Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

When is a WoW player impressive to you?

Back in the days, raiders would /flex in Orgrimmar with their newly acquired raiding gear. People would inspect them and hope they once, would loot the items themselves.

These days, the population is incredibly sharded and with all the transmogs available, nobody seems to stand out.

For me, only rank 1 gladiator titles with a decent win-lose ratio, or famed titled players stand out. All others are just the 'average joe' for me.

What makes you look up at a WoW player and why?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    Back in the days, raiders would /flex in Orgrimmar with their newly acquired raiding gear. People would inspect them and hope they once, would loot the items themselves.

These days, the population is incredibly sharded and with all the transmogs available, nobody seems to stand out.

For me, only rank 1 gladiator titles with a decent win-lose ratio, or famed titled players stand out. All others are just the 'average joe' for me.

Mounts, only way to know if a player has cleared some mythic content or high rating pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not had any be impressive to me unless solo current bosses, or doing great things for the community. Used to be a huge fan of Hobbs for example.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats just bs, didnt care bout others loot back then and neither do i do it now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Thats just bs, didnt care bout others loot back then and neither do i do it now.
    If thats how you see it thats fine,

However it's not BS.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Nothing does... i just don't care what other people have in this game anymore.

Back in Vanilla i was really impressed with one Druid in full T3...
    After that it bacame just irrelevant. Maybe BC to an extend.
    Now everyone can clear every Raid. There is nothign to be impressed about. Clearing MYthic? Who cares i have seen the same boss. Not as hard but contend wise it didn't change. No one really clears "new content" that no one has cleared befor them anymore.

I know i will never clear a Maythic Raid. But i also cna't see if anyone did unless thes sit on their mount.
    I was never impressed with PvP players.

Somebody who is helpful and/or civil to a total stranger.

If they have the title for clearing the current content on mythic, even more so if its the Famed Slayer of "whichever boss happens to be final boss in the given tier ".

But generally I have never stopped and inspected someone based on them standing around on a mailbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    If thats how you see it thats fine,

However it's not BS.
    It is, because i doubt im the only one that thinks like this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If you played in vanilla, tbc and wotlk, you would know this is not BS at all. I never said this goes for everyone. But a LOT of people did care.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

I have never in my 15 year long WoW life thought of another player as "impressive". I might have thought someone was cool, nice or even skilled, but impressive is never a word I would use about another WoW player

Considering i don't think method clearing world first is impressive(yes i know i would NEVER be able to play at that level myself). Nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

TBH, only someone with the Crazy Cat title impresses me anymore.

How edgy. It isn't BS if he said he does it .....

That was part and parcel of the game back in the old days. You could physically see if someone had accomplished the hardest content. You looked at them, thought wow i want that and inspected them.

If you didn't, good for you. H'es not asking that though.

when he consistently is top dps without padding

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, not another glorified anti-transmog thread. Look, if you don't see how even top end raiders benefit from the transmog system there is nothing that I can tell you.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    When I look at their gear and they have Mythic or Elite PvP transmogs.

Never cared about being impressed by anyone. It's just a video game.
    #TeamTinkers

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What impresses me:

When he has bad gear, but still carry most of the weight of a pvp or pve group/raid. And is still humble with positivity and kindness. That also count if he is good geared. Also respect people that try to get as progressive as possible over a little piece of time and succeed. (boosted, only luck or ninjaing doesn't count), I am talking about his priorities and thinking.

Unimpressive is the players that dont work irl and just play the game 24/7, has full epics and act like toxic Kids. Telling other people sucks etc and say everything is easy. Ofc it is easy when everything you do is just playing on that characters Every Day for 10 Hours+.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Oh no, not another glorified anti-transmog thread. Look, if you don't see how even top end raiders benefit from the transmog system there is nothing that I can tell you.
    Eh, I don't care about it much. Mostly because they are not very visible unless you're zooming in. I played other videogames like Path of Exile where transmogs are way more visible and also look cooler.

It's really NOT what I was talking about though. I'm asking YOU what you think is impressive. If that's transmogs for you, great. Post it then.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator