Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    i am not even sure how you have not seen people hating on the race gnome and goblins
    but are divided on tinker but the lesser majority is on the hate on tinker becus they see more races can be tinker
    do your own research
    So Teriz wants Tinkers because there's a slight chance that Gnomes and Goblins will become popular?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    But then why did I get Huntmaster as a title in legion and not Ranger to live my Ranger fantasy, Mages got Archmage.
    It's all synonymous with each other. Yes, Hunters are Rangers, Blizzard said so themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So Teriz wants Tinkers because there's a slight chance that Gnomes and Goblins will become popular?
    not sure that is what he meant....
    we already have alot based around human, orc, night elf, high elf, undead, tauren, pandarian based class and we cant have a class based on gnome and goblin that more races then gnome and goblin can use?
    if size is a reason to hate a race then logic is really flawed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    So you don't have a source and are just trying to claim your opinion as fact. Again. A shock to no one.
    I have polls, the number of topics, and the posts within those topics from multiple forums.

What's your source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I want Tinkers because its the only WC3 concept left that isn't cannibalized by existing classes. Thus we avoid a Demon Hunter situation where we have a shallow class that needed to alter an existing class in order to have enough meat to become a legitimate WoW class.

- - - Updated - - -

That'll never happen, people will probably play them or the short term but long term it#s just an annoying race with a squeaky voice.
    I disagree. People want a different type of class that isn't a rehash of existing classes. They also what a physical ranged and a new healing spec. Tinkers offer that along with a completely open class theme.

In the end, people are going to love fighting inside a mech and using high tech weaponry and gadgets.

To be honest even I wouldnt mind a 4th spec for hunter being a ranger type as long as it was done properly and not half arsed.
    Given that many of the current specs in the game are broken / half-arsed, then it will probably not be very successful for Blizzard to add more specs to the current classes. I don’t have very much confidence in Blizzards spec design.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a magic fantasy game...
    A magic fantasy game with Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes who can build and pilot giant robots, and Demons and Blue goat people that have spaceships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which are not very popular races within the said game.
    Only because there's no class that fits their (Goblin, Gnome, Mechagnome) racial themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A magic fantasy game with Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes who can build and pilot giant robots, and Demons and Blue goat people that have spaceships.
    Gnomes and Mechagnomes have no relevance for the actual main plot though. I mean, in 15 years of World of Warcraft, the only impactful thing gnomes ever did was to destroy the Zandalari fleet. And even here, this strange little monkey man nearly failed, Jaina probably would have had an easier time and caused more destruction by simply summoning a Blizzard.

Not to forget that a Tinker class would be underpowered as fuck and not viable for any content if they stick to the Lore. I mean, the Gnomes were completely defeated by troggs, enemies Dwarves slaughter randomly for the lolz. And they didn't managed to reclaim their capital to this day. Against Troggs. Like, the Trolls actually fought against a real opponent, a powerful witch doctor who created Zombies and needed the intervention of Bwonsamdi himself to be defeated. And the Gnomes lose against...Troggs...

Not to forget the one time were a single SI:7 unit nearly destroyed the entirety of all playable Horde Goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Only because there's no class that fits their (Goblin, Gnome, Mechagnome) racial themes.
    People don't give a fuck about racial themes. Stop being so delusional. I mean, what is wrong with you? Are you so insecure about being into babys with the heads of gandpras that you have to tell yourself that gnomes are secretly more popular than Orcs, Elves and Humans? Really? That's pathetic.

Look at Pandaren. They have a class tailored to their racial identity. And guess what, a majority of Monks are not Pandaren. So the only way to make people play Gnome Tinkers would be to force them into it. And why should they do it? They know Gnomes aren't really popular. It would only hurt the success of their new class. Why would they do this? If Blizzard doesn't forces people to play gnome or goblin to be a Tinker, guess what races most Tinkers will be? Humans and Elves.

Blizz was able to restrict Demon Hunters, because they were restricted to Elves and Elves are an insanely popular race, so it didn't hurt the new class in the slightest. But restricting the Tinkers to Gnomes and Goblins? This would be as stupid as a Gnome/Goblin expansion, which is an idea equally bright to the idea of putting your hand into a garbage disposal and then pressing the button. And then doing the same with your other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Gnomes and Mechagnomes have no relevance for the actual main plot though. I mean, in 15 years of World of Warcraft, the only impactful thing gnomes ever did was to destroy the Zandalari fleet. And even here, this strange little monkey man nearly failed, Jaina probably would have had an easier time and caused more destruction by simply summoning a Blizzard.

Not to forget that a Tinker class would be underpowered as fuck and not viable for any content if they stick to the Lore. I mean, the Gnomes were completely defeated by troggs, enemies Dwarves slaughter randomly for the lolz. And they didn't managed to reclaim their capital to this day. Against Troggs. Like, the Trolls actually fought against a real opponent, a powerful witch doctor who created Zombies and needed the intervention of Bwonsamdi himself to be defeated. And the Gnomes lose against...Troggs...

