Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LOTRO next Expansion Minas Morgul - scheduled to release on October 29 2019

So the next lotro expansion has been announced and it seems it will be set partially in the 2nd age of middle earth during the war of the last alliance and partially in Minas Morgul. Storywise it seems to be interesting.

thoughts?

Last edited by Slau; 2019-10-01 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slau View Post
    So the next lotro expansion has been announced and it seems it will be set partially in the 2nd age of middle earth during the war of the last alliance and partially in Minas Morgul. Storywise it seems to be interesting.

thoughts?
    A link to the announcement or anything more than your post would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    i cant post links sadly due to not having enough posts on this forum but i am going to try to copy some information.

The Lord of the Rings Online™ : Minas Morgul will take you on an expedition deep into the Morgul Vale in search of answers to a mystery that spans three thousand years. The words of the shade of Isildur will unearth secrets and visions of the Second Age that have remained untold until now, revealing playable landscape and new adventures from a crucial time in Middle-earth’s history.

New Race: Stout-axe Dwarves
    Meet the lost civilization of Stout-axe Dwarves, and live their story of reemergence.

Two New Regions
    Explore “The Morgul Vale” as well as “Mordor Besieged”

Face Shelob
    Get 7 new 3-person and 6-person instances, and a new 12 person raid against one of the Morgul Vale’s most notorious residents.

Level Cap Increase
    Reach character level 130 with the launch of the expansion!

New Crafting Guild Benefits
    Earn guaranteed rare items, faster crafting, and more!

The Black Book of Mordor
    Vanquish the lingering remnants of evil, and stop the remaining denizens of Mordor who conspire for power in the wake of Sauron’s defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    i cant post links yet so i will copy the content - wish i could just post a link..

Uncover Deeds of Old and New
    The Lord of the Rings Online™ : Minas Morgul will take you on an expedition deep into the Morgul Vale in search of answers to a mystery that spans three thousand years. The words of the shade of Isildur will unearth secrets and visions of the Second Age that have remained untold until now, revealing playable landscape and new adventures from a crucial time in Middle-earth’s history.

New Race: Stout-axe Dwarves
    Meet the lost civilization of Stout-axe Dwarves, and live their story of reemergence.

Two New Regions
    Explore “The Morgul Vale” as well as “Mordor Besieged”

Face Shelob
    Get 7 new 3-person and 6-person instances, and a new 12 person raid against one of the Morgul Vale’s most notorious residents.

Level Cap Increase
    Reach character level 130 with the launch of the expansion!

New Crafting Guild Benefits
    Earn guaranteed rare items, faster crafting, and more!

The Black Book of Mordor
    Vanquish the lingering remnants of evil, and stop the remaining denizens of Mordor who conspire for power in the wake of Sauron’s defeat.

Minas Morgul Expansion
    Over 250 New Quests
    7 New Instances*
    Updated Crafting Guilds
    Black Book of Mordor Storyline**
    New Shelob Raid and more!*
    Stout-axe Dwarf Race
    Extra Character Slot
    Expedition Supplies†
    100% XP Boost Scrolls (1hr) x5
    Reputation Supply Boost x5

The new race seems to be another of the 7 dwarven houses - separate from durins folk.

https://lotro.com/en/minasithil/
    Last edited by Slau; 2019-10-01 at 01:35 PM.

Good to hear that the game is receiving new content updates even after the end of the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Good to hear that the game is receiving new content updates even after the end of the main story.
    the books storyline has not finished yet because they have not yet resolved the Saruman in the Shire storyline but yeah it is close to the end, Seems like they have taken a different approach - visiting other locations rather than following books.

The last updates brought vales of anduin, iron hills and the grey mountains.

I really love this game and i need to get into it again, i havent played since moria, and even bought the vip when it was available. Is the game still active? I may have to redownload and play it.

What ever happened to that new LOTR mmo they announced some time back? hope it's gonna be good and that they focus on pvp we need more good pvp mmo's.

GW2 and EVE is the only good ones i can remember and they may not even be good these days as it was along time since i played them.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see them still releasing content for this one though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    What ever happened to that new LOTR mmo they announced some time back? hope it's gonna be good and that they focus on pvp we need more good pvp mmo's.

GW2 and EVE is the only good ones i can remember and they may not even be good these days as it was along time since i played them.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see them still releasing content for this one though.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/10/2...o-play-tolkien

Announced earlier this year and developed by a Chinese developer so folks are already a bit skeptical.

Don't think there was any indication it would have a PvP focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/10/2...o-play-tolkien

Announced earlier this year and developed by a Chinese developer so folks are already a bit skeptical.

Don't think there was any indication it would have a PvP focus.
    Chinese developer hmm i didnt know that well im not gonna judge but when hear chinese i think major grind but who knows i will follow it for sure.

But korean games are like that too and i enjoyed black desert mmo alot, only game i enjoyed fishing i made alot of money on that. But yeah that game was a massive grind haha but still good.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-09-30 at 07:15 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I really love this game and i need to get into it again, i havent played since moria, and even bought the vip when it was available. Is the game still active? I may have to redownload and play it.
    It is not as active as it used to be but it is still pretty active. Although most of the players are old timers and are hanging out at the level cap - it is definitely possible to meet people in lower level areas but the middle levels get a bit deserted. The game doesnt use cross realm tech to fill up empty layers so you have some regions that are almost never visited and others that have plenty of players. For example there is about 50 poeple online on my server between levels 50-60 but only the numbers dwindles in 70-100 range as there are simply not enough poeple there. But 1-60 levelling is still decently crowded - a lot of depends on the server.

on my server there are around 100 poeple in level 1-20 range so its plenty of folks around but it gets less and less crowded in the later zones until you are close to endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Chinese developer hmm i didnt know that well im not gonna judge but when hear chinese i think major grind but who knows i will follow it for sure.

But korean games are like that too and i enjoyed black desert mmo alot, only game i enjoyed fishing i made alot of money on that. But yeah that game was a massive grind haha but still good.
    i think it might be an interesting game but i am worried about lore - lets just say that lotr games did not have perfect treatment recently "cough" "cough" shadow of war/mordor - lotro at least tries to keep to the lore. Lets just say that those games made me cringe.
    Last edited by Slau; 2019-09-30 at 07:16 PM.

It is not as active as it used to be but it is still pretty active. Although most of the players are old timers and are hanging out at the level cap - it is definitely possible to meet people in lower level areas but the middle levels get a bit deserted. The game doesnt use cross realm tech to fill up empty layers so you have some regions that are almost never visited and others that have plenty of players. For example there is about 50 poeple online on my server between levels 50-60 but only the numbers dwindles in 70-100 range as there are simply not enough poeple there. But 1-60 levelling is still decently crowded - a lot of depends on the server.

on my server there are around 100 poeple in level 1-20 range so its plenty of folks around but it gets less and less crowded in the later zones until you are close to endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

i think it might be an interesting game but i am worried about lore - lets just say that lotr games did not have perfect treatment recently "cough" "cough" shadow of war/mordor - lotro at least tries to keep to the lore. Lets just say that those games made me cringe.
    I cant remember what server i was on, brandywine? I think? But as for shadows of war i liked the first one, the 2nd one just felt like a repetative mess especially at endgame and for a %spoiler alert% shit ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I cant remember what server i was on, brandywine? I think? But as for shadows of war i liked the first one, the 2nd one just felt like a repetative mess especially at endgame and for a %spoiler alert% shit ending.
    Brandywine is still alive and is the biggest US server i believe.

As to the shadow of war - it was just straight out terrible lorewise - not to mention that the plot was bad even if i would ignore the non canon shenanigans, shadow of mordor was less bad i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    LotRO is still receiving new expansions?

Really cool, played this back in the day (when Mines of Moria was released) but couldn't get further than Trollshaws or Rivendell or maybe Angmar if that was in the game (it was a dark area north from Shire). Back then Mines of Moria was hyped to be the best dungeon/underground area ever, I wonder how has it aged since then.. I remember they used some neat design in there where the area was mostly horizontal but felt like it's vertical just like Moria is.

Then I decided to wait further and get back to the game if they ever get close to Mordor or Minas Tirith and that city has already been added to the game so maybe I'll give it another try some day..
    Moria is big enough to have 10 distinct zones within it, each with its own story and unique look and feel to it. Although many poeple do complain about its layout because the map is not very useful in vertical spaces.

I am pretty sure the game covers all of the well known places in middle-earth by now so maybe there is now a chance for Harad or Rhun expansion...

As for Minas Tirith i think it was added around 3 years ago and Mordor around 2 years ago. Then they went and did the Dale-lands, Erebor, Iron Hills, Grey Mountains and Vales of Anduin.
    Last edited by Slau; 2019-10-01 at 09:58 AM.

thoughts?
    It's been announced less than one month before it releases?

Moria is big enough to have 10 distinct zones within it, each with its own story and unique look and feel to it. Although many poeple do complain about its layout because the map is not very useful in vertical spaces.

I am pretty sure the game covers all of the well known places in middle-earth by now so maybe there is now a chance for Harad or Rhun expansion...

As for Minas Tirith i think it was added around 3 years ago and Mordor around 2 years ago. Then they went and did the Dale-lands, Erebor, Iron Hills, Grey Mountains and Vales of Anduin.
    I keep wanting to get into this or back into only got to level 15ish. It just seems to daunting a task.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    Well technically they revealed it in january but they gave no details until now when the preorders begun.

Well technically the expansion was announced in january but the devs have been really silent about it until now so...

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I keep wanting to get into this or back into only got to level 15ish. It just seems to daunting a task.
    it is kind of daunting - levelling up takes months now but at least it feels good to level in this game compared to wow imo. The level cap is 120 now and the levelling speed is fairly slow so for a new person it will take a while to get through it all. Another thing is that there are usually several regions for the level so if you do everything you will always end up with a level that is far too high for the next area.

- - - Updated - - -

sort of - they told us they were working on it in January but no details.

thoughts?
    LOTRO still exists?