Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    raid and classes are not that fun

Your opinion. I absolutely love AEP and my class, while not currently the best (monk), is extremely fluid and fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Yeah they dont care about them at all, they just develop mythic raid encounters just for that group.

Clearly dont care at all, lol.
    I havn't said they don't care at all. This forum members have funny tendency to change other's words. But fine, not first time.

All the content that is focused on mythic raider is just few raids per expansion when casuals (that is sadly biggest group of wow community) get tons of content to do.

Considering that top guilds that race for world first require you to abandom life for few weeks and less skilled guilds also need to invest tons of time it's joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How is this any different than what happened in Legion?

It doesn't matter what the next season of M+ gear will be. It caps for the start, and the cutting edge guilds will still want their advantage at the start.
    Advantages for what exactly?
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Intentionally? No.

In practice? They have been doing it hardcore since Legion. Raiders and consequentionally guilds are the most affected by the burnout presented by infinite grinds. The removal of class sets didn't help either.
    Not only guilds either. Servers are dying cause of it too. Cause the remaining raiders just try and transfer to servers with more guilds or where they have a better chance to recruit. Many servers are already permanently damaged and only mergers will fix the situation.

This is not new, but i has become a lot worse since Legion.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-30 at 02:53 AM.

1. This wasnt the point I was making. I said that gear you got from the old raidtier was usefull in the new raidtier. Tier 11 heroic gear was as good as Tier 12 normal gear for example so you didnt have to farm Tier 12 on normal to do Tier 12 heroic. This is not the case anymore because mythic EP gear is worse than gear from m+.

2. Your point is wrong anyway. You did farm old raids for gear. Elisande trinket, Lei Shen trinket, Legendaries in Wotlk, Cata and MoP, old setbonuses. The list is endless.
    You didn't go back to ulduar for JUST the healer legendary. You didn't need that throughput. Raw stat differences made old set bonuses irrelevant. A single item for a single person did not make the whole raid go back a tier or two to farm it. People made their raiders farm the mop cloak on their own in lfr. Unless your group is stacking like 6 mages and warlocks you did not go back to firelands for just the staff you got it when it was current.

Again, One item for one person doesn't make raid groups go back a tier to farm it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Umm just do the same thing you did in ToS, just coast through until next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    So for raiding guilds which have already cleared the raid there is no point in raiding anymore.
    The gear you get in EP is useless with the next raid because the next season of m+ gear will have an ilvl of 460+, azshara drops no mount and the raid and classes are not that fun to justify raiding every week for the next 3-4 months.

The question is: Are raiding guilds forced to either suffer through the next months or to risk a guild disbandment? Because we all know that there are some players who will never come back online if they stay offline for too long.

Half serious question that is.

Also you may think things like: "nobody is forcing you to play" or "Lol, my ret pally is super fun to me."
    If this is the case I kindly ask you to go to the next thread. This is about mythic raiding and if you dont understand the basic rules of it then what are you doing here?
    Bless your heart, you discovered their dastardly plan... Yes, of course they are... but not EVERY guild... just the weak ones with weak members... they even called it 'the culling'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Wait what? Gear is reset every tier? When did this happen?

I felt that when they introduced titanforging and later removed tier sets in BFA, I felt that mythic raiding was pointless.

The only perks you got were higher ilvl on average and a shiny new unique mount.

That's it really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are not capable of understanding the topic. Thanks for trying though.

You said you are enjoying ret because not many people are playing it. I gave an example of what many people are also not doing.

Oh boi this is getting out of hand and all of the 2 remaining ret players are offended because I used their class as example for a boring class. Every class is shittier in BFA than it was in previous expansions. Ret was just a random example.
    Let me ask you... are you looking for a discussion, or are you looking for an echo chamber... because watching you slap back at anyone and everyone that disagress with you makes me think that the latter is exactly what you are after.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

No OP - this isn't intentional.

As often happens - various seemingly good things have unintended side effects.

My Palace raiding stopped in its tracks because of Classic - however I doubt Blizzard sat in a room and went 'how about we kill retail raiding by releasing Classic'.

That I don't get to finish Palace is disappointing, it is Blizzard's fault 'technically' - but I wouldn't want Classic to disappear just so I can continue to raid.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Says the guy lamenting the fact that the next tier/season will have better gear (like, you know, always). What was supposed to happen, Mythic EP's gear stays BIS for the rest of the expansion?
    It isn't about the fact that better gear will be available but the speed at which old gear gets replaced. In the past you had to do the new raid to get better gear or later on you could skip normal and start with heroic. Now as soon as the new season starts and they increase the ilvl across the board you can farm mythic+ to be on par or have even better gear as someone who prviously cleared mythic. So your gear gets replaced faster than before and you can skip both normal and heroic and jump from mythic the previous tier into mythic in the new tier.

Progression time gets shorter and shorter for mythic raiders because there is less and less meaningful content for them after clearing the raid and before the new mythic raid opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I felt that when they introduced titanforging and later removed tier sets in BFA, I felt that mythic raiding was pointless.

The only perks you got were higher ilvl on average and a shiny new unique mount.

That's it really.
    Nit true you get first access to recolored wrath dungeon level of awful armor sets!

The question is: Are raiding guilds forced to either suffer through the next months or to risk a guild disbandment? Because we all know that there are some players who will never come back online if they stay offline for too long.
    How is this any different from any other tier?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I agree, ToS mogs were sick. Even if I was meh about the raid itself. BFA mogs have certainly been a downgrade.

She also drops the rank 4 essence on mythic, but I guess nobody's really excited about that since they won't carry onto the next xpac.

Back on the topic of the thread, awhile back I made a thread on the Raid board about how the last boss should drop higher ilvl loot again, and most agreed. If not +10 ilvl, at least +5. They shouldn't have went away from that.

I don't agree with some of what the OP is saying, but I do agree they should be incentivizing mythic raiding more than they currently are. Hopefully they remove titanforging next xpac, and a few other things. (stronger raid trinkets, skip quests put back in the raid to help with prog, less expensive consumables, more than 8 bosses to do in a tier, etc.).

Not sure mythic raiding itself is really dying. The first few bosses in these raids have been freebies lately, free easy loot. Now if the number of guilds that bother to fully clear is going down, maybe the data supports that. Fairly low-hanging fruit to just dabble in the first 3, though the main barrier is having 20 people and on the same realm.
    I think Titanforge shouldn't be a ridiculous amount of ilvl equivalent to mythic. Nothing in game should get to the level of ilvl of mythic. Mythic should be unique and so on. Warforge is just a little, fine by me. But titanforge and rng on sockets should not exist.

Mythic should give gear with sockets specifically and be high by its own. That, is what would make people want to be unique and play it. Unique gear with sockets and bonus stuff other difficulties wont give. Feeling rewarding.

LFR/Normal - Normal gear
    HC - Warforge.
    Mythic - Sockets and the highest ilvl.
    Removal of RNG on all difficulties for a warforge or titanforge and sockets. Make it specific to come on difficulties.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-30 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Shouldnt you, oh most elyte player, take this time to:
    Take a break.
    Gear up whatever fotm alt you can.
    Do something else ingame.
    Get in the ptr to try next raid things so you can showcase your mad skills to the world.

Believe it or not you dont HAVE TO do anything you dont want to do in this video game.
    Well, that is exactly how you kill a raiding guild. To keep a group of 20 together you must raid every week, otherwise you'll lose players all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    How is this any different from any other tier?
    It's not... but apparently there is something wrong with it for THIS tier.

So for raiding guilds which have already cleared the raid there is no point in raiding anymore.
    The gear you get in EP is useless with the next raid because the next season of m+ gear will have an ilvl of 460+, azshara drops no mount and the raid and classes are not that fun to justify raiding every week for the next 3-4 months.

Half serious question that is.

Also you may think things like: "nobody is forcing you to play" or "Lol, my ret pally is super fun to me."
    If this is the case I kindly ask you to go to the next thread. This is about mythic raiding and if you dont understand the basic rules of it then what are you doing here?
    A quick look at WoWprogress shows 50 guilds in the US have cleared Mythic Palace, and I stopped counting at 4/8 at over 900 guilds. (I figure anything under that are more likely to disband or quit or stop raiding because their tank went to Classic)

Looks to me like there's plenty of attention on the Palace raid, and guilds participating. So I call into question your hypothesis that enough guilds have cleared the Palace at Mythic for it to be "no point". Sounds to me like there's plenty for vast majority of them to do, for the holidays.

In all fairness, mythic raiding has not been worth it for 2 xpac now.

Unless you really enjoy wiping 300 times on a boss for insignificant rewards people can get in lower difficulties if lucky anyways.

And don't think it's better in Heroic.. after 4 weeks you pretty much don't need anything from there anymore, and the only reason to run it is stupid titanforges and AP.. if those didn't exist, nobody would play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    No, its just the backfire of segregating the game into many tiny pieces while invalidating content in neckbreaking speed ( now with seasons) to get the ritalin zoom audience.
    Myhtic raiding is just feeling it the worst cause arguable its the smallest

Would solve like 0
    Nobody "sane" that already doesnt want to raid myhtic and dropped out would raid myhtic if for all that trouble they get slightly better gear that gets 100% invalidated by dungeon or WQ gear (kek) in 3 months if they could raid for example heroic or spam m+
    Would solve a lot of problems. If you want to go mythic raiding you're rewarded from it. Easy simply put. You should be rewarded by what which difficulty has to offer.
    You're being rewarded for what you worked for. You're not seeing the benefits of it, just being picked by your gear. lol