Not to forget the one time were a single SI:7 unit nearly destroyed the entirety of all playable Horde Goblins.
    and we won vs a planet size creature not sure where you are going with this we can find alot problem with all other races

People would probably play them to see what they're like but Gnomes and Goblins arnt really appealing no matter the class, armour is just shit looking on them and they voices get VERY irritating after a while so yeah no say whatever but they'll never be popular races no matter how much you try and push it.
    Not to forget that Gnomes look like toddlers with the heads of old man. I mean, somebody has to be weird on a level bordering on creepy to think this is appealing

10+ Year Old Account
    People would probably play them to see what they're like but Gnomes and Goblins arnt really appealing no matter the class, armour is just shit looking on them and they voices get VERY irritating after a while so yeah no say whatever but they'll never be popular races no matter how much you try and push it.
    That's entirely your personal opinion. There's plenty of people who feel differently.

For example, I'm sure if we conducted a poll between some elf-based classes like Dark Rangers and Spellbreakers versus Tinkers, the Tinker would win hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    and we won vs a planet size creature not sure where you are going with this we can find alot problem with all other races
    When? So far, the Gnomes have not won a single battle. Their only contribution to the alliance in 15 years of development was to destroy a single fleet, which Jaina or the Void Elves probably could have done without lame slapstick and nearly fucking everything up due to being unable to press a button.

Which would also be my argument against Gnome Tinkers. They don't seem to be exactly bright, I mean, their Leader was already extremely challenged with pressing a button.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what you're talking about. It's like you're just ranting for the sake of ranting.

I have polls, the number of topics, and the posts within those topics from multiple forums.

What's your source?
    To remind you: I am commenting in regards to your claim that gnomes and goblins are not popular because they don't "identify" with a class. Try to keep up with your own bullshit and don't get lazy.

Now that we're back on the same page - you made the claim, you have the burden of proof to back it up

And since you dodged the rest of my post, I'll ask again:
    Here's the thing I don't get about you, Teriz. WTF do you even want?

Legit serious question - what is the point of your relentless Tinker crusade?

10+ Year Old Account
    To remind you: I am commenting in regards to your claim that gnomes and goblins are not popular because they don't "identify" with a class. Try to keep up with your own bullshit and don't get lazy.

Now that we're back on the same page - you made the claim, you have the burden of proof to back it up
    Again, Tinker is a gnome and goblin concept and its extremely popular. Indicating that people don't have an issue with those races in of themselves.

And since you dodged the rest of my post, I'll ask again:
    I didn't dodge them, I just have no desire to answer them.

That's entirely your personal opinion. There's plenty of people who feel differently.

For example, I'm sure if we conducted a poll between some elf-based classes like Dark Rangers and Spellbreakers versus Tinkers, the Tinker would win hands down.
    In terms of expectations what would come. And the numbers proof otherwise. The numbers proof, that nobody outside of a bunch of weird man who think babys with old man heads are cool or babys with breasts are sexy. I mean, people click tinker because we hear tinker as an idea for years now, so they click it because they heard often about it. The possibility of Dark Rangers is rather new, because Undead Night Elves or Void Elves who could represent this class on alliance side is only here since BFA. The problem before was always, it seemed like a purely undead and undead blood elf class. Necromancer wasn't talked about for quite some time either, but now with a death themed expansion coming the possibility seems more likely. Its not an indication of popularity and it speaks volumes that you have to frame the question as what people expect instead of what people want to protect your delusion that you are not the one weirdo who is in some shape or another into babys with the faces of grandpas.

You don't have any arguments for Tinker on the other hand. Classes are always related to expansions and the next expansion will be death themed. And there will be never a goblin/gnome themed expansion.

i do want to say saying gnome is a mistake with size etc etc is to pretty much talk say that if you are born little person in real life that you are a mistake...
    its just absurd bad excuses

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have any arguments for Tinker on the other hand. Classes are always related to expansions and the next expansion will be death themed. And there will be never a goblin/gnome themed expansion.
    You have no idea what the next expansion is going to be about.

I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what you're talking about. It's like you're just ranting for the sake of ranting.
    The point is, the Lore doesn't leave much room for Tinker as a competitive class. Gnomes and Goblins are the weakest races and basically failed against the weakest form of trash mob or a single secret intelligence unit. Like, the Goblins would have been fucked by a single unit of the SI:7 without Thrall helping them out.

Then there is the point, even if Tinkers become a thing, nobody would play them. I mean, for quite some time, Gnomes had an incredibly OP Caster Racial, giving them +5% Intelligence. This is insane and becomes better and better. And yet, it didn't made people play a Gnome.

Again, Tinker is a gnome and goblin concept and its extremely popular. Indicating that people don't have an issue with those races in of themselves.
    Indicates more that they want tinkers than to play gnomes and goblins... If it's locked to gnomes and goblins, I will play gnomes or goblins because it's the only choice I have to play tinker, not because I like them as races.
    If other races get tinkers I will play those races instead.

You keep doing reaching connections. A question that say "do you want tinkers" only answers if they want tinkers, it doesn't mean "I want to play gnomes or goblins but there isn't a class for them".

it could be, but it doesn't indicate it.