Has anyone ever done this before?

I was just thinking that I might give myself a total blackout from all WoW things until the next expansion comes out and just let it surprise me. However, I feel like it would be very hard to not get spoiled - but would really love the immersive feeling of only finding out wtf is happening when it actually comes out.

I'd love to do that but I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of finding out what's coming for longer than two days

I tried to do that mostly with Legion, foregoing guides and wowhead to just discover things on my own... it wasn't fun. There was so much more to do in Legion compared to WoD that was seriously gimping myself but not going specifically after things that would improve my character (not specifically power related) or gameplay experience.

You can do it, might have a better experience but i wouldn't recommend it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Doesn't work.
    The Temptation is too great.

Formerly known as Arafal

I would need to stop talking to every person ingame, which would probably put me in a place where the next expansion would be shit since I dropped all my social ties.

You would have to go and live in a cave to avoid things wow-related, because I'm pretty sure the info would be delivered to you by one source or another, be it social media, youtubers, twitch streamers, adds on websites, articles in press, etc. Not to mention spoilers in in-game chat, in WoW or even in other games.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Put it this way - its you vs hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising, combined with tens of millions of people talking about it. Do you think you can ignore them better than they can get you to look?

Think about the fact that even in some bog-ass village in Africa, where they don't even have running water and the concept of washing your hands after a shit doesn't yet exist, these guys still have Nike t shirts on and know who Christiano Ronaldo is.

Advertising is impossible to avoid. I haven't looked up youtube music in about 15 years. I never listen to the radio, etc. I still know half of the most popular songs these days just from hearing them while at a shopping center, in the background of a youtube video or stream, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heyoyayo View Post
    I was just thinking that I might give myself a total blackout from all WoW things until the next expansion comes out and just let it surprise me. However, I feel like it would be very hard to not get spoiled - but would really love the immersive feeling of only finding out wtf is happening when it actually comes out.
    To do this you would have to completely quit playing and not look at anything to do with the game at all. Scrub your browsers and ignore all gaming stuff and social media where you might run into WoW things. If you think that is worth a little extra surprise have at it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be do-able, Just tell the people you know in game not to tell you about it, and just unfollow any Blizz stuff on social media, You might get an advert on TV if you're really unlucky, But could just look away or something.

I think the biggest risk here would be dropping money on an expansion, not knowing anything about it, as much as I like surprises in games, with the track record of expansions that's not something I personally, would risk, But good luck!