Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Arrowverse 2019 *Spoilers*

This past Sunday was the premiere of Arrowverse 2019! Unfortunately, I missed the season premieres of Supergirl and Batwoman because I was watching WWE's Hell in a Cell and it completely slipped my mind. FORTUNATELY, there was an encore of the Batwoman premiere tonight after the season premiere of The Flash, so good Tuesday as The Flash and Batwoman are probably now my two favorite characters in the Arrowverse.

The Flash: Season 6 - Into The void Good stuff, the final sequence to the score of Queen's 'Flash" was awesome. Glimpse into what may perhaps be the main villain this season, and some good character development for Killer Frost. Barry and Iris are still feeling Nora's death, and major set up for December 12th's Crisis on Infinite Earth which is foreshadowing The Flash's death. The Monitor either believes it's an inevitability or is testing Barry. Since they did a shit job at developing Wally West into a dependable replacement (he turned out to be a whiny sidekick instead and we haven't seen him since, thankfully), I don't see Barry dying. Definitely see Oliver taking his place for obvious reasons as I doubt this is the final season, and even if it was, it wouldn't be as short as Arrow's so The Flash won't be ending with Crisis. Next week's episode seems promising as Barry is supposed to travel to the future, specifically the day after he supposedly disappears, so you know shit will go wrong and he won't succeed in his mission, keeping The Crisis crossover must-see this December. It's all leading towards it focus and The Flash has taken over Arrow's place at the cockpit!

Batwoman Season Premiere *Encore*: Even though I love all things Bat Family, I went into this with mild expectations, not high, not low, and my expectations were exceeded. I actually care about Kate Kane and her conflicts, wants and needs. It's told seamlessly along with the story which features a wonderful villain, Alice, who, major twist here, is apparently Kate's long-believed dead sister. The premiere sets up so many interesting plot points to explore throughout the season while world building a Batman-less Gotham that it's already got me looking forward to this Sunday's episode. Hoping Batwoman writers dipped into Batman's wonderful rogues gallery for some surprise villains this season. Batman is gone, so surely, his nemesis at Arkham and Blackgate must have taken advantage of his absence? There appears to be no signs of any mobs or organized crimes, but it's still early to tell.

What did you think of The Flash season 6 premiere and Batwoman? Did you see Supergirl's season premiere? Thoughts? Discuss, DCU fans!

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me this ain't the shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just too much drama for the sake of drama for me to enjoy them anymore... If someone bothered to re-cut the episodes and cut out all the unnecessary drama i'd probably watch but I cba the way they are now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    If someone bothered to re-cut the episodes and cut out all the unnecessary drama i'd probably watch but I cba the way they are now
    They tried that, but the whole season was only 10 mins long...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Batwoman is a garbage tier show. The whole Arrowverse has been a bad drama for years now, it's a CW staple.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these superheroes TV shows feel so crap compared to the movies. I feel all of them have budgets so low that even if the writing is good, the FX team cant make it look good enough to make it a good TV show.

Regarding TV I would rather watch some drama/crime/comedy where if the writing is good, the show is good.

Its just my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Arrowverse stop being good at Arrow S4/Flash S2. The shows became way too much about drama/relationships and less about... well actually superhero stuff.

Hell one of my favourite shows is Smallville and while I thought that had too much drama at times, Arrowverse completely overshadows even that.

Batwoman episode 1 was hilarious.

Congratulations to Beth for being strong enough to throw a fucking butterfly knife hard enough to embed it into a stone pillar but stupid enough to not recover it despite having ample time to do so with Kate having jumped off the building to save Sophie. If it were any other butterfly knife I wouldn't give it a second thought but no, this is her treasured keepsake with the gemstone she and her sister had on matching necklaces on that fateful day so long ago... and the plot needed Kate to get it so she could make that connection later.

Remember when characters in Detective Comics had to do actual detective work?

And then there's Kate's big rescue. Kind of odd how the grapple line fired at the first guy seems to come from behind him and flings him forward before it has managed to completely wrap itself around him. And it's fucking amazing how frequently Kate just stands there waiting for Beth to do stuff. Beth starts talking, flips out a non-precious keepsake butterfly knife, starts quip about math and the barrel, throws the knife at the barrel, makes a quip about it becoming lighter in order to drop Sophie, and THEN Kate tackles her. And after the tackle she just crouches there waiting for Beth to hit her with a block of wood, gets knocked to the ground by it, but she does manage to block the next knife Beth produces. Then in the ONLY DISPLAY OF FIGHTING APTITUDE IN THIS ENTIRE FIGHT Kate works her leg up to pin Beth under her and then... releases her... so she can punch her? And after punching her she gets pushed aside by an elbow allowing Beth to get up, grab her and slam her into a nearby cinderblock...

Is Beth superhuman? I didn't see anything to suggest it in this episode, and she isn't in the comics. And yet she seems to be able to brush Kate aside with a simple elbow. Kate was on top of her, she had leverage... Who is the choreographer for this shit show? IS there a choreographer for this shit show?

I feel invested in Arrow...that's it. And after that dies...I don't think I can watch the other shows. (The take on "Crisis on Infinite Earths" was painful to see)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Unfortunately, I missed the season premieres of Supergirl and Batwoman because I was watching WWE's Hell in a Cell and it completely slipped my mind.
    Oof. I am sorry. That was a bad, bad show.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Oof. I am sorry. That was a bad, bad show.
    Definitely a bad ending. The rest was all right and the opening Hell in a Cell killed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a bad ending. The rest was all right and the opening Hell in a Cell killed it.
    The opening match and Asuka breaking out the green mist were the highlights for sure. The rest was just different levels of average and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I feel invested in Arrow...that's it. And after that dies...I don't think I can watch the other shows. (The take on "Crisis on Infinite Earths" was painful to see)
    are you a time traveler?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The opening match and Asuka breaking out the green mist were the highlights for sure. The rest was just different levels of average and pointless.
    Agreed, in fact, I don't remember any of the other matches beyond the opening and closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    When is Crisis on Infinite Earths? All I care about.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    When is Crisis on Infinite Earths? All I care about.
    December 12, Into The Void, The Flash's Season 6 premiere already foreshadowed it.

I'm a season behind with arrow, the jail stuff was just so boring to me and I couldn't care less about his son in the future stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm a season behind with arrow, the jail stuff was just so boring to me and I couldn't care less about his son in the future stuff.
    Yeah, that was a boring story. The last story that had me hooked was Damien Darkh. Prometheus to me deviated too much from the source material.

Yeah, that was a boring story. The last story that had me hooked was Damien Darkh. Prometheus to me deviated too much from the source material.
    Is it worth powering through for the new season? I don't want to be confused when the crossover event happens this year. It hasn't been too bad with me not watching any supergirl episodes aside from the crossover ones but Arrow usually plays a larger role in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is it worth powering through for the new season? I don't want to be confused when the crossover event happens this year. It hasn't been too bad with me not watching any supergirl episodes aside from the crossover ones but Arrow usually plays a larger role in them.
    Depends, do you mean the lastest season which wrapped up this past spring, or the new one premiering next week? I have no idea about the one premiering next week, it's supposed to be just 8 episodes long so I'd watch it as it's going to lead up to Crisis on Infinite Earths, but the most recent season you can skip, it wasn't worth sitting through most of it. It had an emotional ending, but most of it revolved around giving an ending to Felicity Smoak's character, which I never liked much to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly fell behind on both Arrow and Flash. They were just too repetitive. Legends of Tomorrow has constantly been awesome though. Well, after the lackluster first season that is.