Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    You keep saying this but somehow it keeps coming up. Almost like maybe you're wrong.

You are aware that saying something 1,000 times doesn't make it true, right?

Sounds like you're contorting your personal opinions into general hot takes of the WoW player base at large. Don't do that.

Also, if you think the only thing a bard does is perform music, you don't understand what a bard is and should sort that out first before sharing your opinion of what a bard class should be if ever implemented in WoW.
    i am not really saying it but i am trying to say it be more fun if it base it system around it

or it pretty much be like every other bard in other mmorpg and wont stand out as much alot risk to it
    not sure we want bard to be based on other mmorpg aswell
    and bard may be a spec name and the class is combat musician

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If I'm wrong about that, then please explain how a class could take abilities from a profession when it doesn't create items, and the profession does not create abilities.
    This has been explained to you as many times as you've tried to refute it. I'm not wasting my time explaining something to you that you refuse to understand (I don't think you don't understand, you're not an idiot. You just don't want to acknowledge it).

The post one above you is a demonstration of someone showing the ability to admit a mistake. Your repeated refusal to accept anything you say is wrong (over 6ish years now it seems) is in stark contrast. Quite embarrassing for you.

On a serious note, has anyone seen this particular item?

https://www.wowhead.com/item=90146/tinkers-kit#comments

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been explained to you as many times as you've tried to refute it. I'm not wasting my time explaining something to you that you refuse to understand (I don't think you don't understand, you're not an idiot. You just don't want to acknowledge it).

The post one above you is a demonstration of someone showing the ability to admit a mistake. Your repeated refusal to accept anything you say is wrong (over 6ish years now it seems) is in stark contrast. Quite embarrassing for you.
    A simple "I have no idea" would have sufficed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I don't really see a majority here for you, you're lying again or tricking yourself into believing this.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...W-class-in-9-0

It doesn't satisfy the class fantasy in your opinion. Again, a concept missing (or adding) a few particulars does not invalidate its entire purpose as a concept. The fact that Blizzard calls Survival Hunters "Rangers" backs that up.
    And again, we go back to the mechless Tinker. Which wouldn't satisfy your concept of a Tinker. If they add a Tinker with a ranged DPS spec and a Healing spec, but no mech, you wouldn't be satisfied because it's not emulating the class fantasy you see. You see the cutscenes and in game play of characters like Gazlowe and Mekkatorque and think "Wow, I wish I could play that! That's what a Tinker is!"

But if a Hunter is what a Ranger is, and somebody says the very same thing about Nathanos, it doesn't match up.

Why is it okay for these individuals not to be satisfied by the class fantasy as presented, but it wouldn't be okay for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    i am not really saying it but i am trying to say it be more fun if it base it system around it

or it pretty much be like every other bard in other mmorpg and wont stand out as much alot risk to it
    not sure we want bard to be based on other mmorpg aswell
    and bard may be a spec name and the class is combat musician
    I don't really like that idea. Feels way too much like a joke class to me. ETC is about as lore relevant as Haris Pilton and the various pop culture lore-defying references in the game. Using them as a template for a spec I feel would cross a line that hasn't been crossed, nor should it be.

I get the idea of wanting something distinct for WoW if the bard ever comes, but I'd be more interest in seeing a concept grounded in the serious lore of the game than something unique for uniqueness sake. To be fair, simply taking the bard concept from D&D and working into a functional WoW class would make it different in the first place, and I'd much rather see the D&D bard be inspiration than, say, the LOTRO bard.

- - - Updated - - -

A simple "I have no idea" would have sufficed.
    I've literally argued with you about this in a previous Tinker thread, so I damn well know and so do you.

Your response stolen from the mouth of a pompous ass has been read and discarded for the trash response it is.

If I'm wrong about that, then please explain how a class could take abilities from a profession when it doesn't create items, and the profession does not create abilities.
    You really can't see how the addition of a tech class would mean certain tech concepts that could make for a fun addition to the profession would instead go to the class? A concept like 'rocket boots', for example, that could give you a mid-air jump, could very well go to the class instead of the profession.

