Poll: N'zoths fate?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    we trap him in the blade, then sylvanas bursts through the roof and goes "heh... just as planned" and steals it.

The question is why is Azshara plotting against N'zoth. Was that revealed already?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The question is why is Azshara plotting against N'zoth. Was that revealed already?
    she fell in love with the player character

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    G'uh damn it, I walked into a spoiler trap.

I really wish people would stop posting like everyone reads the datamined stuff and spoils things for themselves.

I guess this is where I exit this thread before I get more shit spoiled
    ....So you entered a thread titled "The fate of N'zoth" assuming you wouldn't get spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    He is seen again. You can go find him standing around in Nazjatar talking about how he has to go meet with someone to deliver the dagger.
    That's prior to him leaving, dork.

Because she's Azshara and from the very start her endgame was being the one in control, not serving N'zoth.

I mean, it's Azshara, do you think, she accepts anyone ordering her around?

From what we read in the datamine she got from somewhere that he was always the weakest of the Old Gods and she doesn't want to serve some weakling. My own take on this is, that Xal'atath told her this when she was in the hands of the Naga after the Sundering (which Xal'atath told you in Legion, she says it took very long to get away from the Naga after the Sundering) and Azshara has been plotting since then.
    This is what she says in the raid:
    "Release me! Only I possess the means of defeating N'Zoth!
    Mind your tone, whelpling. A queen keeps her promises. Listen closely, as I will only say this once.
    For all his bluster, N'Zoth was ever the weakest of his kin. One vestige of their power yet remains that can be turned against him.
    I would have driven this blade into his foul heart myself... had you not disrupted my plans.
    No matter. Xal'atath is yours, mortals. Strike true. Should your first blow fail, you will not survive to attempt another."

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because she's Azshara and from the very start her endgame was being the one in control, not serving N'zoth.
    And that took her more than 10.000 years and in the end she still somehow fails and has to rely on us? Uhm... yeah.

By the way I am happy she plays a bigger role in the end.

@formerShandalay Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-10-09 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Possible, but Ny'alotha is not on Azeroth itself so aiming the Forge at him seems unfeasible at this time. Unless the final fight involves forcing or somehow goading N'zoth into crossing to Azeroth and immediately blasting the hell out of him.

Imagine he shows up in a peaceful place like Moonglade and the entire area gets nuked right after. Poor druids won't know what hit them.
    Exactly. Think Freddy vs. Jason, not sure if you watched. Freddy lived and got all his power in the nightmare, so the teenagers had to grab him while in the nightmare, wake up, pulling him along into the real world to kill him. I'd fully expect Blizzard to do something like this, pending they watched Freddy vs. Jason. lol It could so be part of the phases of the fight.

Phase 1: Fight N'zoth in Ny'alotha.
    Phase 2: Pull N'zoth through to Azeroth.
    Phase 3: NPC hits him with re-origination blast that nukes (Silithus?) Hero and Lust, MOAR DOTZ!

Loot his pants.

And that took her more than 10.000 years and in the end she still somehow fails and has to rely on us? Uhm... yeah.
    She spent 10,000 years delaying releasing him while she basically ruled the entire ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    We lost in Legion, on multiple levels.

First, Argus straight up killed us. But the ghosts of the dead titans reversed time to bring us back. People don't like alternate timelines, but we entered yet another alternate timeline during the last tier in Legion.

Second, we killed Argus and imprisoned Sargeras, but not until he stabbed Azeroth as we all know. She could still die from that wound, but she seems to be doing alright in BFA.

Third, preventing the death of Azeroth is supposed to doom the entire universe according to basically all the lore. Because she's going to get corrupted now and bring the void to us.

I believe you're right though, we will die and go to the Shadowlands. They can even do a "spirit world" thing where we're still on Azeroth like a giant corpse run back so they can "redo" all the zones without replacing them. Can force us to relevel to escape.
    I disagree on that third point. Azeroth may be our only hope against the void. It always wants to consume us and from the titans meeting with sargeras it sounds like azeroth, as the most powerful titan, may be the only being in the entire universe that stands a chance when (and it is a when) the void gods show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if stabbing his "true form" with Knaifu will result in powering him up somehow, maybe that'll be the reveal of Xal and N'zoth's deal being fully completed. Trick Azshara and the Players into gathering artifacts, get our eyes opened and deliver the dagger to it's right moment to stab N'zoth just as planned.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Exactly. Think Freddy vs. Jason, not sure if you watched. Freddy lived and got all his power in the nightmare, so the teenagers had to grab him while in the nightmare, wake up, pulling him along into the real world to kill him. I'd fully expect Blizzard to do something like this, pending they watched Freddy vs. Jason. lol It could so be part of the phases of the fight.

Phase 1: Fight N'zoth in Ny'alotha.
    Phase 2: Pull N'zoth through to Azeroth.
    Phase 3: NPC hits him with re-origination blast that nukes (Silithus?) Hero and Lust, MOAR DOTZ!

Loot his pants.
    The dungeon journal of the second fight we have with him does indicate that the final phase involves N'zoth projecting his mind into reality in a final assault on Azeroth herself. So maybe that is what happens, we try to trap him with the blade, it fails, we end up just nuking the piss out of him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    She spent 10,000 years delaying releasing him while she basically ruled the entire ocean.
    Well, it's not like she actually had the means to do it, either.

Though i don't remember her ever being described as particularly smart or cunning.

I'm pretty sure we'll capture him in the blade and Sylvanas will poof and just steal the blade from us. Then she tries to open a portal to the Shadowlands which horribly fails and she's damaging the veil between Life (Azeroth) and Death (Shadowlands). All around Azeroth rifts open where the world is torn apart and creatures from the Shadowlands invade Azeroth in the pre-patch (Assaults and Horrific Visions share the same mechanics as the stuff we'll get in the pre-patch and 9.0) . 9.0 will have us venture into Shadowlands to repair the damage Sylvanas has done.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-10-09 at 09:07 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it all sounds pretty bland and anticlimatic to be honest. all that after they spent so much effort building it up.....just blizzard things I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing that has me worried about Wrathion is that he is helping us in the Carapace fight in phases 1 and 2 then in phase 3

And he is not around for the last fight. Maybe he goes out like Calen, dying to save us.
    He probably just runs out of energy, or stops to hold back some other threat while we fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    And the first expansion introduces plasma?
    That is a heroic class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... we already know that we defeat him, thanks to this:

But it also implies, that we defeat him and not destroy him

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If we do kill him I really hope he does one final "fuck you" and basically corrupts the world or some shit. Time for us to lose one.
    you mean like a year ago when sargeras ass fucked the planet, causing it to begin bleeding out and leading to the release of n'zoth?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Sylvanas kills him.
    Seriously?

How weak are these old gods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.