Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upcoming Regular and Allied Race ideas

Sorry about a fan-fic.

Personally don't believe that the Allied Races shouldn't be paired up for factions, since I'd prefer neutral ones, but here we go:

Now with 8.3 PTR's Rajani's, I can push Mogus with better idea than my own. I'll post whatever I scribbled down a few months ago for fun. There's no regard for balance but just for fun, mind you:

Pandaria set

Mogu (H) -

Racial mount: Quilen

After the defeat of Lei Shen and tremendous losses that decreased the number of hateful Mogu, a group of Mogu who's been hiding from the rest of their kin have come out of the shadow. They followed emperor Tsao and value their original purpose of keeping the order of the planet with Highkeeper Ra. And these Mogus have recently made contact with the Zandalari...

* Master Race:
    Increased damage against non-Mogu races by 1%.
    * Titanforged(Passive):
    Increase shadow resistance, and chance to avoid any shadow magic by 1%
    * Titanforged(Active):
    Reclaims the original stone form of Mogu for 3 seconds, removes all poison, disease, magic, curse and bleed effects and become immune to those effects.
    * Empirical Fashion:
    When fully slotted with Epic level or higher gears, gain 2% primary stat.
    * Weapon Mastery:
    All equipments suffer less durability damage.

Ankoan / Jinyu (A) -

Racial mount: Snapdragon? Sting Ray?

Honestly wrote nothing about them cause they're basically already a part of Alliance and it was pre-Nazjatar;didn't know Ankoan was coming:

* [B]Aquatic Kinship[B]:
    Can breathe in water, swims faster.
    * Seeing Through Water:
    Whenever you near a body of water, you can perform a ritual that grants you a vision to help you predict what's to come next, gives you a chance to avoid hostile actions.
    * Waterborn:
    Increased Frost resistance by 1%
    * Neptulon's Blessing:
    Touching any body of water grants you faster regeneration and damage. (think about Azerite puddles)
    * Water Bubble:
    Cast a destructible water bubble that traps an enemy for x seconds. (Think about Briny Bubble from Lady Ashvane fight

Draenor set

Saberon (H) -

Racial mount: Runs on four

The Saberon are savage, fierce, cat-like Draenor natives. They are known for hostile nature to the others, but after they were involuntarily teleported to Azeroth with the Mag'har Orcs, they panicked and fled westwards. While trying to settling in the barren foreign lands, they have faced the familiar enemies: the Botani.

Confused, the Saberon founded their new settlements in the northwest Barrens and Stonetalon Mountains region. Uninterrupted, they have successfully built their foothold and started exploring towards Ashenvale when they faced the familiar faces of the Botani. Quickly the two groups started waging war, and this conflict brought attention of their neighbours.

* Walk Like a Panther:
    Moving like a natural predator. Saberon has a smaller aggro radius.
    * Colossus of the Arena:
    When in combat of one on one situation, increases Critical Strike chance by 5% (no other enemies or allies in 20 yards)
    * Pounce:
    After 1 second cast, leaps to an enemy on all fours, physically damaging them by n and slowing them by 40% for 2 seconds.
    * Scavenger:
    Chance to loot additional food items.
    * Running Savage:
    Drop to all fours to run as fast as savage animal.

Botani (A) -

Racial mount: Turn into a Dryad or Keeper shape

Northern Barrens and Ashenvale provided great soil for the runaway Botani to settle and start flourishing again. As they have on Draenor, they've started infesting and attacking all living creatures including Orcs, Taurens, Night elves and even Saberons. Without any gods like a Genesaur to serve, the Botani were fully unleashing devaststion. Both the Horde and the Night Elves acknowledged the Botani situation and started making their moves. The Horde, led by the Mag'har about the situation, wanted to remove the Botani once and for all. But the vengeful Night Elves saw opportunity in this situation. A group of sentinels and children of Cenarius manage to research the Botani to create a new generation that are imbued with druidic magic who serve Cenarius and Elune, but with free will. They study the Genesaur's body in Everbloom-SW portal and succeeds at creating a new breed.

(I think Botani Druids turning into Kul Tiran-esque tree-shaped creatures)

* Aggressive Nature:
    Reduces Nature damage taken, and increases Nature damage done by 1% against stone or stone-born races.(Orcs, Ogres, Ogrons, Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes etc..)
    * Botanist:
    Gathers herbs without hurting the node. (You cannot gather from the same node for n minutes) Herbalism skill increased by 15.
    * Pollen Infestation:
    An enemy in combat with Botani will gain a stackable debuff. When the reaches x, they lose control and gets dazed for 2 seconds.
    * Deeprooted:
    Let a Botani to plant itself deep to the ground for 5 seconds, makes you immobile but become immune to stuns, knockbacks, and daze. Moving will cancel the effect.
    * Tree Hugger:
    Hostile Treants, Ancients, and Keepers are Neutral to the Botani.
    * Leaf Me Alone:
    Morph yourself into an inconspicuous tree shape that cannot move and removes all threat, only usable outdoor. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving.

Outland set

For these, I'm assuming the Lightbound and Yrel will eventually invade or become the enemies of Azeroth. Yes I know we all hate WoD, but it has so many salvageable contents like smart Ogres and uncorrupted Arakkoa imo. So I think these materials could merge with the original Outland-born contents.

Ogre (H) - I believe Ogres will use Kul Tiran rigs and base models' shapes

Racial mount: Clefthoof

Ogres are large, brutish humanoids of the notable strength native to Draenor. When the Lightbound's fanatic crusade wiped out the planet, many from the Ogres' continent had to perish or succumb to the Lightbound. When the surviving Ogres heard of what happened to the Mag'har Orcs and their escape, many Ogres gathered and formed the Gorian Legion under the Lightbound's nose. When the Lightbound started marching on Azeroth, it opened an opportunity to Ogres to escape from the Lightbound Draenei's grasp and reached for the allies when they arrived at Azeroth. They've joined the Horde and their distanced brethren of Stonemaul Clan.

* Juggernaut:
    Ogre's presence inspires the allies and terrifies the enemies. Unleash a battlecry that increases nearby allies' damage by 1% and reduces enemies' damage by 1% for 5 seconds.
    * Gladiator:
    Reduces physical damage taken by 1%
    * Blood of Grond:
    When health is below 10%, enters berserk and gain 10% haste.
    * Gorian Legacy:
    Increased strength and intellect by 2% when partied with other Ogres.
    * Massive:
    When fallen by knockback or death, stomps the nearby area and dazes enemies for 2 seconds

Arakkoa, cursed and uncursed (A) - (basically same thing ae Ogres)

Racial mount: Flying carpet, Flying with their own wings

The Arakkoa are a keenly intelligent avian race, native to Draenor. Unfortunately, when the Lightbound's fanatical crusade has begun to wipe out the planet, it also culled the arakkoa down and many had to succumb to the Light. However, the members of the Order of the Awakened gathered the surviving arakkoa under the Lightbound's nose and waited for the reckoning day. When the Lightbound finished conquering Draenor, the grand army of the Lightbound started to march on Azeroth, arakkoa waited, and seized the opportunity to escape from the fanatics' grasp and reached for the allies when they arrived at Azeroth. Some of the cursed Arakkoas from Outland were in talks with the Alliance at the moment and both the Cursed and normal Arakkoans united to join the Alliance.

* Apexis Crystal:
    Every n amount of damage or healing grants you a buff Radiance of Apexis Crystal. You can use the charged crystal to grant you bonus stat for 20 seconds and resets the count. The amount of bonus equals to how many stack counts it used up. Stacks up to 100.
    * Wing Gust:
    Blows a gust of wind to enemies in a cone in front of the caster, push them back and slow them by 20% for 2 seconds.
    * Soar:
    Soars into the sky straight above, escaping the combat and loses aggro for 5 seconds. Can be attacked. Any actions will land the Arakkoa immediately.
    * Apexis Intellect:
    Increased intellect by 2%, has a chance to loot additional jewels and gems.
    * Flying High: Spread wings and move faster. Can be used as both ground and flying mount.

Space and Void Set..?

Ethereal (A/H) -

Racial mount - Ethereal Camel

For the inevitable fights vs Void Lords and whatnot, I'm certain these guys will be an option especially with them being faceless too. So efficient to create ethereal creatures wrapped in bandages that are also popular!!

* Ephemeral:
    There's a chance that Ethereal takes their elemental form in combat, avoids a physical damage.
    * Ethereal Walk:
    You can briefly turn yourself into a glowing, immaterial form, able to move around freely in the air and water for 3 seconds for 100% movement speed. Cannot attack, cast spells or use items.
    * Intergalactic Trader:
    Ethereals are trade experts throughout the worlds. Any transaction they make is cheaper.
    * K'aresh Merchant's Orb:
    Summons a sphere that gives you access to all Ethereal services. (Transmog, Voidstorage, Transgrifier.. Etc)
    * Arcane Affinity: Reduces Magic damage taken by 1%

Dragon Isles?

I imagined the Dragon Isles to be located somewhere in the Veiled Sea and be big enough to host:

- A group of the stranded sailors who are trapped in the Dragon Isle, forced by the dragonflights to live in harmony regardless of their race. They built their own little town of mixed culture

- Titan keepers with the last Titan facility

- 5 dragonflights' zones and temples

- Native creatures and fauna all around the isles that no one's seen before

- Renegade dragonsworns who've been defecting in discreetly due to the fear of the Dragonflights' loss of power since Deathwing, are trying to recreate something like Galakrond and allying with Void forces

Drakonid (A/H)-

Racial mount: Drake form

You pick a regular race initially, and go through the starting zone which is set in the past as the sworn servant for the Dragonflights and Dragon Isles. You are given draconic power, turn into Drakonid permanently. And when you level, the Bronze Dragonflight sends you back in time to witness what happened on the outside, then catch up with the latest content.

Racial traits
    * Avatar of the Aspect: Allowing you to choose one of the five aspects' powers and wield it. Your racial abilities will change depends on your choice. 20 mins cooldown.

* Breath of Life: Deals (n) Fire damage to the enemies and heals allies in a cone in front of you.
    * Lifebind: Activate to make yourself immune to death for 2 seconds.
    * Firey Soul: An aura that regenerates nearby allies' health. Heals (Level × 0.4) health every 5 seconds.
    * Stance of the Lifebinder: Fire damage dealt increased, and taken reduced by 1%

* Breath of Arcane: Deals (n) Arcane damage to the enemies and burns (n) amount of mana in a cone in front of you.
    * Spellweave: Activate to reduce mana cost and cooldown of next 2 spells by 5%. (Only applies to spells that use mana)
    * Arcane Presence: An aura that regenerates nearby allies' mana. Regenerates (Level × 0.4) mana every 5 seconds.
    * Stance of the Spell-Weaver: Arcane damage dealt increased, and taken reduced by 1%

* Breath of Slumber: Deals (n) Nature damage to the enemies and makes them fall asleep for 3 seconds in a cone in front of you.
    * Emerald Dream: You fall asleep until cancelled, restores 1% health and mana per second. Any action or damage will awake you.
    * Rested Mind: Versatility increased by 1%
    * Stance of the Dreamer: Nature damage dealt increased, and taken reduced by 1%

* Breath of Sand: Deals n Arcane damage to the enemies and slows them by 20% in a cone in front of you.
    * Timewalker: Sends yourself back in time. Returns to your location, health and resources of 2 seconds ago. (Doesn't affect cooldowns)
    * Shifting Sands: Haste increased by 1%
    * Stance of the Timeless One: Arcane damage dealt increased, and taken reduced by 1%

* Breath of Shadowfire: Deals n Shadowfire damage to the enemies and burns them for 3 seconds in a cone in front of you.
    * Earthward: Activate to cast a rocky magma shield to yourself. Shields (n) amount of damage and burns any melee attackers.
    * Deeper Knowledge: Mastery increased by 1%
    * Stance of the Earth Warder: Shadow and Fire damage dealt increased, and taken reduced by 1%

Ok this is much longer than I thought, but I really wish these races somehow become playable in one way or another.

Where are nagas?

I'm just waiting for Blizzard to give horde a druid race that isn't a troll or a freaking cow.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Mogu? And not Hozen, the race that are actually, you know, allied with the Horde? What the ookin' heck?

7+ Year Old Account
    we kidna have the same opinion here, i would only change mogu, and make a como with ogres and vrykul

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Mogu? And not Hozen, the race that are actually, you know, allied with the Horde? What the ookin' heck?
    good luck trying to play that shit with female models who look exactly like the male

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    good luck trying to play that shit with female models who look exactly like the male
    Hey now, if a genderless race is OK, an androgynous race can be OK too.

Eh, it wouldn't be that surprising for Blizz to just develop a female model for them to become a playable race.

Mogu are far more problematic in that we killed the last two known females in existence. Hozen don't have known females because Blizz didn't bother to make a female model for them. Mogu don't have known females because they literally told us only two were known of and we killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    I believe Ogres will use Kul Tiran rigs and base models' shapes
    Gee, I hope they don't. I want them to have a unique model. Every time they reuse a rig, it cheapens the model.

As far as I'm concerned the obvious allied races that have either already been set up or are an obvious choice would be

Alliance

Waveblade Ankoan
    Wildhammer Dwarves
    High Elves
    Frostborn Dwarves
    Earthen
    Real Mechagnomes
    Krokul (Broken Draenei)
    Eredar

Horde

Lightbound Undead (even though I think their entire concept is terrible)
    Kelfin Gilblin
    Undead with a model like Nathanos, basically humans with darkened skin and red-glowing eyes
    Undead Night Elves
    San'layn
    Saberon
    Forest Trolls
    Fel Orcs
    Mogu

Races like Vrykul, Hozen, Ogre, Furbolg, Satyr, Naga, Ethereal and Arakkoa should be their own races, with a unique rig and animations, not merely Allied Races. I guess they could be, like the Kul Tirans and Zandalari, but we'll see.
    Last edited by fikcrim; 2019-10-17 at 04:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Eh, it wouldn't be that surprising for Blizz to just develop a female model for them to become a playable race.

Mogu are far more problematic in that we killed the last two known females in existence. Hozen don't have known females because Blizz didn't bother to make a female model for them. Mogu don't have known females because they literally told us only two were known of and we killed them.
    but we saw female hozen, they are just like the male

they don't work as allie race, they are more animal than humanoide

only if you find "high hozen" so they become like a monkey king race.

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Gee, I hope they don't. I want them to have a unique model. Every time they reuse a rig, it cheapens the model.
    Rexxar use kultiran and one and is fine, can't see why ogres can't

not merely Allied Races
    every race from now on will be "allied races" or will use this feature, just like vulpera

Rexxar use kultiran and one and is fine, can't see why ogres can't
    I honestly have to take a look at his model to be sure, but I doubt he does. I didn't say Ogres can't, I said they shouldn't because a unique model is always better.

every race from now on will be "allied races" or will use this feature, just like vulpera
    That depends on how much effort Blizzard wants to put into a race, which depends on how important the addition of the race is going to be.

Yeah this is why I could never see Sethrak as an actual player race. I don't think anybody really wants them either.

Yeah this is why I could never see Sethrak as an actual player race. I don't think anybody really wants them either.
    I think we can easily name a few, and I believe I know why.

They're unique and their unavailable, just like Ethereals and the requests for them since TBC.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have to take a look at his model to be sure, but I doubt he does. I didn't say Ogres can't, I said they shouldn't because a unique model is always better.

look pretty good to me without a "unique model", its good enough to me play one at least, better than have nothing.

That depends on how much effort Blizzard wants to put into a race, which depends on how important the addition of the race is going to be.
    and we all know blizzard don't want put much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Where are nagas?
    This.

Also ugh, ogres. Good god that horse is just corpse dust by now.

look pretty good to me without a "unique model", its good enough to me play one at least, better than have nothing.
    1. No, it doesn't look good, it looks ugly as fuck.
    2. Where is that even from, I've never seen him without his mask. Then again I haven't played the Horde side of the war campaign beyond 8.1, I think
    3. It doesn't look Kul Tiran. Maybe it is based on the rig and modified, but if it is, it looks like they changed enough to make it look quite different. Those can be kind of alright, although completely unique is still always better. What I have a problem with is when they pretty much only do a reskin, when everything else about it, the animations and movements still look the same.

and we all know blizzard don't want put much effort.
    Of course. That doesn't make it a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    I think we can easily name a few, and I believe I know why.

They're unique and their unavailable, just like Ethereals and the requests for them since TBC.
    Ethereals look cool, Sethrak look weird. Unique does not always mean good.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    This.

Also ugh, ogres. Good god that horse is just corpse dust by now.
    Players still want them just for something cool like two-headed Ogre mages.

And ugly, seriously? Have you looked at Trolls and Orcs? They're not exactly going to win any beauty pageants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Players still want them just for something cool like two-headed Ogre mages.

And ugly, seriously? Have you looked at Trolls and Orcs? They're not exactly going to win any beauty pageants.
    I mean tons of people play Forsaken and they are the most hideous.

This is a great list... one of the more realistic/believable ones out there. I honestly feel it's pretty fairly balanced in terms of "coolness" for Alliance and Horde as well, and makes a lot of sense lore-wise.

I love the Drakonid racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Races I want:

High Elf
    Vrykul
    Mantid
    Jinyu/Hozen
    Arakkoa
    Dryads
    Naga
    Ogres
    Ethereals

Most of these are unrealistic to expect as player races, but damn it, I want them.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-17 at 03:22 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.