It doesn't satisfy the class fantasy in your opinion.
    And the engineering profession doesn't satisfy the tinker class fantasy in your opinion too, Teriz. You can't dismiss other people's arguments by saying "it's your opinion" and then do a 180º turn and use your opinion for your class idea as if your opinion matters while everyone else's opinions don't.

A petless Survival Hunter can complete quests, and kill enemies at their level.

Obviously if you want to do raid content, you're going to have to suck it up and bring your pet along.

However, the idea that a Hunter isn't a Ranger simply because in its melee spec it has to have a pet out to do competitive content is utter and complete nonsense.
    Same could be said about Tinker.
    I don't really see a majority here for you, you're lying again or tricking yourself into believing this.
    Okay, children, neither one of you could possibly say that anyone's opinion holds a majority. This is a pain-in-the-ass nerd forum for pain-in-the-ass nerds. Nobody here is even part of the majority.

Now could y'all either stop bitching at each other or take it to PMs? For god's sake, you're going back and forth over and over pointlessly. You both disagree with each other. Everyone knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    And again, we go back to the mechless Tinker. Which wouldn't satisfy your concept of a Tinker. If they add a Tinker with a ranged DPS spec and a Healing spec, but no mech, you wouldn't be satisfied because it's not emulating the class fantasy you see. You see the cutscenes and in game play of characters like Gazlowe and Mekkatorque and think "Wow, I wish I could play that! That's what a Tinker is!"
    Actually I would be quite satisfied since the mech aspect would be available in the tank spec, which makes sense given WC3 and HotS Tinker incarnations.

But if a Hunter is what a Ranger is, and somebody says the very same thing about Nathanos, it doesn't match up.

Why is it okay for these individuals not to be satisfied by the class fantasy as presented, but it wouldn't be okay for you?
    I think it's important to look at why exactly they're not satisfied. If you're not satisfied because you're a melee Hunter with a pet, and you rather go without a pet, or some other minor issue, then obviously the WoW Ranger isn't the version of Ranger for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You really can't see how the addition of a tech class would mean certain tech concepts that could make for a fun addition to the profession would instead go to the class? A concept like 'rocket boots', for example, that could give you a mid-air jump, could very well go to the class instead of the profession.
    Goblins have Rocket Boots for a racial. Engineering wasn't effected.

And the engineering profession doesn't satisfy the tinker class fantasy in your opinion too, Teriz. You can't dismiss other people's arguments by saying "it's your opinion" and then do a 180º turn and use your opinion for your class idea as if your opinion matters while everyone else's opinions don't.
    Actually profession items objectively don't satisfy class fantasies for objective reasons. For starters, you can't take a mech mount into a dungeon, or even indoors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Okay, children, neither one of you could possibly say that anyone's opinion holds a majority. This is a pain-in-the-ass nerd forum for pain-in-the-ass nerds. Nobody here is even part of the majority.

Now could y'all either stop bitching at each other or take it to PMs? For god's sake, you're going back and forth over and over pointlessly. You both disagree with each other. Everyone knows.
    Actually that poll is evidence versus simple opinion.

teriz cant idmit blizzard does mistake from time i said some time ago

steady shot a ability in MM hunter you can use while jumping and moving STEADY how is it steady while you move dont really make sense names blizzard can make mistakes and yes they should rename steady shot to quick shot wich is what it is but wuld be wierd to have rapid fire and quick shot as an ability on Marksman RIFLEMAN

same problem is Trueshot aura TRUESHOT how is a trueshot aura attack speed/haste and not critical damage or critical hit as a buff??? it makes alot more sense
    rapid fire used to be a haste/attack speed buff in the past

and blizzard cant do mistakes to hunter its rather easy to disagree

Actually I would be quite satisfied since the mech aspect would be available in the tank spec, which makes sense given WC3 and HotS Tinker incarnations.
    In this scenario there is no tank spec. Ranged DPS and Healer are it. Two spec class, like the Demon Hunter. No mech at all.

