Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Uldum, Valley of the eternal blossoms... What about Ulduar?

That's something I've been wondering since patch 8.3 was announced. Why N'zoth doesn't attack Ulduar? It's still a Titan facility.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    That's something I've been wondering since patch 8.3 was announced. Why N'zoth doesn't attack Ulduar? It's still a Titan facility.
    I don't think he isn't. It's just not relevant to our actions right now. Vale and Uldum are the parts we're dealing with, so that's what we're shown.

Maybe because the Keepers are active there and he'd attack it later, when he gained a foothold in the other facilities.
    Or maybe because there's the miasmic remnants of Yogg Saron there and they'd be somewhat of a hindrance to him.
    Or both

It could be happening in the background and we as "heroes" are just not there yet.

Or how about "attacking the Vale of Eternal Blossoms for Mogu'shen Vaults"?

Last I checked, Mogu'shen Vaults was quite a bit more north.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or how about "attacking the Vale of Eternal Blossoms for Mogu'shen Vaults"?

Last I checked, Mogu'shen Vaults was quite a bit more north.
    Yea, they corrected it in the transcript, clarifying that Ion misspoke in the video

It's one that's kind of defunct now. Ulduar was used to contain Yoggie, so I guess it depends on their use. The titan facilites in Uldum and Vale are different in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yea, they corrected it in the transcript, clarifying that Ion misspoke in the video
    Oh, neat, I must have missed that coz I was trying to keep an eye out on that hah.

well, Uldum has the forge of reorigination and Vale has .. something ?

what does Ulduar actually have besides Yoggs corpse ?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think it matters what you find in those places. In Uldum there is a titan construction to wipe out the whole planet if I remember correctly. That's a better strategic target than Ulduar. It is a simple question of focussing the forces to ensure success instead spreading wide to all possible targets at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

The thingy that spits out cursed troops.... Forge of Wills.

I'd guess it's too ugly and outdated to have us repeating end game content daily in it.
    That, or Yogg's remainders still control the area or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    they prob don't want reuse northrend, not yet, saving for wrtlk 2.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

The Forge of Wills.

Which is just as important as the Forge of Origination.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think hes defending himself. The forge of origination is mentioned multiple times to be the key to kill n'zoth and the engine of nalak'sha, which is in mogu'shan vaults is mentioned to be used to provide power to the forge of origination.
    Ulduar contains the forge of wills, which could print new iron(titan?)forged, but N'zoth probably doesn't care much about them. The old gods have proven to be superior to them in the past and as far as we know the forge was never cleansed from the curse of flesh, so it wouldn't be as efficient anyway.
    If i could chose to destroy the thing that can kill me with the push of a button or a machine that produces an army i can easily beat, my prioritys would be clear.

They could have written the ulduar forge as power source for the uldum one, but i guess they wanted friendly mogu in game and wanted to give the titan facilities in pandaria some lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for Uldaz or Uldorus... But oh well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

YES. WE SHALL USE THE HAMMER OF DAWN UPON THE LOCU- OLD GOD. Lmao
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I was hoping for Uldaz or Uldorus... But oh well
    Perhaps there will be some quest content. Wait, why am I having hope for WoW... Blizzard likely forgot them is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, the Forge of Origination is an actual danger to N'zoth. The Forge of Wills is not, at least nowhere near as much. Heck the reason they are attacking Pandaria is probably because MOTHER is diverting power from the Engine of Nalak'sha to power the Forge of Origination.

I would not at all be surprised if the way we end up killing N'zoth is by turning the Forge up on him. It would actually make sense if what we do in the raid is weaken him and keep him busy until the Forge can target him
    I wasn't aware the Forge of Origination could target things necessarily. I thought it just starts re-origination in Uldum and slowly works itself over the entire planet. The impetus to destroy it from his perspective is to stop them from removing his foothold in this reality.

Then he'd also want to control the Forge of Wills to produce an endless army of squidmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's technical reasons, maybe they did not want to spread themselves too thin and decided on these 2 locations.

You can conjure whatever lore pretext there you want really.