Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It doesn't change that fact. But there is a degree to everything.

Reducing the single-target burst is still a good choice because Affliction should not have a lot of single-target burst. So it is a small step in the right direction.
    A spec primarily designed around being a single target burst spec should not have a lot of single target burst?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Then you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to locks.

It's a mess that they have patch notes flat out saying "we want to tune back how strong dots are", and then proceeds to nerf a single target spell because "well under certain situations it did a lot of burst" (ie- CRF+DSM+Darkglare).

If they care about it doing too much damage straight up, make it do damage over time.

If they care about the other talents not being picked, fix the one that's a DPS loss instead.

The logic is just not there on the change. Nor is it reasonable to say "it's a good idea" when there's literally nothing to back that statement except it seems like a "YEAH SUCK IT LOCKS".
    By concept and design, Affliction should not have a lot of single-target burst. Therefore I (and Blizzard) think that a change which reduce single-target burst is a good change. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    A spec primarily designed around being a single target burst spec should not have a lot of single target burst?
    Affliction should not be designed around single target burst. This change reduce the single target burst. I (and Blizzard) think it's a good change.

By concept and design, Affliction should not have a lot of single-target burst. Therefore I (and Blizzard) think that a change which reduce single-target burst is a good change. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Affliction should not be designed around single target burst. This change reduce the single target burst. I (and Blizzard) think it's a good change.
    The spec is designed to be a single target burst spec in BFA, that is what the spec is, that is what the spec is designed for. Nerfing death bolt does not change this fact.

Nerfing death bolt does not change the objective reality that affliction is a single target burst spec.

Nerfing single-target burst for Affliction is a step in the right direction. By concept a dot-spec should not have a lot of single-target burst.
    it would be ok, if they would have buffed drain soul for example, so you have another choice wirhout NEGATIVE DPS. Again, the crying is not about the position of Affs in the logs, its about the nonesensical way of nerfing the only talent in that row that is viable, without buffing another to at least be a dps gain over taking NO Talent at all in that row! If Affs do the same dmg as before, no1 would really cry, its the style of the specc that pisses of most Affliction players.

The spec is designed to be a single target burst spec in BFA, that is what the spec is, that is what the spec is designed for. Nerfing death bolt does not change this fact.

Nerfing death bolt does not change the objective reality that affliction is a single target burst spec.
    it seems like he disagrees with you on your premise. perhaps provide your thoughts on what makes it such a strong "single target burst spec" that it doesnt even need death bolt to be considered as such.

The should not be designed around single target burst. Nerfing death bolt is a small step away from the single target burst. The change makes it a little bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveletters View Post
    it seems like he disagrees with you on your premise. perhaps provide your thoughts on what makes it such a strong "single target burst spec" that it doesnt even need death bolt to be considered as such.
    I explained in detail why it's a single target spec. He doesn't comprehend it and I doubt this guy has even done anything other than LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no point of discussing this I guess with you then.

It's a nonsensical nerf that implies affliction is built to do things other than single target damage, when the core of the class is single target damage

Mind you, deathbolt on average hits for roughly ~70k I believe is the consensus when used on cd. That really isn't that much "burst", and that's what they're nerfing more than the 3 minute deathbolt.

The should not be designed around single target burst. Nerfing death bolt is a small step away from the single target burst.
    I honestly hope you are trolling. How are you not comprehending what is being said to you?

You can say "should not be" all you want. It is, the spec, in BFA, is designed as a single target spec, death bolt or no death bolt. Nerfing death bolt does not move it away from single target, it doesn't make it do more damage multi target, the spec, with or without the nerf, is a single target burst spec. That is how it is designed in BFA.

I explained in detail why it's a single target spec. He doesn't comprehend it and I doubt this guy has even done anything other than LFR.
    I'm not disputing that Affliction is a single target spec. I'm saying what Affliction SHOULD be. And the death bolt change comply with what Affliction SHOULD be.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly hope you are trolling. How are you not comprehending what is being said to you?

You can say "should not be" all you want. It is, the spec, in BFA, is designed as a single target spec, death bolt or no death bolt. Nerfing death bolt does not move it away from single target, it doesn't make it do more damage multi target, the spec, with or without the nerf, is a single target burst spec. That is how it is designed in BFA.
    It should not be designed in that way. And Blizzard realize that. So they try to move Affliction away from single target burst. It's a small step.. but a step nevertheless.

I'm not disputing that Affliction is a single target spec. I'm saying what Affliction SHOULD be. And the death bolt change comply with what Affliction SHOULD be.

- - - Updated - - -

It should not be designed in that way. And Blizzard realize that. So they try to move Affliction away from single target burst. It's a small step.. but a step nevertheless.
    I honestly don't know how I can word this to make you comprehend why you're completely clueless.

