Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Ask Kripparrian. I'm amazed he didn't develop depression after playing nothing but hearthstone for years. I guess the money is in fact worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If I could earn the same as my current job I'd happily sit on my arse playing video games for a living, even if I didn't like the game.
    This lol.
    To be fair if you go onto DBD on Twitch there are a few of the well known top streamers who play it day in day out but hate like 95% of the current state of the game but they will still endure this day in day out to stream instead of actually going out and do any form of a physical job.

The thing with streaming is you are a one trick pony, you need to play the same thing day in day out to reel in a solid foundation of subs/viewers cause they only wanna see 1 game ( once you got like 1k or more subs and a recurring 1.5+k viewers you can play other shit and still stay relevant but yeah not at the start )
    Unless you are a woman and just put on a push up bra and open your top, then you can literally just sit there doing '' spin wheel for new subs '' for 6 hours straight.

And of course it's the money factor too, even something relatively low as 1000 subs still gets you close to 2500 a month ( or 3k if you get a bigger cut per sub from Twitch ) add in some bits and dono's over 30 days and you easily reach 3-3500 a month just to sleep, eat and play the same redundant game on Twitch 5-6 days out of 7 instead of going out and doing a real job.

Gotta be a real bozo to give up that and go work your ass off somewhere 8 hours a day to maybe not even reach the same income.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2019-11-13 at 07:15 PM.

I think it depends on the direction you're coming at it from.

If I already have a good job that provides what I need it to provide to live whatever I deem a comfortable life, would I start playing a game I hate as a replacement for that? No.

If that was my job and I came to hate the job, but I needed it to provide income so I can pay for a place to live and food to eat? Sure, I would endure it while I look for something else or trying to grow something else on my channel and if I really love the autonomy of making YT videos for a living that would factor into what "something else" I would accept. Lots of people hate their jobs, but we'll do all sorts of things to live.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

7+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how much money I make, yes. I mean, I go to work 5 days a week for money, and I don't particularly like doing that. I'd simply view it as a job I could do from home.

You can turn your brain off and just do something monotonous especially if there's a reward for it. I'd play Gothic 3 if I was getting paid.

I mean people go to jobs they hate for iffy pay everyday. I am sure a lot of people would agree to get paid to sit around playing a game they don't like.

if it was my only option maybe... but i'm pretty sure there'd be way better options available as long as i'm willing to go outside.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

5+ Year Old Account
    All day ? no way

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I hold a job? Yes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Well there's also money, clearly, in just hatin' on the game you hate, so... That guy could perhaps rebrand himself?

And no, I wouldn't. I don't think I'd be a very good entertainer if I did something that didn't entertain me, and I am a terrible actress. I am lucky enough to having been born in a country that doesn't require me to hate life in order to live comfortably.