Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    No one should be using a gaming tournament as a political platform, that's not what people are there for, especially if it's against the rules. But that doesn't change the fact how Blizzard handled it and their asskissing of the CCP was bad. There are so many other ways they could've handled it and no one would have batted an eye. The reality is people in general are becoming more aware and getting bothered by a lot of Chinese related bullshit, especially when it begins to affect politics and the way people live, and they attempt to push influence, and Blizzard picked a bad time to pick the wrong side.
    So what's the actual goal of this protest then? Spread awareness? Blizzcon isn't shown on any major news outlet, most of the people it would reach (via gaming websites etc) are already aware of what's happening.

This protest opposes a company that is quite frankly irrelevant to China, there's no real impact to made here.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    man you must be one of the dense ones huh? They literally interview players asking personal questions, political questions and frequently joke around about both. but the moment its about a literaly travesty, something straight out of a fucking Dystopian movie, then we better hush hush. at some point integrity as a company, a game, an e-sport and as people has to beat the lust for money from these sick individuals. and excusing the behavior with some pretty poor rationalization isn't helping anyone involved, including yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    hopefully they slam the first fool to do it hard so that the trend dies quickly. play politics on your own time.
    agreed, in all honesty they should straight up ban everyone who has talked about off-topic shit from all Riot events, and obviously that means a perma ban from the game, and all previous prize pools acquired relinquished. so that would be... literally every player, even Faker who eats, breaths, and sleeps, league? cool idea man.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, we know what's going to be happening soon.

i can't wait to see it play out.
    It will be interesting, if the roasting of Blizzard is anything to go by.. Thing is that Tencent own Riot games so what they say goes..

I wonder how long it is before we'll see the same people here crying about how gaming tournaments and events aren't places for politics talking about how "uhm ackchually games were always political," in defense of some upcoming game that tries to cram some insanely specific and western political view down the throat of its players.

Drones are honestly a special type of organism. Kind of useless, though.

It's 2019 give me a break from that hot garbage. If you want to ''speak up'' against anything at all in this world, never before has a single voice had such volume or power as it does today on social media and the internet. There is zero need to hijack somebody else's tournament or gaming event to further push your personal agenda, regardless of what it may be. Do that shit on your own platform.

And if you really gave a shit you would actually do something instead of virtue signaling on a gaming forum so save it lol.
    Imagine thinking ur shitty fucking gaming tournament of a game with absolutely ZERO Competitive integrity has ANY importance what so fucking ever in comparison to the subject that the players of whom you are watching wishes to talk about, because of how significant the events in HK are. are you sick in the head or something?

Imagine thinking someone is Hijacking an event when they get interviewed and wish to speak about the subject of HK. you delusional freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I guarantee 90% of this thread will assume Riot is shilling for Tencent when they're really just trying to stop more retarded politics from unnecessarily entering another field.
    Um... Riot is 100% owned by Tencent now, so...uh...yeah. Riot is gonna take that shill dial and crank it to 11.

Also, if this was purely a Chinese deal, then plenty could say so what and have an argument (I think it'd be a bad one, but it would be one).

The problem is that an American or Euro player playing a game in an American or Euro tournament in a game from an American company could be purely censored based on what CHINA is offended by. And that's complete bullshit.

Also, I've been to China and Hong Kong, so I'm not just some American who's never traveled outside the country and/or has no idea about the issue in question.

Gamers are known already to be somewhat homophobic with their slurs and insensitive insults constantly, I don't think it's really a good look to try and prove your point by further trying to demonize the gay community..

Maybe be able to understand that two completely different things are treated...differently?

And even if you refuse to see that, the companies themselves did those marketing strategies and plans and events, as was within their rights. You didn't see blizzard going over to riot's studio spamming for gay rights did you? You don't see me hacking your Twitter account spamming "Free HK" do you?

Why is it so hard to understand that hijacking somebody else's platform and event for your own agenda is not okay.
    I honestly cant believe you are not a shill with how contradictory your post is.

