Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question What is FUN for you?

We've been endlessly complaining that the game is not fun, but not many have been giving ideas of what would make the game fun besides the general must have's in any game, i.e fun classes, class rotations/gameplay/interesting content/story lines...etc

For me it's these two grinds:

1- Introduce Story Mode for all raids, soloable with AI, and a non-gear reward based progression system giving some kind of a currency or some kind of a benthic like gear that we have been getting while doing only solo activities anyways. That way everyone gets to see the content and actually enjoy it. That plus going back to one difficulty raiding.

2- Introduce multi-class-multi-toon playability at the same time controlled by one player. Basically multi-boxing by design, but using one account, and a maximum 2 alts controlled by AI which are controlled by the player's active third toon. That way, anyone can always have 1 tank, 1 dps and 1 healer while questing or doing solo content...etc and also, that way, WoW would have every feature people have been saying WoW does not and cannot have that FFXIV has. This would beat even that since it's more interesting than playing one toon + NPC AI like in FFXIV. I know this is already possible in WoW and has already been successfully implemented on private servers.

I am not asking your opinions of the above two ideas, but for your own ideas. What would be a fun grind for you? I mean MMORPGs are nothing but a grind, so let's at least make them fun grinds!
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-10-15 at 11:44 AM.

Pretty sure you've started multiple threads asking and saying the same things.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n-idea-for-9-0

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-as-classic-is

So basically, you want to be able to solo everything?

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Pretty sure you've started multiple threads asking and saying the same things.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n-idea-for-9-0

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-as-classic-is

So basically, you want to be able to solo everything?
    Who cares about what I want. You obviously don't. I wanna hear what you want.

And by the way, I am already soloing everything. I can solo normal mode dungeons which is enough to see the content. I solo quests, all of them, including world quests. I am also soloing all previous raids. I also play solo when I do world pvp. What else...you see, everything I do is already solo. Even when I join LFR raids, it feels like I'm soloing them. Oh and when I do islands and warfronts too, I solo mobs on my own.

I solo all bosses in Mechagon on my unkillable DH.

When I spend hours on the AH, I do so solo. Also, crafting and gathering takes hours to level up, that's also 100% solo. So what's your point anyway?

What is left? higher difficulty of the above? Not interested.

- - - Updated - - -

So, nobody has any issues with solo friendly systems? How about 1-5 flex like the repainted 8.3 Org/SW "Mage Tower equivalent"?
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-10-15 at 12:18 PM.

going beyond what is normally capable, my first mythic garrosh kill on my human warlock "Malikath-stormrage US" was the stuff of legends.
    dominion, my guild during MoP, had been on garry for almost a month with almost 300 attempts, so one time i decided to finally use my 'light of elune' which had been sitting in my bank for 5 years to survive the enrage damage pulse intended to wipe the raid, i summoned my voidlord to tank garry while i DPSed him and re-summoned him to reset the CD on his 3 stack 30% (90% total) defensive CD and taunt, until the last 3mil of garry's HP where i cast two CBs, sacced my demon to boost their damage before they hit since unlike stat-based damage increases global damage multipliers apply ATT rather then ATC, and then shadowburned the last of his health to get him down before he did the first post-enrage damage pulse which would of one-shot me no matter what mitigation i put up.

the guild leader(and MT who my demon was out-performing by surviving an enraged raid boss) was yelling at me to Ra'sha's the entire minute that i was soloing the most powerful(numbers wise) boss in the game, literally too big for the game with how his health had to be reset to avoid exceeding the 2.5trillion integer cap for the 16bit WoW engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order of priority:

1. I want my classes to feel fun and compelling to play. Legion nailed this. BfA... not so much.

2. An interesting story. I didn't give two shits about Faction War 4: Tentacle Remix.

3. Gameplay systems that don't feel like a chore. Legion did a pretty good job with this. M+ was fun and I could grind through dungeons endlessly without getting bored.

That's about it. But at the end of the day it all comes back to point number one. If my class feels like shit, it doesn't matter how good the story or systems are.

F is for friends who do stuff together
    U is for you and me
    N is for anywhere and anytime at all
    Down here in the deep blue sea

On topic ...

Nowadays I play WoW mostly as a story driven RPG. Back in Classic, BC, Wrath and Cataclysm it was about character progression and being involved in content that most people will only experience through YouTube videos.

That's also probably why I enjoyed Legion much more than most expansion's before or BfA right now. Ever Class Campaign was like a new adventure and presented a new viewpoint on the overall story.

Since the LFR tourist mode was introduced I spend more time doing casual stuff and enjoy it quite much. The game offers many side activities and many rewards tied in to them, so there is always something to do. Always a new toy, mount or piece of armour to customise your character.

I would probably enjoy and be part of the PvP and Mythic content again, if it wasn't locked behind a constant AP grind and gear race against yourself, that won't leave me enough time to enjoy other games or real-life activities, in the little time that is left in between sleeping and going to work. Or like Roger Murtaugh would probably say: "I'm too old for this sh*t".
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    U is for you and me

On topic ...

Nowadays I play WoW mostly as a story driven RPG. Back in Classic, BC, Wrath and Cataclysm it was about character progression and being involved in content that most people will only experience through YouTube videos.

That's also probably why I enjoyed Legion much more than most expansion's before or BfA right now. Ever Class Campaign was like a new adventure and presented a new viewpoint on the overall story.

Since the LFR tourist mode was introduced I spend more time doing casual stuff and enjoy it quite much. The game offers many side activities and many rewards tied in to them, so there is always something to do. Always a new toy, mount or piece of armour to customise your character.

