Lvl 60 professions

As a rogue im currently looking to drop lw and take a second gathering profession and/or to decide to go into engineering as LW doesnt make me any money at all. Anyone that can shed some insight onto what to roll and what not? I can imagine herbalism being pretty lucrative, farming ghost mushrooms and whatnot in stealth runs. Selling raw leather and dragonscales isnt too bad either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting + Alchemist combo. Sell elixirs and enchants and prepare the money bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Enchanting + Alchemist combo. Sell elixirs and enchants and prepare the money bags.
    Enchanting is pretty selfsufficient but how would you go about alchemy without gathering the herbs yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Enchanting is pretty selfsufficient but how would you go about alchemy without gathering the herbs yourself?

Engineering is 100% required for high lvl pvp you just miss out on way too much stuff. Goblin engi will make you more money, but gnome is slightly better and most importantly has the better teleport (gadget, goblin is winter spring)

Depends on ur server and what you plan to do for your other.

Can't go without engi

It depends if you have access to an alt.

Long-term, the best professions for a solo player (for gold) will be Alchemy and Enchanting. Blacksmithing/Leatherworking/Tailoring do not make a lot of money and generally require a raid guild's backing to get the top materials and patterns for crafting. Plus those three professions are only gear based, so eventually they will run out of gear to make for people (limited population). Even enchanting will eventually need epics from raids for crystals and top end enchants, but you can still make gold D/E'ing blues and greens. This requires access to a level 60 alt who will be Herbalism & Tailoring so you can transform excess Runecloth into greens/blues/purples to disenchant and Herbalism to fund Alchemy. I have 2 60s and I am following this pattern. This also gives you access to the 2 best cooldowns in the game, Arcanite and Mooncloth. Arcanite Bars are exceptionally valuable throughout the game being used in the creation of both early legendaries, and for making scepters during AQ, plus Paladin/Warlock mounts and all the good crafted gear. Mooncloth is less so, but you can make a tidy profit making bags every 4 days.

If you don't want to level an alt, I'd go Alchemy/Herb on a smaller server (where you can actually get Black Lotus), and Tailoring/Enchanting on a larger server. Flasks will net you crazy amounts of gold starting in Phase 3, and are still quite lucrative right now.

If you want to PvP at a high level (especially in AV) you will want to be an engineer. You can go either gnomish or goblin since the sapper charges can be used by both, but to craft them you need goblin (so either get a friend, be goblin yourself, or buy them). When the 2 waves meet in AV, the winning side is almost exclusively determined by who has more sapper charges.

If you're lucky enough to be in a high-end guild with a solid spot and are trusted enough to be the primary crafter of a profession, you can make *a lot* of gold through any of the crafting professions. I won't go over that now, since there is a lot, but something to keep in mind.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2019-10-19 at 07:51 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    There is this thing called "alts". Or you just buy the mats from the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    You don't, you use your transmute cd for others, and you buy herbs off trade, just make a macro with WTB [Herbname], COD me and make sure the price is smaller than AH by a bit.