Thread: Classic+

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Classic+

I am curious if Classic+ would have happen,
    Let's just say it is up to the player to stay in Classic or go Classic+

What does Classic+ mean for you?

Class Changes?
    Remade Expansion Content to be more inline with Classic?
    Finished the orignal unfinsihed things? Examples, Mount hyial and Azshara bg.
    New Races?
    Balance changes?
    etc.

How would you like it being done?

Probably venturing into TBC, with character migration to it, leaving Classic as Classic Vanilla. I honestly would jump to the TBC version if it got introduced, superior to Vanilla in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post

Class Changes?
    New Races?
    Balance changes?
    etc.

How about sticking to existing forums about it and then realizing that asking for Classic+ proves “you think you do, but you don’t.”

Are Classic+ threads new "can we have vanilla servers" that will pop up weekly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I don’t want Classic plus. I want TBC servers.

They should at least balance the classes, give more power to some of the crappy dps specs, make pala and druid tanks more viable ... give a ress to the druid (wtf) and let the people who want use the new models, I mean really, the druid forms look like utter garbage.

Some qol changes.
    Lower respec gold cap ceiling.
    Increase debuff limit slot on bosses so stupid keeping that shit in classic since the only reason for it back in the days was engine limit.
    Make retri, dps shamans, dps druids viable.
    Add more good items to the game.
    Increase xp from mobs and quest its fun now lvling again for the first time since vanilla but won't be fun when you lvl 2nd or 3rd time.
    Last edited by Jabakaga; 2019-10-14 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Typo

all of this is what tbc was

class balance check
    blood elves and draenai check
    hyjal was a t6 raid, check.

do I think they will create a whole new expansion to replace tbc, no I don't think they will do that, why, because to them it already exists, tbc. TBC is classic+

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Some QoL changes which won't disturb Classic atmosphere. No summon stones, for example, but LFG tool would make sense.
    2. Get all content from TBC. For example there are many old world quests added in TBC which finished some quest lines.
    3. Balance changes.

Those things are relatively easy to add in the game, as they don't require development of new content.

As to new content, well, why not, but it should be integrated into game well enough.

Though, obviously, it won't happen. For example most of suggestions in this thread are terrible for me and I wouldn't play in that Classic+. And I could imagine that everyone have its own vision and won't accept others.

well good luck with that, I'm going to bet everything on that they have no one making content for classic because of the whole #nochanges thing. having dev teams work on classic balancing and content. what a waste of time that would be when no one wanted it.

I think there comes a point in a games dev cycle where you can't just patch your game any more and you need to go expansion, essentially you're hoping that blizzard is working on some sort of alternate expansion that wasn't tbc. I wouldn't hold my breath. there are numerous problems with not having a soft reset with a level cap increase, scaling problems for one. pvp balance goes out the window with t3, so t6 at level 60 would be just stupidly unbalanced at that point. pve encounters can't get much more complex because you still only have 2 aoe heals in the game.

all you could expect is 3 tiers of gear with over powered setbonuses to the point of retardedness. where the difference between the bottom and top end is absurd. there is a very massively important reason as to why you can't keep scaling the top end and that a soft reset is important. if we just scaled linearly from t3, lvl 60 t6 would probably be several times more over powered than what the real t6 ended up being AFTER balancing.

if the content followed the same pattern for another 3 tiers that means 3-4 more 40 man raids and 2-3 more 20 man raids. I just don't see them doing it. there was a reason why it scaled down to 25 and 10 for tbc. they didn't wanna make 40s anymore. or they didn't wanna try to balance them with how powerful ppl were getting. all you can really do at that point is create encounters that forces raid splits so you essentially have 2x 20 mans, or 4x 10 mans to create that artificial difficulty and to overtly nerf the power of a clustered super geared team of 40. either that or you have entire raids full of bullshit requirement bosses like 4hm, whole raids requiring 8 tanks, or 12 druids or some other crazy combo just to make it difficult.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-10-14 at 01:55 PM.

Every single one of these threads really does just cement the old adage of "you think you do, but you don't". You would think that Classic could stand completely on its own without people finding any flaws going by how many players declared it the perfect MMO.

If you want Classic+, play BfA, it has balanced classed, several highly requested zones, including Outland, Northrend, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, Zandalar and many more. We get to see highly requested villains like Illidan, fight against Arthas and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post

Class Changes?
    New Races?
    Balance changes?
    etc.

nice wishes but please stop with all this foolery. Aint gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    nice wishes but please stop with all this foolery. Aint gonna happen
    I mean, technically it already happened. BfA has all those things except maybe the Azshara BG.

