Thread: Argus IS death

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Argus IS death

Hello everyone!

I made a thread about a week ago, where there was some argument about Argus. I created this thread to share my viewpoint and for you all to discuss yours with me! Hopefully, this does not drown with all the threads about 8.3!

And lets keep it kind and civil here, we are all having fun discussing what we think! No need to be rude

Anyway, here is what I think

Argus is the titan/lord of death. Why do I think that? Well first off, in the files he is labeled as "Death Titan" and he has lines such as "Death! Death and pain!"
    He uses a scythe, which is generally related to death through the grim reaper. His dungeon journal text says he is "Here to bring about the end of all things" hence dying. He also has an ability called "The end of all things" where he one shots the raid.

Also, I think there is a connection in one way shape or form to Argus and Nzoth. The biggest thing that makes me think that is DEATHwing. We all know Nzoth powered Deathwing up. Deathwing calls himself the "UNMAKER of worlds" (Seem familiar?) and wanted to bring about the hour of twilight, where everything dies. (Something like that lol) Not sure about this one though

And of course, just be nice to each other! No need to be rude, we are just sharing our thoughts!

Alot of this stuff comes from Pyromancer, my favorite WoW content creator with great theory's. I can never explain this stuff as well as him and do him justice, so please check out his YT https://www.youtube.com/user/OldxNite I made this thread to share his theories, because i strongly believe in them.

Great guy and youtuber. He has a discord server and a twitch & patreon also!

Also have to give some credit to people on his discord im theorizing with while writing in this thread
    Last edited by Sneaksies; 2019-10-10 at 08:56 PM.

Well, Sylvanas is going to fall into N'Zoths plan when she captures him in the empty blade and brings his soul to the Shadowlands not realizing what she has done.

As we know most of the future problems in the WoW universe we the players help create.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus is dead*
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So... we already beat Death?

He was the titan of death, not death itself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Argus is dead*
    how can death die...

Argus is in the shadowlands recovering im pretty sure.
    yeast

The entity known as "Death" appears to be very cunning, shrewd, and manipulative. Argus never showed any of those three qualities. He was literally just a traumatized brainwashed titan fetus. It is true that he is the Titan of Death and in general is related to that theme, but I just don't see him even having the IQ to order the things that "Death" ordered.

In fact, did Argus even have a mind on his own? Throughout the fight he just screamed for freedom, if I am not mistaken. I don't see him being the entity commanding Sylvanas.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    I think agrus became a “death” Titan because of the corruption/torture of Sargeras.

If Argus was allowed to be born naturally I believe he would have become a Titan of life with great powers of resurrection and good or holy soul magic.

Of course this is all speculation.

Argus is literally the avatar of a planet used to fuel the burning Legion--who's sole purpose is to stop the void lords by any means necessary.

To say that Argus--who is now literally dead--is involved (or was ever involved) as a tool of the void lords is pushing it. Just because Deathwing was referred to a couple times as "the unmaker of worlds", doesn't mean that that title really relates to Argus.

It's interesting, but I simply don't see a connection in any shape or form. If that story ever had potential, that potential died when Argus did. As far as Argus being an avatar of death, that's possible I guess. I'd look at him as more of an avatar of destruction or suffering.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I think agrus became a “death” Titan because of the corruption/torture of Sargeras.

If Argus was allowed to be born naturally I believe he would have become a Titan of life with great powers of resurrection and good or holy soul magic.

I think that titan of life your talking about is eonar. could be possible though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    The entity known as "Death" appears to be very cunning, shrewd, and manipulative. Argus never showed any of those three qualities. He was literally just a traumatized brainwashed titan fetus. It is true that he is the Titan of Death and in general is related to that theme, but I just don't see him even having the IQ to order the things that "Death" ordered.

In fact, did Argus even have a mind on his own? Throughout the fight he just screamed for freedom, if I am not mistaken. I don't see him being the entity commanding Sylvanas.
    We saw him for one fight...
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

It's a good way to put it. Most likely Argus would have had literally the opposite polarity of power had he been left alone. Given the draenei's affinity, an avatar of light-based powers seems totally feasible compared to his mastery of shadow or death-based magic IMHO. But I may be overstating this, too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    I think that titan of life your talking about is eonar. could be possible though.
    I know eonar is a Titan of life there could be more than one.
    I guess a better way to put it is Argus ,if born naturally, could have a became a Titan of souls.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    It's a good way to put it. Most likely Argus would have had literally the opposite polarity of power had he been left alone. Given the draenei's affinity, an avatar of light-based powers seems totally feasible compared to his mastery of shadow or death-based magic IMHO. But I may be overstating this, too.
    I disagree because Aman'Thul says "Time answers to ME Unmaker! The one force that can bind your relentless fury!" Aman'thul has had to stop or battle with Argus before. Dare I say it, I think it honestly might of been the titans, NOT Sargeras that was torturing him... unlikely, but not impossible
    yeast

I think that titan of life your talking about is eonar. could be possible though

- - - Updated - - -

We saw him for one fight...
    And? That fight estabilishes his personality very clearly, with him being portrayed as a broken titan who seeks freedom from that torment -- qualities that very clearly would not apply to the hungering darkness who seeks to devour everything.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    And? That fight estabilishes his personality very clearly, with him being portrayed as a broken titan who seeks freedom from that torment -- qualities that very clearly would not apply to the hungering darkness who seeks to devour everything.
    just because he is being tortured does not mean he cant be death. anyway since we defeated him, he is in his own realm the shadowlands so hes fine now. or atleast better than when he was being tortured
    yeast

I disagree because Aman'Thul says "Time answers to ME Unmaker! The one force that can bind your relentless fury!" Aman'thul has had to stop or battle with Argus before. Dare I say it, I think it honestly might of been the titans, NOT Sargeras that was torturing him... unlikely, but not impossible
    I don't think this is remotely possible, because the Pantheon was killed by Sargeras before Argus became, well, Argus. Even as he is, Argus is just a world soul and not yet a full titan. In fact, he may have never actually been able to be a real titan... it might have been that he was always just going to be a demon factory for the Burning Legion.

how can death die...

Argus is in the shadowlands recovering im pretty sure.
    The Shadowlands, like the Emerald Dream, are part of Azeroth.

So if there's anything left of Argus, which I doubt, he'd be in a hypothetical universal realm of the dead, which we haven't ever seen or heard of, and which might not even be connected to the Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I don't think this is remotely possible, because the Pantheon was killed by Sargeras before Argus became, well, Argus. Even as he is, Argus is just a world soul and not yet a full titan. In fact, he may have never actually been able to be a real titan... it might have been that he was always just going to be a demon factory for the Burning Legion.
    chronicle never mentions argus either though, so i dont believe some alot of chronicle. sargeras did not kill the titans either
    yeast

chronicle never mentions argus either though, so i dont believe some alot of chronicle. sargeras did not kill the titans either
    Pretty sure they are dead. Like, dead dead. He killed them with felstorms, which they are weak to, and then bound their spirits to the Legion. Their spirits still held tremendous power, after all. The titans were never going to come back as Titans, but they could still be made into very powerful avatars as we saw with his former Lt. (sorry, fuzzy with names today) in Antorus.

I mean in this sense, Argus's spirit could technically exist with some sort of potential danger to us, but he is no longer a threat as a Titan. I don't think we'll ever see or hear from him ever again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good grief.