price is Death
    10. What We Know of the Naga
    11. Scouting Undercover
    12. Sating Snapdragons
    13. Working with Purpose
    14. Stealing the Naga's Secrets
    15. Sea Slug Liquidation
    16. Coveted Crystals
    17. Let the Residue Lead You
    18. Clearing Out the Cache

So you were doing quite a bit of legwork around Naz while Nathanos was doing whatever he was doing.

If Sylvanas knew everyone was outside the gates of Org, she would have had him off somewhere else doing some sinister shit.

Playing through on Saurfangs side... it seems you don't see much of Nathanos again after he dips out in Nazjatar. Or at least my Warrior didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Nathanos is now an enemy of the Horde. Sylvanas loyalists are literally being rounded up and paraded through the streets of Orgrimmar in chains. There's no way in hell Nathanos is getting back into Orgrimmar, let alone going to be able to stir up shit without people knowing what was going on.
    Sylvanas and Nathanos still have followers and they are not in Orgrimmar. So does Tyrande. Both groups will refuse to accept the truce and stir up trouble. Nathanos does not have to get back in Orgrimmar to pose a looming threat.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Exxord View Post
    "Look behind you: a three headed hozen!"
    Sick reference bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.