Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd imagine Oomkins to do rather well in dungeons actually, atleast if he/she is willing to spend a fortune on water everyday (or have a mage with him), as they are called Oomkin for a reason.

In raids they are useless, as they are oom long before the boss is dead, and thus useless. But in dungeons, not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    lol, classic community so great

(the healer was an asshole)
    This happens on retail aswell, it's like the same crowd might be playing both versions :thinking:

My GF actually quit WoW after being kicked from a couple of dungeons at max level, because she didn't know the different ways to skip certain trash etc. Toxic community is a huge part of both versions, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    This happens on retail aswell, it's like the same crowd might be playing both versions :thinking:
    Which is why Blizzard has, over the years, built systems to mitigate these problems (voting systems, automated grouping for certain content, easier difficulty levels etc).
    But Classic was supposed to be "about the journey" and the community was supposed to be "pure" and not have the problems retail has.

Yeah. That didn't last.

Healer is just plain wrong. They were doing a dungeon. Moonkins are fine in dungeons. It doesn't matter at all if they are viable in raids or not as long as they are not doing a raid. You don't need 3 CC DPS in dungeons either as long as the group is not otherwise badly underleveled or -geared. Usually one sap/poly is more than enough.

This kind of stupid elitist attitude is more or less gone in retail since everything is much more balanced. Great to see it's back in Classic. The better community and whatnot.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2019-10-07 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because moonkin is a poor mans mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I would kick the blaming healer from the group and add him to ignore list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In this case your healer is the problem and not the Moonkin. Who's that healer to judge? Gosh, those people ruin Classic. I'd rather blacklist that healer than the Moonkin.
    There is a third option, blacklist no one.

That healer was an asshole, but he wasn't wrong about moonkins being useless. And since he's not a leader he has no vote in who gets into or out of a group, so this whole drama doesn't fucking matter

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why Blizzard has, over the years, built systems to mitigate these problems (voting systems, automated grouping for certain content, easier difficulty levels etc).
    But Classic was supposed to be "about the journey" and the community was supposed to be "pure" and not have the problems retail has.

Yeah. That didn't last.
    from my experience classic is way more toxic than retail. So much entitlement and stubborness. People tend to set around a spawn of a named mob for a quest, and instead of grouping they just sit around and decline, then you tag this fucker and you get instant invite, lol. Yeah, community...
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yeah. That didn't last.
    It's not perfect, but people generally seem to be nicer and more patient. (And they have to be, because it is annoying to replace someone mid run )

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I mean, he's not wrong...is he a dick? yes..is he wrong? no.

Why take a boomkin who will do sub par damage,have to drink after every pull,bring no real form of CC and only offers Ranged crit change. When you could bring a mage who does more dmg, can make food/water, CC, best AOE dmg in the game(Which makes dngs go faster), solid ST dmg, Int buff and portals for after. A warlock who brings solid ST and AOE, healthstones, A battle rez, summons just incase, CC, Blood pact stamins bonus and a Voidwalker incase the tanks having issues.

The fact is, you can say what he did about a lot of classes. Why bring a ret when you can bring a rogue? People warned players this would happen, you need to just accept it if you're going to go down that path and play a spec that is seen as 1 spec only(Paladins,Shaman,Druids are all seen as healers and only healers) and not get your feelings hurt when people call you out on it.
    As a mage, i'd love a boomkin in our raids for the crit buff. I wouldn't take one to a dng though
    Except that the Moonkin did superior damage in the group.

Remember, it's a pre-60 dungeon. Unless it's AoE, frontloaded damage is very effective in dungeons because the fights are so short and mana is rarely an issue.

Moonkins aren't that good. But the healer was just a dick. In 5 mans it doesn't matter a whole lot anyway. Sure, in longer raid fights they fall off fast because of mana issues but 5s are a joke if almost any comp. Shadow priest can heal them while a DPS warrior puts on a shield and tanks them.

People follow the guildelines / theorycrafting of this game pretty religiously. Doesn't help it's a meme spec. I think it boils down to elitism. People have no tolerance for people who didn't do their research before going into these dungeons, especially on such an old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    It's not perfect, but people generally seem to be nicer and more patient. (And they have to be, because it is annoying to replace someone mid run )
    Fun thing, i was apparently "blacklisted" by some angry priest yesterday, we wanted to get a cloth user, since we were boosting our low level guildies through mara, so i asked in LFG for a priest, got a reply, instant invite, he asks for a summon(he didn't even bothered to look if there is a warlock in our group), then it turns out that he was near monastery for some reason. We remained silent, waiting for him doing our stuff. 10 minutes later i shift+click him to see where he is - still near monastery, at the same spot, with [AFK] status.
    I ask him if he's going, he answers that we need to summon him. I tell him to open his eyes that there is no warlock in our group, he says "there should be warlocks around, ask in /1". I mourn over lost time (since we are sitting right next to mara gate) and return to LFG channel and start looking for a priest near a dungeon instead.
    That angry priests types "lol" in /p, then leaves, then starts shitting on me and my guild in /4 while adding me to ignore list.

