Page 1 of 3
LastLast

N'Zoth, the god of... what was it, exactly?

Cataclysm:
    1. The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    2. In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    3. At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.

Legion:
    4. The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly.
    5. It was here in ages past that the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads.
    6. A great dragon, bent to the will of Xavius, who serves the God of the Deep.
    7. Easy prey for the God of the Deep.
    8. The God of the Deep picks a poor champion? Or, is there something else at play?
    9. To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
    10. Da dagger spoke true. It been too long since Ogmot got drowned.

BfA:
    11. Embrace your fate. All will drown.
    12. Light dies in the endless fathoms.
    13. The currents wash you into the abyss.
    14. K'thir Seacaller.
    15. Drowned Adherent / Ascendant / Harbinger.
    16. The Drowned Lands.
    17. The Tidesages.
    18. I reside within your lungs! (a.k.a. the water in your lungs when you drown.)
    19. Grasp of the Sunken City.
    20. Beneath the tides, your truth awaits.
    21. He gave himself to the deep places. He gave himself to me.
    22. Children... the depths are my domain.
    23. Let the tides draw you into my dream...
    24. Deeper, ever deeper...
    25. The undrowned will join the chorus. Listen to it.

Ny'alotha:
    0 aquatic themes, references or even abilities.

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    5000 iq post

(But true)

I'm sorry, what's so difficult to understand? He's called "God of the Deep" because he was literally stuck in the abyss for thousands of years:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

the old gods self-proclaim to be gods of ____. yogg-saron said he was the "god of death" but he had no real command over the death/necromancy in the sense of it being a cosmic force. he was just saying that because he was either trying to scare us, or threaten us with demise if we tried to stand against him. c'thun is the self-proclaimed "god of chaos" but the trope that people go insane around old gods is consistent with all of the old gods, not just c'thun. y'shaarj had no title and n'zoth is just referred to the "god of the deep" because, well, he was trapped under the sea. everything you listed is just in reference to n'zoth to build him up. to let us know he is still out there (as of Legion that is).

i wish the old gods had some form of extra power over a certain force or certain gimmick power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I'm sorry, what's so difficult to understand? He's called "God of the Deep" because he was literally stuck in the abyss for thousands of years:
    Discounting the fact that he had a clear nautical theme right up until Ny'alotha at which point Blizzard forgot that he's supposed to look like a Kraken and have aquatic faceless ones (entirely absent from BfA)...

Yep, nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Discounting the fact that he had a clear nautical theme right up until Ny'alotha at which point Blizzard forgot that he's supposed to look like a Kraken and have aquatic faceless ones (entirely absent from BfA)...

still i don't think blizz was going for the idea that he had some command/power of the seas or his visual theme would be that of the sea. it was really just to forward the point of his location, his dealing behind the creation and command over the naga, and that's about it.

this thread is a massive stretch to complain about something.

He still had a clear nautical theme, he was literally imprisoned in the middle of the ocean, and his form towers above Nazjatar, which is, as you guessed it, an underwater empire. He still looks like a kraken and he has aquatic faceless ones amongst his armies in 8.3, and his emissary to Azshara in 8.2 was also an aquatic faceless one. Also we already knew how Ny'alotha looked back when Warbringers: Azshara was released, which was one year before 8.3 was even announced.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    still i don't think blizz was going for the idea that he had some command/power of the seas or his visual theme would be that of the sea. it was really just to forward the point of his location, his dealing behind the creation and command over the naga, and that's about it.

this thread is a massive stretch to complain about something.
    Correct. He did not have command over the seas, so much so that in Cataclysm he actually needed the Nazjatar Empire to control the seas, hence why the bulk of the Old God forces attacking Neptulon in Vashj'ir are naga and not faceless ones.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm:

Legion:
    5. It was here in ages past that the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads.
    8. The God of the Deep picks a poor champion? Or, is there something else at play?

BfA:
    14. K'thir Seacaller.
    16. The Drowned Lands.
    17. The Tidesages.
    18. I reside within your lungs! (a.k.a. the water in your lungs when you drown.)

Ny'alotha:

lol
    He's not aquatic, other then the fact he is vaguely squid like.
    The reason he is called that is because his prison was deep in the ocean so he seemingly created aquatic life. Like how insects were created by the other Bois.
    He doesn't need aquatic abilities, but his followers are quite aquatic looking. The tendrils. The squid like appearances, hell even the void dragon he corrupted gets fins

He does not have power over water, he simply was trapped beneath it. And with that was able to fuck around with the creatures of the ocean.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This is such a troll thread at this point it's pointless to even point out its flaws.

7+ Year Old Account

He does look like a kraken though... And his faceless ones are aquatic, what world are you living in? Did you not just see nazajatar, and stormsong, and the raid there?

Men with squid like faces. Giant kraken, tendrils sprouting from the ocean. Even the water elementals have squid faces! In the raid we have titan keepers who have got squid faces and tentacle arms.

What are you on. I want some, cause whatever it is. It allows you to block out reality around you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    He does look like a kraken though... And his faceless ones are aquatic, what world are you living in? Did you not just see nazajatar, and stormsong, and the raid there?

