Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One thing. They are the least lore friendly class possible. In WoW there is very little bards whose music has special properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How would Bards work in terms of music in dungeons for example? Would all group members be forced to listen to the music from the Bard while doing the dungeon or would it only be the Bard itself that could hear the music?
    Good question. I feel bard could be a torture if there was one viable rotation.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-10-10 at 05:20 AM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bard should be the next profession.

Makes more sense within warcraft.

I would like them way more than the way more plausible Tinkers or Necromancers, and I would love if they had a ranged DPS spec, a melee spec, and the third one introduced a new role, Support. If course the game (at least raids and M dungeons) should be rebalanced around that, and more classes should get a Support spec, adding a 4th one or changing one of the existing specs. Classes that I think would fit, are Warriors (shouts and banners), Mages (alter time and magic in general), Shamans (totems), Paladins (blessings), and Priests (prayers and miracles). Won't happen, but one can dream.

Bards are gay. Nothing agains gays, I just think a Bard class gives off vibes of something effeminate and uncool, when resources could be spent on something that is actually badass and interesting.

Do we really want another Monk class when we could dark ranger or necromancer?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope....just, nope!! Same with Tinkers. There just isn't any room for any of these quirky class proposals, especially considering the changes that are needed to class design, both mechanically, and in terms of QoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Bards are gay. Nothing agains gays, I just think a Bard class gives off vibes of something effeminate and uncool, when resources could be spent on something that is actually badass and interesting.

Do we really want another Monk class when we could dark ranger or necromancer?!
    You have plenty edgy "cool" dark themed classes to play.. there is plenty room to add a "quirky" fun class
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

sorry for the large pics

Are bards ever referenced as a class in warcraft lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Are bards ever referenced as a class in warcraft lore?
    They exist but not as a unified group, and only one(?) is specifically called a bard. They are in roughly the same place as monks pre-MoP, which only really existed in the form of scarlet "Monk" mobs, and WC3 Chen.

Damn, an Allods Online pic *makes a wish*

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How would Bards work in terms of music in dungeons for example? Would all group members be forced to listen to the music from the Bard while doing the dungeon or would it only be the Bard itself that could hear the music?
    Could be dealt with with an opt-out option to mute Bards other than you

(they've done something like that in Warframe when releasing Octavia)

Is the first bard, the group E.T.C?
    IT'S IN THE LORE!!

The only room that bard could fit in without being a total rip-off of other classes is filling a role that no longer exists in the current version of the game, that of support.

Most players these days can't tolerate playing a class that is not a "champion/commander/hero/snow flake" and can't top every meter out there.

It's sad that such a huge niche was erased from the game due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They exist but not as a unified group, and only one(?) is specifically called a bard. They are in roughly the same place as monks pre-MoP, which only really existed in the form of scarlet "Monk" mobs, and WC3 Chen.
    There is a bard? who is that?

Reason why I'm confused as to people wanting bards is not because you aren't allowed to want it. I just can't for the life of me even think of a reference to it. Monks and Pandas had references back in wc3 due to the brewmaster neutral hero.

I know that ETC from hots could be considered a bard, sorta. But he's a tribute character to a tribute band. Musicians exist in wow, but nothing that really ties into having their own form of combat proficiency or being utilised beyond singing in taverns afaik.

Do even Bards have any lore base in WoW?

5+ Year Old Account
    Bard is not enough intresting class to some by himself
    If bard would join the necromancer for example (NO TINKER, EVERYTHING WITHOUT TINKER) should join too for people. Monk is good but compared to DH or DK is just a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    There is a bard? who is that?
    The Wildhammer Dwarf from Twilight Highlands.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Russell_Brower_(NPC)

Wedding Hymn - Plays a wedding hymn that restores the mana and health of nearby allies.
    Chilling Song - Launches magical missiles at an enemy, inflicting Frost damage each second for 10 sec.
    Dark Song - Launches magical missiles at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage each second for 10 sec.
    Peaceful Song - Launches magical missiles at an enemy, inflicting Spellstorm damage each second for 10 sec.

Reason why I'm confused as to people wanting bards is not because you aren't allowed to want it. I just can't for the life of me even think of a reference to it. Monks and Pandas had references back in wc3 due to the brewmaster neutral hero.

I know that ETC from hots could be considered a bard, sorta. But he's a tribute character to a tribute band. Musicians exist in wow, but nothing that really ties into having their own form of combat proficiency or being utilised beyond singing in taverns afaik.
    The WC3 bard equivalent would be Kodo Beast/Rider, who's main feature is a war drums aura.

But yes, there's also ETC. There's also Hearthsinger Forresten, who is a mix of bard and archer. Imperial Vizier Zor'lok (Heart of Fear) is very bard, just using his voice/singing instead of an instrument. Likewise Chi-ji fights by singing.

Always wanted to play as a bard with a flute

I would be satisfied to some degree with instruments introduced

MapleStory 2 has a system where you can compose music on instrument of choice, its acctually really good

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    Nope....just, nope!! Same with Tinkers. There just isn't any room for any of these quirky class proposals, especially considering the changes that are needed to class design, both mechanically, and in terms of QoL.
    Slightly off topic : how are tinkers quirky and not a stable of the franchise?

Since Warcraft 2 gnomish and goblin technology has been used for war. This aspect of the franchise is less featured in current classes then other less established aspects?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That's a pretty big difference though. Chen and the Brewmaster hero was a unified concept that Blizzard could wrap the Monk class around.

Nothing like that exists for a WoW Bard concept..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Bards need to be the next class added.

There could be a healing spec based on using nature magic and the melodic flow of music to revitalize allies, and the other two specs would be ranged damage (leather/mail weathers?) with decent mobility and off heals.
    no. /10char