I don't think that i ever met a player like this on official servers since TBC, maybe he thought that he's hot shit because he plays a healer (like we needed a healer with a level 60 warrior and druid in fucking mara, he was supposed to loot cloth since we don't have anyone to DE it), maybe it's private servers crowd or just random outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Fun thing, i was apparently "blacklisted" by some angry priest yesterday, we wanted to get a cloth user, since we were boosting our low level guildies through mara, so i asked in LFG for a priest, got a reply, instant invite, he asks for a summon(he didn't even bothered to look if there is a warlock in our group), then it turns out that he was near monastery for some reason. We remained silent, waiting for him doing our stuff. 10 minutes later i shift+click him to see where he is - still near monastery, at the same spot, with [AFK] status.
    I ask him if he's going, he answers that we need to summon him. I tell him to open his eyes that there is no warlock in our group, he says "there should be warlocks around, ask in /1". I mourn over lost time (since we are sitting right next to mara gate) and return to LFG channel and start looking for a priest near a dungeon instead.
    That angry priests types "lol" in /p, then leaves, then starts shitting on me and my guild in /4 while adding me to ignore list.

I don't think that i ever met a player like this on official servers since TBC, maybe he thought that he's hot shit because he plays a healer (like we needed a healer with a level 60 warrior and druid in fucking mara, he was supposed to loot cloth since we don't have anyone to DE it), maybe it's private servers crowd or just random outbreak
    Sounds like a random encounter to me. That could just as well have been on retail. There are entitled toxic cunts on both retail and classic (And every other online game there is), sometimes you run into them, sometimes you dont.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    People follow the guildelines / theorycrafting of this game pretty religiously. Doesn't help it's a meme spec. I think it boils down to elitism. People have no tolerance for people who didn't do their research before going into these dungeons, especially on such an old game.
    Yeah, people are so damn stuck up on pre-bis lists etc, it's rather redicilous. For instance, there is a pair of bracers that is on every Rogue pre-bis list, and they are listed for like 100g, while Shadocraft (which only has 4 less str) goes for 50g. That's a 4 attack power difference, and if you manage to get 4 Shadowcraft you get a free 40 attack power from the set bonus. But hey, it's not on the pre-bis list so people have zero clue.

Also the spellcleave mentatilty Twitch streamers created, geez. As a rogue I have a bad time getting into a group, even though my DPS is rather good (godlike cleave every other minute, and really strong ST dmg, especially with a shaman in my group).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

She was topping dps chart though. Why do people hate moonkins so much?
    This attitude is from people who haven't played since Vanilla and think they know best and are under the impression these off specs haven't improved in 15 years.

Because they are not designed to do damage. Blizzard created 9 classes, 8 for each faction, and build them accordingly to their role: Every Hybrid-Class is Healer, except for Warrior. That Warrior is an acceptable dps-class is simply because they don't have mana AND because they can share the gear with Rogues that are actually designed to be an actual dps-class.

So Moonkins are few, because they were never designed to be viable. Druid has to heal, period. This is not my view, this is the view of the designers in Vanilla. I think everyone should play how they want.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-10-07 at 11:10 AM.

This is what happens when classes are designed as roles, and specs are a dumpsterfire.

Given, the fault is on the raging healer, as the moonkin was already in the group. If he was invited in the first place people should be able to prepare for this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

She was topping dps chart though. Why do people hate moonkins so much?
    That doesn't change the fact that this group were arseholes. People who want that others play the game exactly how they want are typically #nochanges-idiots and especially the group above are arseholes. Sorry, but to blacklist because he plays a moonkin and like to play a moonkin is maybe the most ridiculous thing i've ever heared, and the healer is totally an idiot.

I would have leaved the group and blacklist them. With such idiotic people i would never group up ever again, so i would not care if they blacklist me.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Same problem as enhancement shaman. They just run out of mana too fast. Whist they have mana they are fine ( and enhancement are gods ) but it just runs out too quick and they have shit regen. You could prob wing it with mana/5 gear lower rank spells and potions and stuff but then you would be too far behind the other caster. They work in TBC as 3% hit is just so good, that 3% hit offsets the shit dps.

There gear also sucks , even into TBC they have to wear cloth.
    I hope I am misunderstanding what you are saying, because Boomkins were far from shit dps in BC. They were top Tier. Druids overall were brokenly OP in TBC. I know. I was the guilds Main Tank throughout the entirety of TBC, while playing boomkin. That is right... boomkin main tank, while topping meters, during current content (not outgearing the content), while competing for Server Firsts with two other guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Yeah, people are so damn stuck up on pre-bis lists etc, it's rather redicilous. For instance, there is a pair of bracers that is on every Rogue pre-bis list, and they are listed for like 100g, while Shadocraft (which only has 4 less str) goes for 50g. That's a 4 attack power difference, and if you manage to get 4 Shadowcraft you get a free 40 attack power from the set bonus. But hey, it's not on the pre-bis list so people have zero clue.
    Agreed. BiS lists are not a substitute for good judgment. If you are going to follow a BiS list, you should at least know why that item is on the list, as opposed to following it blindly. BiS lists are not gospel. I miss the days people theorycrafted how certain gear pieces synergized together, rather than looking at every slot individually.

i call bullshit on this story

nobody stood up to the healer to say "stfu mate" ?

we even run sometimes double healer in the guild if we cant find a dps but have 2 heals that need the dungeon.
    you can play with every comp you want and clear it cause they are so damn easy.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    WoW, that's some kind of douches there. I mean, ONE douche that is normal, but if they got enough to actually KICK someone from the group, that's just silly.

How did the boomkin end up in the group to begin with? I mean, did they think she'd play feral?

Anyway, hugs and love to the boomkin. What idiots...
    This aint retail!!! You don't have a vote kick system, the leader kicks whomever they wants, seems pretty clear in this case the the entitled cry baby healer leader kicked the Moonkin.