1. The post you quoted did not demonize the LGBT-community whatsoever. It did not say a single thing about it.

2. They are not different things. Both are political statements. That is what we in the real world call a comparison. While the political statements have different subject matters, that only goes to prove the posts point, that Blizzard does not have rules against political statements, it has a rule against the "wrong" opinions. If the opposite was true, the punishment for any player mentioning pro-pride messages would have been identical to Blitzchungs punishment.

3. The post you quote literally show people hijacking a platform for their own political agenda. By your own standards, that is not okay.

You are just full of contradictions and total hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Milfshaked; 2019-10-13 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    tens of millions are in uproar to bash a company that they want to see burning, no one actualy gives a fuck that people are being beaten to death in China. And in 1 week no one will talk about it.

Did you hear about the protest going on in Iraq since few days ?? Dozens of dead and the government shut down their internet.
    Did you hear about the protest going on in Ekwador since few days ?? Buildings are burning and the army is allowed to use force. And people are protesting because government subsidies stopped being paid for gasoline so they will have to pay more than the current $0.49 per litre of gasoline by few cents.

But in Iraq and Ekwador there is no gaming company to bash so people don't give a shit about those protests and people dying on the streets. People are a bunch of Hypocrites, nothing new.
    Mate, thje shit in Iraq is sickening as well, but theres quite a few differences between the two other than the connection to a company. and the Iraq protests are way more complicated than the HK situation is, and it took a month before people realized and understood the HK situation. then theres also the question of coverage, people aren't hypocrites for not having heard about a terrible event, what are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    I honestly cant believe you are not a shill with how contradictory your post is.

1. The post you quoted did not demonize the LGBT-community whatsoever. It did not say a single thing about it.

2. They are not different things. Both are political statements. That is what we in the real world call a comparison. While the political statements have different subject matters, that only goes to prove the posts point, that Blizzard does not have rules against political statements, it has a rule against the "wrong" opinions. If the opposite was true, the punishment for any player mentioning pro-pride messages would have been identical to Blitzchungs punishment.

3. The post you quote literally show people hijacking a platform for their own political agenda. By your own standards, that is not okay.

You are just full of contradictions and total hypocrisy.
    Don't drive him too hard into a corner.

I'm gonna ignore your conjecture and focus on this bit here. You honestly think that some limp-neck nerds holding signs or yelling lines at an esports event is going to cause Hina to fundamentally change their governing style?

If you say yes, then I wish I shared in your naivety.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't that their entire point once upon a time?
    If saying something was utterly pointless and had zero effect, then there would be no need for a ban. No one, least of all the Chinese gov't would care in the slightest.

Oh, wait. So many people were actually deleting their Blizz data (as opposed to just turning off their accounts) that Blizz actually had to stop people from deleting their accounts using some really henky and craptastic tactics. And no, I can't say that five times fast...

Does one Hearthstone player saying one thing about Hong Kong change the situation? Nope. Not directly or immediately. But if enough companies find that they can't do business in China because of the backlash, then China will have to return to their MO in the 70s and 80s where they were desperately accommodating as opposed to know when they dictate via disappointment.

Considering how much random religion and drama is injected into gaming, politics...specifically politics of the moment isn't nearly as pervasive.

I do hear you about wanting a pure gaming experience insofar as I use WoW for pain management as a disabled vet. So I get that.

But if you think one person saying something can't change anything, well...it already did.

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    says the guy with Impeach the MF as his tag? lol. irony at it's best

It's 2019 give me a break from that hot garbage. If you want to ''speak up'' against anything at all in this world, never before has a single voice had such volume or power as it does today on social media and the internet. There is zero need to hijack somebody else's tournament or gaming event to further push your personal agenda, regardless of what it may be. Do that shit on your own platform.

