Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    All shadowlands leaks were proven false by 8.3. It's made up community smoke. We don't know what we are getting. Both possibilties are still in the air. Dark ranger and Tinker are still the only two choices that have bread crums built up.
    I’m sorry that I have to make it more clear. My overall point is how would tinker fit any expansion be it the shadowlands leak or the dragon isles leak. It really makes no sense UNLESS we have an expansion based around mechawateva. Every single class has been revolved around the expansions theme and how does tinker fit into any of the leaks. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I’m sorry that I have to make it more clear. My overall point is how would tinker fit any expansion be it the shadowlands leak or the dragon isles leak. It really makes no sense UNLESS we have an expansion based around mechawateva. Every single class has been revolved around the expansions theme and how does tinker fit into any of the leaks. It just doesn’t make any sense.
    It doesn't have to, stop trying to overthink, its game where anything can make sense if blizzard wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It doesn't have to, stop trying to overthink, its game where anything can make sense if blizzard wants to.
    Tinkers allowing us with their devices to not get corrupted by the Black Empire or allowing us to change into Shadowlands at will! That makes no sense at all, nah.

We need Necromancers to toss undead against undead in an forever-never-ending Battle and Dark Rangers so their dumb undead minds can get corrupted even easier by the Old Gods!

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah, but there’s a pattern that has been pretty damn strict, a 100% rate of class to theme, since WotLK.

Yeah it’s their game. But I’m definitely not overthinking, you’re just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Why?
    I dont mean why is it not your style but do you only want classes added to the game that are tailored to you personally? Nobody will force you to play it, but will it kill your fun to see other players running around as tinkers?
    I think most players don't like it if a class they aren't interested in gets introduced. Not because it gives others joy or fun, but rather that it means probably around 2 expansions before they might get a class they enjoy.

Same as tinker fans will most likely be disappointed if a class that ain't tinker which they don't enjoy gets added. If classes got added more frequently people wouldn't be as eager to have their class introduced.

I'm cool with tinkers if that's what we get, but unexpectedly the one I've become most interested in seeing is bard.

The only one I'd be disappointed with is dark ranger because it just feels like such an overlap of existing classes AND yet another edgelord class. But I'd probably still give it a whirl unless it looks really, really bad.

I actually got converted to the idea after watching a T&e video, if tinkers copy anthem basically and can build mechs based on their spec, i think that would be pretty cool and unique. Because the 2 major tinker chars we see gallywix and mekkantorque, both have giant mechs they use, and the mechagnomes can build mechs too, makes sense to me now

7+ Year Old Account
    tinkers and necromancer are the 2 most likely class to happen

i would be ok with tinker if it exclusive to goblins and gnomes, cause if fucking DH can be exclusive tinkers can be too

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Why?
    I dont mean why is it not your style but do you only want classes added to the game that are tailored to you personally? Nobody will force you to play it, but will it kill your fun to see other players running around as tinkers?
    It's an aesthetic thing.

Something WoW has honestly struggled with and that gets worse with each expansion.

You want your game to have a unified look and theme. Something that as you play it you recognize the tropes, style and such.

Tinkers to a lot of folks move out a bit too far. There's lots of "high fantasy" reference out there that can make things like the Titans, Draenei and arcane technology and such palatable but Tinkers go hard into steampunk. Which has generally felt like a diversion in the game rather than a main theme. It's something you just kinda deal with and know is there, but the moment you get into robo suits it's suddenly more in your face and no longer that wacky dungeon or island.

It becomes jarring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's an aesthetic thing.

Something WoW has honestly struggled with and that gets worse with each expansion.
    tinker was a thing since warcraft3

and sure its not that who will hurt wow aesthetic with so much worse shit.

steampunk is way less high fantasy than magical crystal spaceships who travel in the speed of light.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's an aesthetic thing.

You want your game to have a unified look and theme. Something that as you play it you recognize the tropes, style and such.

Tinkers to a lot of folks move out a bit too far. There's lots of "high fantasy" reference out there that can make things like the Titans, Draenei and arcane technology and such palatable but Tinkers go hard into steampunk. Which has generally felt like a diversion in the game rather than a main theme. It's something you just kinda deal with and know is there, but the moment you get into robo suits it's suddenly more in your face and no longer that wacky dungeon or island.

It becomes jarring.
    There’s nothing Steampunk about tinkers.

It’s straight up technology/science (some magic) and not steam powered technology.

Wow for years has had advance science/technology in its lore.

For crying out loud gnome, dwarfs, Vrykuls(humans), and others literally came form machines.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

It’s straight up technology/science (some magic) and not steam powered technology.

For crying out loud gnome, dwarfs, Vrykuls(humans), and others literally came form machines.
    How one can complain about steampunk anyway when we already seen Warcraft 3 with Siege Tanks and Tinkers is beyond me.

Thats more Warcraft than your lightforged Spacegoats.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Steampunk: a style of design and fashion that combines historical elements with anachronistic technological features inspired by science fiction.

It's not advanced science at all. It's pseudoscience, like alchemy and pure fiction. All their technology has an element of magic to it, and it's never explained how certain things are actually powered, even if they explain what fuel is being used. You have mechanical squirrel pets and giant space ships and none of it is rooted in 'advanced science', it's literally anachronistic technology inspired by science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Embarassing...You forgot to look up engineering.

Let me put it in terms you can understand.

For example the car in the definition. When you Tinker with your car, have you suddenly become it's original designeer? No, the engineer that designed it was.

How difficult to understand huh?
    embarrassing. you forgot to read literally anything in my post. you know, about how engineers were engineering, and tinkers were doing things with already created items.

let me put it in terms you can understand.

scratch that, you dont bother reading. just go mend some damn utensils, or tinker with a car, in an unskilled manner.

How would mechagnomes be tinkers anyway? Their horribly designed claw hands would prevent them from having the manual dexterity needed to do much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    How would mechagnomes be tinkers anyway? Their horribly designed claw hands would prevent them from having the manual dexterity needed to do much of anything.
    They have the option of three fingers and a thumb so it doesnt matter!

5+ Year Old Account
    Steampunk or Mechazord, any day i would vote for "steam powered technology" just a way i love engineer theme.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

no other class in wow ever was forshadowed in patch prior, and just by this pure fact alone i'm inclide to believe that we won't be seeing tinkers as new class in next xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wont give us Necromancers because they are dating China right now...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    no other class in wow ever was forshadowed in patch prior, and just by this pure fact alone i'm inclide to believe that we won't be seeing tinkers as new class in next xpac
    WoD with Hellfire Citadel and Demons into DH?

Same can be the case for Mechagnomes (and maybe Vulpera) in 8.3 into Tinkers.