A) It doesn't matter what the spec should be. We're in the present, the now. As of right now, the only thing the spec is designed for is single target burst.

B) Nerfing that single target burst does not move affliction in the other direction. The spec remains a single target burst spec. Are you following this? It's not a step in any direction. Nerfing death bolt does not make affliction more of a dot spec, ok? Do you comprehend this?

All nerfing death bolt does is make a single target burst spec do less single target burst. It doesn't move the spec in any direction. The design of affliction is not changed by nerfing death bolt. Are you following this?

I honestly don't know how I can word this to make you comprehend why you're completely clueless.

A) It doesn't matter what the spec should be. We're in the present, the now. As of right now, the only thing the spec is designed for is single target burst.

B) Nerfing that single target burst does not move affliction in the other direction. The spec remains a single target burst spec. Are you following this? It's not a step in any direction. Nerfing death bolt does not make affliction more of a dot spec, ok? Do you comprehend this?

All nerfing death bolt does is make a single target burst spec do less single target burst. It doesn't move the spec in any direction.
    It reduces the DEGREE of how much of a single target spec Affliction is.

What matters is the fact that Blizzard don't want Affliction to be a single target burst spec. So therefore they reduce the single target burst a little bit because they can't make large class changes right now. The changes Blizzard make are based on what they think the spec SHOULD be. It makes total sense. Affliction is still a single target spec but the burst has been reduced which comply with what Blizzard want.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-14 at 08:32 AM.

The should not be designed around single target burst. Nerfing death bolt is a small step away from the single target burst. The change makes it a little bit better.
    Yeah that it should be a multidott specc, on that we can agree, and if they want to change that I would like it.

But nerfing DB (one of the things that stand for single target strengh) WITHOUT switching the dmg from it to other sources like the DOTS, its just a stupid unnecessary nerf to a middle of the pack specc. Like others say here, the style of Affliction is NOT gonna change from single target burst window specc to a mutlidott specc if you nerf DB. The only result you get from that, is that a single target specc changes to a BAD singletarget specc.

So why they didnt buff dots/multidott in the same moment they nerfed DB? Lazy? Too much work? please...they just dont know where to go it seems like.

It reduces the DEGREE of how much of a single target spec Affliction is.

What matter is the fact that Blizzard don't want Affliction to be a single target burst spec. So therefore they reduce the single target burst a little bit because they can't make large class changes right now. It makes total sense. Affliction is still a single target spec but in a SMALLER DEGREE.
    Again, how are you not comprehending this? No, it doesn't reduce the degree of the spec being a single target burst spec. The spec is 100% a single target burst spec both before and after the nerf.

Nothing changes, the spec is only a single target spec, with or without death bolt.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but it is designed this way. If Blizzard wants to move away from affliction being a single target spec they will do it in the next expansion most probably. Nerfing death bolt really doesn't make much sense. The only reason I can think of for the nerf is that they want to lower the spec's output and nothing more. The notes' reasoning is simply wrong. And this is coming from an ex-warlock player, I don't even main aff this xpac...

Again, how are you not comprehending this? No, it doesn't reduce the degree of the spec being a single target burst spec. The spec is 100% a single target burst spec both before and after the nerf.

Nothing changes, the spec is only a single target spec, with or without death bolt.
    OK let’s make this very simple for now. Blizzard want Affliction to have less single target burst so they nerf the single target burst. It is very simple.

OK let’s make this very simple for now. Blizzard want Affliction to have less single target burst so they nerf the single target burst. It is very simple.
    Why should a spec designed around single target burst, a spec that is at best middle of the pack, have their single target burst lowered?

Why should a spec designed around single target burst, a spec that is at best middle of the pack, have their single target burst lowered?
    Because Blizzard don’t think a dot spec should have good single target burst and I agree with them.

Because Blizzard don’t think a dot spec should have good single target burst and I agree with them.
    Affliction is designed as a single target burst spec in BFA. So what you are really saying is "blizzard thinks a single target burst spec shouldn't have good single target burst."

I don't care if you agree with them, I doubt you've ever stepped foot outside of LFR and I doubt you have any understanding of how class balance works or even a basic understanding of warlock as a whole.

Your opinions on the subject aren't relevant.

Affliction is designed as a single target burst spec in BFA. So what you are really saying is "blizzard thinks a single target burst spec shouldn't have good single target burst."

I don't care if you agree with them, I doubt you've ever stepped foot outside of LFR and I doubt you have any understanding of how class balance works or even a basic understanding of warlock as a whole.

Your opinions on the subject aren't relevant.
    That's not really what he's saying though. Dot spec != single target burst spec. And that doesn't mean that a dot spec can't be a single target spec, it just means that Blizzard feels that aff can have too much burst in some situations. That doesn't actually mean that it's not a single target spec, it means that they don't want it to be a spec with significant burst. They might buff other stuff eventually.