And if you really gave a shit you would actually do something instead of virtue signaling on a gaming forum so save it lol.
    would you feel the same if say, a struggling NFL QB started to kneel behind the guise of "social injustice and police brutality"? If you have ever stood with colin kaep, then by definition, you have to stand with Blitzchung as well

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    says the guy with Impeach the MF as his tag? lol. irony at it's best
    You don't get it. He just wants to avoid all that pesky talk about human rights. He comes here to escape from all that political bullshit.. and cry about the big bad Drumpfv instead.

You realize the events in Hong Kong predate this dumbass tournament right? I bet you had no idea what was even happening until this week just like most of the 'woke' outrage mob slinging mud at Blizzard, yet not the other 100+ companies doing much worse than Blizzard ever thought of doing. /shrug
    Part of WHAT makes the outrage so bad against blizz is this happened to 3-4 major USA companies in a week and got lampooned on south park, which THEN also got banned.

The NBA, Apple, South park, Blizzard... have all been asked to bend the knee to china OVER USA values this week... guess which 1 of the 4 is the only one with any tegridy and stood up?

A lot of these guys in HS are Chinese and have big fan bases and are friends. Admittedly the main one I know is Amaz, but I know there are many more and if they wanted to get together and group up for awareness for Hong Kong with their own HS tourney what's wrong with that? And they'd make a lot of money doing it, which could go to the cause or charity they wish for or their own pockets whichever they wanted.

Get some news coverage on it and Bam. Viral.

And that's with only 2min of me sitting here brain storming
    If they are contracted with Blizz, it's unlikely that they could stage their own tourney. Moreover, as professional players, even for charity, it's likely Blizz could injunct on the basis of IP infringement.

So, no, it is unlikely in the extreme that they could put together their own tourney.

And considering how much bootlicking Bobby Kotick et al are doing right now, I don't see that changing any time soon.

Explain how that is irony please? Did I enter some event I was unaware of? Has MMO-C ever told me that my sig was not within the guidelines of their site? No. I am completely within my rights and rules here on this website.

The only irony here is your half-baked attempt at a point.
    you can't tell anyone to drop politics on a game site, or from a game platform when you are rocking that tag. It's completely ironic and makes you look like a fool TBH.

if you wanna be political, by all means have at it, but you can't say "no one get political except me and my beliefs".

IF you really feel that strongly about keeping games and politics apart; you'd remove that tag right now as an example as this is a GAME site is it not?

Explain how that is irony please? Did I enter some event I was unaware of? Has MMO-C ever told me that my sig was not within the guidelines of their site? No. I am completely within my rights and rules here on this website.

You just don't really seem to want to escape politics much when you bring yours to a video game forum.
    Exactly. In a world where politics is literally everywhere and barely escapable, I find it quite nice to be able to "turn off" my head and relax with some esports or actual spots event or what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    If they are contracted with Blizz, it's unlikely that they could stage their own tourney. Moreover, as professional players, even for charity, it's likely Blizz could injunct on the basis of IP infringement.

So, no, it is unlikely in the extreme that they could put together their own tourney.

And considering how much bootlicking Bobby Kotick et al are doing right now, I don't see that changing any time soon.
    the best part to me is that a lot of the people who are pro china in this debate were the same ones that sided with Colin Kaep when he kneeled. Another delicious irony

Again...companies have been asked to bend the knee to China for. years.

This is nothing new. At all.
    yes but they have overstepped their boundaries lately and are trying to force american companies to give up american values at home and abroad for the sake of chinese gold.

it's nothing new BUT forcing corporations to tow the company line of an evil government is.

these same companies have no problem when it's anti-trump or anti-america, but speak out against their red friends and your dead

It's infuriating how simple some of you are. Different platforms allow for different things. Do you see me going to Blizzcon screaming free HK? Do you see me at worlds 2019 trying to disrupt the show with my propaganda? My sweet lord that I have to actually explain such elementary things...
    The only simple one is you. Human rights are too political for you, but you're happy to take your shitty signature to a forum which is prevalently centered around games discussion.