Classic + would be a groundbreaking "workshop" mode, where you can play around with which zones, cites, npc, talents, classes, whatever you want, within the limit of crashing the game. You can create a unique realm, maybe max 3 at any time pr account, which will be run on as much resources as is required based on how many players are playing there. You can browse realms, and visit those you're interested in for as long as you want, and as long as they exist.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, technically it already happened. BfA has all those things except maybe the Azshara BG.
    you must be pretty blind following your idea of bfa = classic+

though you try to ignore the fact that the main idea of classic+ is to keep philosophy and gameplay of classic wow with some fixes of mistakes that were made during the development of wow like itemisation, class kit e.t.c.

anyway you will try to argue with me repeating your mindless "that it's exactly what bfa is" so I don't even know why I bother answering to you

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    all of this is what tbc was

class balance check
    blood elves and draenai check
    hyjal was a t6 raid, check.

do I think they will create a whole new expansion to replace tbc, no I don't think they will do that, why, because to them it already exists, tbc. TBC is classic+
    Yup, TBC is basically the improved classic. But some people are fucked up in the head. They want a TBC that's not TBC but with the stuff from TBC.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Yup, TBC is basically the improved classic. But some people are fucked up in the head. They want a TBC that's not TBC but with the stuff from TBC.
    I know there are ppl who don't like flying, I thought at the time that flying was awesome and one of the main selling points, it seems trivial now, but having content you could only get to with a flying mount, it felt like the world still had things to find after max level so in a lot of ways I didn't mind it for one, because I play on PvE, and two, having other means of exploration was new at the time, there was no content in classic that you could only get to if you could fly up or over to it. again it seems trivial now, but at the time it was amazing. there weren't many places where it was required doing dailies mostly, or tempest keep. ultimately it just made traversing the shattered outland easier.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be cool to see a lot of stuff that was originally planned or hinted in Classic but never made it. Hyjal, Grim Batol, Azshara Crater, and so on.

But admittedly, I'd much rather have BC and would be more excited about it than anything related to Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    all i want is.... barber and transmog.
    or at the very least... a "hide shoulders" option. like with head/back.

if you ask me... my changes would be this:

New "anouncement board" feature.
    Where in all major cities there would be a board, where players would have to walk up to, and post a maximum of one single add.
    The add would remain until they leave the city or log out.
    Players who are looking for crafters or groups could walk up to the board, look at the ads, and whisper the author to arange whatever it is they want.
    (tl;dr trade spam, but with less spam and more rpg)

Barber Shops.

Transmog.
    Yeah, sorry that you cant be a coward in pvp and avoid well geared players. lol
    If you've earned a piece of gear that you love, you will be able to "wear" it.
    I would however, tie it to a consumable, a rare consumable that drops in a contested 60elite area.

And since there are so few items now, a dyeing system.
    And consumable dyes made from herbalism-fishing-alchemy.

Optional new graphics.
    Not so much for the models, but mostly for the textures.
    Our screens are no longer 17 inches.....

More race-class combinations.
    Certainly ones that were scrapped at the last moment, like...
    human hunter, dwarf mage, dwarf lock, troll lock, orc mage.
    Maybe troll druid

I would also spread the "priest racials" among the races of the same faction.

Also balance racials.
    nerf hardiness.
    maybe something new for humans.
    buff trolls.

As for the classes...
    make protadin a viable tank.
    add some bear-tank items and talents.
    give oomkins some mana regen.
    give shamans the totem-dropping-mechanic/UI that was added in Cata.

as for professions... i would make all those engi trinkets,helmets, belts, etc... usable from your bag as regular items.

i would certainly fix all the terrain exploits in WSG.

and instant mail from your alts. hallelujah.

a couple brand new BGs. with different goals/mechanics.

30man raids. just because lol.

As for races...
    i could see Goblins... and maybe Furbolgs.
    able to join either side at level 10.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-10-14 at 01:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess it's about how they implement it, Hyjal in CoT and Hyjal as a zone aint the same thing. I dunno how they wanted to make Hyjal zone as a raid zone in classic (you can see a portal in that deepwhisper gorge), I guess they wanted us to get rid of demons who still roamed across the world tree, maybe not, maybe that portal meant to be a retrospective of WC3 events (like they used in CoT), but w/e. Partly you are right.

As for me Classic+ is something they wanted to make but never had time/ideas or just scrapped stuff in the middle of nowhere. Grim Batol as a raid? Yes! Azshara Crater? Yees! Timbermaw Hold in Azshara as instance with crazy furbolgs? yyyes! And such stuff. There are alotta space, stuff, we could see in-game they decided to postpone, but I remember they said something like "We didnt expect WoW would be so popular, we wanted to have it 1 000 000 of subs, but then..." I guess when they saw the numbers of subs they changed their mind and started to rush expansions to make more cash, I might be mistaken but who knows

But well, I just keep asking myself a question, was it a big plan to retcon the illidan's story, add Hyjal is CoT instance, etc-etc (alotta stuff that happened, like let Illgynoth speak bout stuff that happen like in 9.0/10.0 thats a really far-away plan aint it?). Or they just do it like "Ok, lets make Grim batol raid! LETZ GOOO. Oh wait, lets scrap it to 5man instance; Oh, Abbysal Maw is cool, lets make it real! Oh wait, this is so shitty lets get rid of it"...

Classic
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon