when can I start collecting pre-raid bis?

I am soon 48 druid, and I was wondering when it's good to do dungeons. I mean some dungeons like BRD and Scholo(?) can be done earlier than 60 and it has pre-raid bis. At what lvl can I start tanking the relevant dungeons?
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

If you play cat you now have pre raid bis ring in maraudon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    If you play cat you now have pre raid bis ring in maraudon.
    I will prolly never play as cat, only tank and resto - with heavy emphasis on resto
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

as soon as you can find a grp that will take you to whatever dungeon has the drops you want for your pre raid bis

When you start doing scholo as a druid, you have to pass on the cadaverous chest if there's a rogue in the group it's in the Blizz TOS.

Early brd is usually done around lvl 52. As a healer you can prob do late brd around 54-55, dm east around 55, all the others around 57+. Add 1-2 levels for tank. All rough estimates.

Classic wowhead has a BIS list for every class/spec where the items are listed, where they drop etc.

Keep in mind that there are often alternatives to a BIS item from a list. Sometimes different lists don't even have the same item as "best".
    Especially for healers, things are not black and white, because the stat weighting changes with the length and mechanics of a fight. and in my experience some amount of Stamina is also nice to have, because it is not fun to get one-shot

As soon as you find groups willing to take you. Like, you can try getting into a BRD group at 50... but good luck with that. You can try tanking Scholo with 55... again, good luck with that. Group invites are the only limiting factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, don't stress it. Get to 60 and start collecting casually. Basically any guild there is will still invite you to MC/onyxia regardless what gear you have.