I would probably enjoy and be part of the PvP and Mythic content again, if it wasn't locked behind a constant AP grind and gear race against yourself, that won't leave me enough time to enjoy other games or real-life activities, in the little time that is left in between sleeping and going to work. Or like Roger Murtaugh would probably say: "I'm too old for this sh*t".
    Your signature is truth.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    U is for you and me

On topic ...

This. Exactly this. Even with the Murtaugh quote.

I don't get the obsession with making things solo content. It's a MMORPG and anyone who has played it for years most likely got into it because of the multiplayer aspect and I don't see why we need to make it even easier.

What I look for in WoW to have fun:
    1. friends to play with - by its MMO nature, everything is repetitive, I can't deal with doing same things over and over if I don't have friends around to play and chat with
    2. stuff to play with friends - which means group content: raids, dungeons and whatever else where I can do it with guildies and friends exclusively
    3. having tools to do my role - I'm a tank, I protect my party no matter what the danger, I find it very fun having the tools to save their lives (healing, sacrifice, freedom etc). I don't enjoy feeling helpless and I don't enjoy my own life being completely in the hands of another (hc Ra-Den comes to mind).
    This is basically enough for me to have fun in WoW. Also I need my character to look good, but that doesn't make it 'fun', just makes it 'playable'.
    Everything else is bonus - I play everything Blizz throws at me from pvp to pet battles, from raids to hardmode mech runs, from collecting to leveling alts. But all these would feel pointless to me if I didn't have the core 'purpose' of raiding.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-10-16 at 10:32 AM.

I do not like more Solo stuff.
    I agree that the Class Story Lines in Legion were great and i want more of that.

But actual Gameplay Stuff and Raids should still be only really doable in a group. It is still an MMORPG. What is NOT fun is going into a dungeon group where people can't even be bothered to write a simple "Hello".

No to what is really fun:

1. More diverse Raids. Take a look at TBC or WoTLK. Raids are the backbone of the game. The ultimate Endgame if you will. Make more Raids and keep them relevant. I don't really know how. But i am no Game Designer after all.

2. Attuenments... i really really liked it in BC. There was a clear path ahead of you. You gathered some friends an did what you have to do. Incl. the raids before, because that is the way the story goes. Granted TBC story was kinda weird to nonexisting ( SSC, i am looking at you )

3. Essential stuff Acount-Bound... or at least realm... grinding the same f-ing essence on every f-ing Twink is annoying as hell... i get that AP is not BoA. But the Essences are just a pain in the ass.

4. Face challenges in an RP kinda way. I am basically a demigod right now. Leader of all the druids and whatnot. Make it that we are a small fish again. So we have something to work to. Idk how. Timeskip, we get weekend. Timeskip is so long, that nobody can remember us anymore. But like i said. Just an idea. I am not a game designer^^

Bring back Talent Trees... hybridization between specs was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    i summoned my voidlord to tank garry
    Completely offtopic: Were voidlords able to taunt bosses? I can't recall. I mean Blizz nerfed pets to not be able to taunt back in Cata, when people tanked Chimaeron with pets, but maybe this one could?
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-10-16 at 10:42 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not retail atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Completely offtopic: Were voidlords able to taunt bosses? I can't recall. I mean Blizz nerfed pets to not be able to taunt back in Cata, when people tanked Chimaeron with pets, but maybe this one could?
    I dont think they have been able to taunt raid bosses for several expacs now. Even when theu do pull threat they have a modifier against a current expac raid boss that makes them take extra damage as critical. Note that extra damage isnt applied to past xpacs once its no longer current.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    they could until WoD, that's when they hard-broke them in instanced PVE content so that the taunt flat-out does nothing on bosses or mobs.
    supposedly it was due to baddies not turning it off in LFRtards.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To play for the sake of it, to chat and banter, let off steam and not create more steam trying to top a meter or meet a timer.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays, WoW-related, I have most fun in mythic+, when my guild manages to field a full group. Second would be raiding, but given that my raiding community has to PuG a LOT, that is not as common as it used to be, sadly. Still going to stick with the community, though. Finally, it would be reaching a goal of sorts, like it was with getting to Hoa 70. The grind itself was maddening, but it being over felt good x)

I don't get it. So many people keep saying this is an MMORPG...etc, don't want solo content yet they almost always refer to solo content as being the most fun they have ever had in their entire wow lifetime. Questing, story, leveling alts, mage tower, legion class campaign, soloing old raids for mounts and xmog...etc is all solo content.

I mean it's a given there will be raids and dungeons, it's impossible for WoW to not have them...and of course the current ones are usually done in groups until we outgear the normal and heroic mode dungeons...etc.....but gimme something new that I can do solo or with groups or with AI, my choice or depending on timing and availability of other players.

Fun for me is to play a game that WANTS and LETS me to progress, WANTS and LETS me to feel content and fulfilled and - god forbid - be done. Wow felt like this up and with until MoP, for me at least. Ever since it feels the game actively works AGAINST you.
    I never cared about raiding too much. I raid when the game itself is good (outdoor content, story, classes etc). And I simply give up raiding when I don't like the expansion. Raids alone won't keep me subbed. Don't care the slightest about m+-es. Liked challenge modes, didn't mind farming dungeons for daily emblems. M+ is a big nono for me.
    I feel like I am the player that would love to participate in many activities (from AH playing to pet battles, casual pvp, you name it) but is being pushed out and turned down more and more from every in game activities because of idiotic systems and fuck ups.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-10-16 at 11:34 AM.