Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I was under the impression (however wrong it could be) that each current race would get a corresponding "Allied" race counterpart.

If this is the case then the ones missing would be

Undead - ?
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Worgen - ?
    Pandaren - ?
    Allied race tab doesnt have a slot for the Panda/Neutral race so it's likely never going to happen.

Undead is some kind of sexy/"nicer" version of Forsaken (see: Derek and Calia) that might use the human model.
    Worgen will likely be a new species that resembles Worgen, to match with Vulpera on Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression (however wrong it could be) that each current race would get a corresponding "Allied" race counterpart.

Undead - ?
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Worgen - ?
    Pandaren - ?
    Lightforged Undead perhaps

Saberon or something similar have been discussed before

Pandaren...there are other sentient bear races or perhaps they don't need once since they're on both factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Lightforged Undead perhaps

Saberon or something similar have been discussed before

Pandaren...there are other sentient bear races or perhaps they don't need once since they're on both factions?
    If "Death" is the theme of the next expansion, an Undead variant allied race would fit in nicely.

Hope so, I want Vulpera on the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne releasing at the end of Legion say hello.

It's a pack of four ARs at the end of BFA to pad out the drought until 9.0. JUST like what happened in Legion.
    yeah but that was before allied races was even really a concept. allied races were billed as a major selling point of this expansion and so far it's just been 2 sets at the very beginning and then nothing. there's no reason to push them all the way to the end there's barely anything to do rn

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    yeah but that was before allied races was even really a concept. allied races were billed as a major selling point of this expansion and so far it's just been 2 sets at the very beginning and then nothing. there's no reason to push them all the way to the end there's barely anything to do rn
    The reason they come out at the very end is to give people something to do from 8.3 till 9.0. That content drought is much bigger than 8.2 to 8.3.

Mechagnomes will obviously be a neutral race like Pandaren. This will also end the discussion of "Who can be tinker?!" and the obvious fact that the Alliance would have FAR more races that should be able to be Tinker than the Horde does if Mechagnomes were Alliance only.

Mechagnomes are going to be the next new race for BOTH factions. They are going to be neutral. And only them, Gnomes and Goblins will be able to roll Tinker.

As for the general question raised in the OP:
    I sure hope not. I they want new races, fine...add them as NEW RACES, complete with a starting zone and all the lore that comes with it. Shitting a bunch of half-assed recolor-races onto us with the only purpose to bait race-changes is detrimental to the health of the game.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-09-30 at 09:04 PM.

I've seen a lot of vocal hate for them, but they're by far my favorite feature in the game now, so I hope we do -- lots more, at that.

Undead - ?
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Worgen - ?
    Pandaren - ?
    That's been a community assumption with Blizz saying absolutely nothing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    That's been a community assumption with Blizz saying absolutely nothing to back it up.
    Gnomes getting an AR despite being the most unpopular idea so far is proof enough that they want to checklist every pre-MOP race with a corresponding AR. Otherwise a Gnome AR would not exist.

Allied races will be the only way they introduce new races to the game. Save resources and time from making a separate starter zone, etc.

Gnomes getting an AR despite being the most unpopular idea so far is proof enough that they want to checklist every pre-MOP race with a corresponding AR. Otherwise a Gnome AR would not exist.
    At this point in time Mechagnomes are not an allied race and there is no other corresponding allied race.

I'm not going to rule it out, Mechagnome and Vulpera could both be end-of-expansion pad content, but right now at this minute they are not.

There is no current allied race for gnome and the hopes for there to be one are just within a very small subsection of the community.

Allied races are an overall failure due to the failed tuning when they revamped the leveling system and the difficulties with maintaining alts at max level.

Legion would have been a far better time and easier expansion for the allied race system, as it stands now it's somewhere down at the bottom of the engagement barrel with island expeditions.

I’d rather them let me play existing races but on the faction I like. Here’s hoping to end of factions theme. Outside of that WoW seriously lacks customization options and they need to focus on that.

The reason they come out at the very end is to give people something to do from 8.3 till 9.0. That content drought is much bigger than 8.2 to 8.3.
    there's no reason they can't release them now and also then they're pretty low effort cash grabs

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect we'll get Vulpera & Mechagnomes, and then probably Worgen/Undead equivalent Allied Races, which will be our last set for a while at least.

The UI IMO is very much speaking that Allied Races are meant to be a BfA specific feature, similar to how Garrisons were always going to be a WoD-specific feature. If Blizz had plans for more Allied Races, they would have set the UI up in a place where they could better expand for new Allied Races in the future.

It's funny how you're using an assumption to try to validate another assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    With whats going on lorewise, this really brings up the question of allied races. You see, with 8.2, the question was brought up to Blizzard. They said that if the story for it made sense, we may see more allied races recruited. Well, now, would it ever make sense again?

Lorewise, what would be the point? I am wondering what everyones thoughts are on this since it really does seem like they've put themselves into a hole for these.
    i personally hope so, but blizzard seems to have a long track record of picking up and then forgetting elements and parts of the game between expansions so i really don't hold out any hope we will see more allied races past BFA. wow is very ADHD in design, a collection of what some dev thought was cool at the time and the abandoned in a couple years for the next cool thing, thats just how its always been.

Undead - ?
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Worgen - ?
    Pandaren - ?
    I still wouldn’t bet on Vulpera as a 100% certainty. Even with all the ‘evidence’ in the code, they still wouldn’t fit in as an Allied Race. My guess is that Blizzard is just trolling at this point. They are so insignificant to the lore and would be the first allied race one faction hardly ever encounters. We all met all other races at some point during the game, Horde and Alliance. That’s not the case for Vulpera. There are also no noteworthy named Vulpera NPC’s.

They might have been on the table at some point, and using the Goblin model, development of the Vulpera probably wasn’t a major investment. I just don’t think Goblin and Worgen (and Pandaren) will get an allied race any day soon, if ever. Mechagnomes and a more humanized Undead will probably be the next Allied races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken - Redeemed (lightforging is a draenei thing)
    Gnome - Mechagnome (the cyborg ones, not pure machine)
    Worgen - Saberon
    Goblin - Gilgoblin
    Pandaren - Vulpera

Doubtful, but as Vulpera and Mechagnome will show they will still add races to only one faction even if they are not at war.
    Nope. Sethrak for Horde Mechagnome for Alliance.