I think it's important to look at why exactly they're not satisfied. If you're not satisfied because you're a melee Hunter with a pet, and you rather go without a pet, or some other minor issue, then obviously the WoW Ranger isn't the version of Ranger for you.
    But the WoW Ranger a la Nathanos or Sylvanas is what they want to play. Major lore characters they see but cannot emulate. And if not having access to dual wielding, going petless in melee, or quickly diving between melee and ranged are minor issues, isn't not having a mech also a minor issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    teriz cant idmit blizzard does mistake from time i said some time ago

steady shot a ability in MM hunter you can use while jumping and moving STEADY how is it steady while you move dont really make sense names blizzard can make mistakes and yes they should rename steady shot to quick shot wich is what it is but wuld be wierd to have rapid fire and quick shot as an ability on Marksman RIFLEMAN

same problem is Trueshot aura TRUESHOT how is a trueshot aura attack speed/haste and not critical damage or critical hit as a buff??? it makes alot more sense
    rapid fire used to be a haste/attack speed buff in the past

and blizzard cant do mistakes to hunter its rather easy to disagree
    Well if the rumors are true and Hunters (along with other classes) are getting "depruned" then all sorts of minor class stuff like dual wielding should be heading back into the Hunter class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    In this scenario there is no tank spec. Ranged DPS and Healer are it. Two spec class, like the Demon Hunter. No mech at all.
    I doubt that scenario would happen, since every WC3-based expansion class that has entered the game has had their ultimate abilities represented properly in WoW.

But the WoW Ranger a la Nathanos or Sylvanas is what they want to play. Major lore characters they see but cannot emulate. And if not having access to dual wielding, going petless in melee, or quickly diving between melee and ranged are minor issues, isn't not having a mech also a minor issue?
    I disagree. If you want to be a ranger, you're typically going to want to be an archer of some kind. MM Hunter gives you the ability to be a petless archer. If you want to be a DWing melee fighter without a pet, I'd seriously recommend the Rogue class.

Well if the rumors are true and Hunters (along with other classes) are getting "depruned" then all sorts of minor class stuff like dual wielding should be heading back into the Hunter class.
    its not rumors ion confirmed becus of the interview i wuld say but you never know these days other company did go back on their words
    but i do hope they read their spells ability abit more and see how some ability comes out wordly to not make sense

10+ Year Old Account
    its not rumors ion confirmed becus of the interview i wuld say but you never know these days other company did go back on their words
    but i do hope they read their spells ability abit more and see how some ability comes out wordly to not make sense
    Well that's good to hear.

Let us hope that Blizzard returns Black Arrow to the Hunter class so the Sylvanas fans will finally relax.

Actually that poll is evidence versus simple opinion.
    It’s six hundred pain-in-the-ass nerds. This game has closer to six million players. Everyone who says they know what “the majority” wants is talking out their ass.

I doubt that scenario would happen, since every WC3-based expansion class that has entered the game has had their ultimate abilities represented properly in WoW.
    Then imagine that the mech is solely a DPS cooldown. Every 3 minutes, a mech teleports in and you can pew pew pew for 15 seconds.

In this scenario, are you satisfied?

I disagree. If you want to be a ranger, you're typically going to want to be an archer of some kind. MM Hunter gives you the ability to be a petless archer. If you want to be a DWing melee fighter without a pet, I'd seriously recommend the Rogue class.
    Typically doesn't matter. I sit down and want to emulate my favourite (ugh) character Nathanos. He's a Ranger. I want to wield a pair of hand axes, pop between melee and ranged weapons, and not have a pet. If Hunter = Ranger, I should be able to emulate an iconic character with the toolkit the class has. I cannot.

Goblins have Rocket Boots for a racial. Engineering wasn't effected.
    "Wasn't it", really? I mean, I don't see a recipe for an item or item augmentation that gives you a jump like the goblin's racial. Is there one?

Actually profession items objectively don't satisfy class fantasies for objective reasons. For starters, you can't take a mech mount into a dungeon, or even indoors.
    You mispelled "subjectively" there. And forgot to add "in my opinion", too. Because riding a skeleton horse is part of the death knight fantasy and I don't see people complaining about not being able to take their mounts into the majority of dungeons, or fighting on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they add the tinker class just to piss people off.