Men with squid like faces. Giant kraken, tendrils sprouting from the ocean. Even the water elementals have squid faces! In the raid we have titan keepers who have got squid faces and tentacle arms.

What are you on. I want some, cause whatever it is. It allows you to block out reality around you.
    They changed his color scheme from yellow (color of Krakens like Ozumat) to purple.

All faceless ones have squidfaces. N'Zoth's faceless were distinctly more aquatic-looking than the rest. E.g:

1. He was jailed under the ocean
    2. See 2, the sunken city would be Nazjatar
    3. Azshara fight takes place at the bottom of the ocean
    4. 5. 6. 7. 8. He's in the Deep, hence he's called the God of the Deep
    9. The area where we free him is called Circle of Stars.
    10. See others
    11. Same.
    12. bottom of the sea.
    13. ??
    14. Seacallers are common in Kul'tiras
    15. I think it's now clear "drowned", "drown" etc refers to N'zoth, which means they're serving him
    16. ^
    17. They were corrupted by N'zoth, some are not
    18. Drown blabla
    19. N'zoth is at the bottom of the Ocean, N'zoth is able to rip open the veil between our dimensions => without himp, it's effectively sunken.
    20. It did, we went beneath the tides
    21. See above.
    22. See above.
    23. See above.
    24. See above.
    24. See above.

If I was a corrupting influence locked in the ocean, it'd probably be my main channel of corruption as well.
    And once I got released, i'd GTFO from that place.

But even then, Za'qul had no watery spell, neither did the faceless we've met in BFA (the adds during Uu'nat, or Uu'nat himself despite being a Naga apart from the Trident).
    The only creature that did were Tidesages or Naga, which obviously have spells of that element (and often use a lot of void instead).

- - - Updated - - -

They changed his color scheme from yellow (color of Krakens like Ozumat) to purple.
    His eyes are yellow, the inside of his body is yellow, Dest'agath is yellow. Being a creatur eof void it obviously had a purple tinge, but the orange is still present.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm:

Legion:

BfA:
    14. K'thir Seacaller.
    16. The Drowned Lands.
    17. The Tidesages.

Ny'alotha:

lol
    it could be more metaphorically, or who knows, maybe somehow there is a path to nyalotha at the bottom of the sea. i think its mainly because his PRISON was underwater, not him
    yeast

Chalk it up to the switch of location. Per the early data files N'zoth was intended to be a zone next to Nazjatar at some point during development. Hell, we see the dude's body under the sea in the Warbringers even though in-game, he's in another dimension instead. Or maybe in both, it's vague.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Chalk it up to the switch of location. Per the early data files N'zoth was intended to be a zone next to Nazjatar at some point during development. Hell, we see the dude's body under the sea in the Warbringers even though in-game, he's in another dimension instead. Or maybe in both, it's vague.
    Or Blizzard just kind of forgot everything they established about N'Zoth up until 8.3.

i imagine it's more how his followers reference him, and he just went a long with it. at the end of the day his prison has been under the sea for 10k years, but i don't think it actually was under the sea when it was build.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or Blizzard just kind of forgot everything they established about N'Zoth up until 8.3.
    Nah, Blizzard didn't forget it. It's you who are jumping to conclusions.

N'Zoth has a nautical theme, but N'Zoth at it's prime is just as he's depicted in the Ny'alotha raid - and that's what we'll go against. Not the imprisoned thing at the bottom of the ocean, but the mighty God in the mind realm hat is the Awakening City. After all, before being imprisoned he had no relevant connection to water and oceans, so it makes sense that he's being portrayed like that in Ny'aloltha.

Also, they didn't change his colors at all. It's called lighting.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2019-12-28 at 02:12 PM.

I'm confused how you reference the Hearthstone card here, but somehow forget on the card he's called "N'zoth, the Corruptor".

N'zoth was known to excel the most at corruption, just look at Deathwing. The whole "deeps" thing was, as said, in reference to his prison and most of his forces (The naga). Not that he had any sort of special affinity to water.

The Old Gods were revered since they were the most powerful being on Azeroth at that time.
    Nzoth is seen as the "God of the Deep", but hes also related to the Emerald dream (Xavius was his puppet). Hes mostly related to being the God of Madness and Corruption. Makes sense since he created the Nagas and corrupted the Emerald Dream and drove Deathwing to madness.

C'thun: Chaos
    Yogg: Death (curse of flesh?)
    Yshaarj: Rage? His 7 heads (the Shas) seems related to emotions, like the 7 sins.

I cant help be see a common relation to the Old Gods and Diablo's Prime Evil. Lord of Terror, Destruction, Hatred, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    He literally turned the Night Elves into naga, like what dude
    ?

i know, that is why i said that. it is literally in the text you quoted.

i'm saying that they never intended, nor do i think the point they made even illustrated, to imply that he had literal power over the seas/waves/water/storms/oceans.

and even in regards to y'shaarj and his title being "god of seven heads" yet we've seen the official artwork. where are the seven heads? there is no literal claim to these titles of the old gods. they are there just their to paint flavor to them.
    Last edited by WraithKingOstarion; 2019-12-28 at 02:33 PM.