Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Poland to criminalise sex education

https://euobserver.com/tickers/146289

Teachers who give sex education classes said to "encourage students to become sexually active" or who give information about contraceptives in Polish schools could face up to five years in prison under a new bill designed to prevent "paedophilia", which has won the backing of the ruling Law and Justice party. "It [the law] is a sick idea," Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus, an opposition MP, told Polish daily Gazeta.pl.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a pretty good idea for them. I mean I'm sure they don't want young people to get the foolish idea in their head that sex is "enjoyable" or something. Bravo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily reminder that abstinence only education doesn't work, as evidenced by the fact that U.S. states that have the most conservative views on sex also have the highest rates of teen pregnancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Daily reminder that abstinence only education doesn't work, as evidenced by the fact that U.S. states that have the most conservative views on sex also have the highest rates of teen pregnancies.
    Yet my country has a low rate of teen pregnancies, despite it being about don't have sex before marriage when I went to school.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 bucks says US Christian organizations are behind the funding and promotion of this law.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    5 bucks says US Christian organizations are behind the funding and promotion of this law.
    In Poland?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Daily reminder that abstinence only education doesn't work
    Daily reminder that humanity thrived for millennia without sex education of any kind whatsoever.

Anyway, good for the Poles. Sex education has pretty much always been just a foot in the door to attempts to spread sexual degeneracy, so them stamping it out is a great move.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    In Poland?
    They're doing it all over the world, wouldn't surprise me if they're doing it in Poland too.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Daily reminder that humanity thrived for millennia without sex education of any kind whatsoever.

Anyway, good for the Poles. Sex education has pretty much always been just a foot in the door to attempts to spread sexual degeneracy, so them stamping it out is a great move.
    ...What the fuck? That's satire, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account

Haha.
    What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    MMO-C is filled with homophobes, so probably not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yet my country has a low rate of teen pregnancies, despite it being about don't have sex before marriage when I went to school.
    It's funny that you keep posting this stuff as if we generally believe your word. A quick google search says there is sex-ed in south korea and it started back in the 80s to counter the increase in rapings.

- - - Updated - - -

In Poland?
    You wouldn't believe where they're promoting this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It's funny that you keep posting this stuff as if we generally believe your word. A quick google search says there is sex-ed in south korea and it started back in the 80s to counter the increase in rapings.
    It's funny that you think just because sex ed exists it means it's properly taught. You haven't even googled about it, if you did, you would have found out about this:

Currently, students from around fifth grade of elementary school through high school are required to take at least 15 hours of sex education from a health education teacher annually. But the curriculum is mostly confined to superficial information about restraining sexual desires rather than educating students about sexuality, consent and contraception.

But no, you didn't. Because you didn't google it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...-for-date-rape

[/i]"From the perspective of a man who spends a lot of money on dates, it is natural that he would want a commensurate compensation from the woman. In such conditions, unwanted date rape can occur," the curriculum for high school students reads, according to a screenshot tweeted by a Korean journalist under the words, "The Ministry of Education's 'teacher education materials.' If you think the Ministry is crazy, please press RT."[/i]

And you think this is proper sex education?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-10-21 at 02:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's funny that you think just because sex ed exists it means it's properly taught. You haven't even googled about it, if you did, you would have found out about this:

Currently, students from around fifth grade of elementary school through high school are required to take at least 15 hours of sex education from a health education teacher annually. But the curriculum is mostly confined to superficial information about restraining sexual desires rather than educating students about sexuality, consent and contraception.

But no, you didn't. Because you didn't google it.
    I have, this was what I found.

"Korea includes sex education in its curriculum for middle and high school students, but progress with this program has been slow due to a limited number of trained teachers. Consequently, the Young Women's Christian Association is becoming involved and organizing seminars and lectures in major cities. The Seoul Youth Guidance Society gives sexual guidance lectures for working youths. The Daehwa Christian Social Welfare Association runs an office to counsel girls and boys about sexual relationships. This increased emphasis comes as a response to the rising incidence of cases of rape, which numbered 800 in 1974 but rose to 3642 in 1982. Kim Suk-hi, director of the Seoul YMCA sex education counseling office, emphasizes the urgency of the sex education programs. She advises parents to answer their children's questions about sex. The Ministry of Education recently began to provide training for teachers and to develop educational materials."

But sure, I just invented the arguments I brought forward because I didn't google it.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Yeah, and humanity 'thrived' for millennia during which you'd be lucky to be the surviving child after your mother's 5 births, and then dying in your 30s. What the fuck are you smoking?

On topic: It's not surprising that this level of stupidity is put into law.

Poland is currently ruled by the right-wing PiS ("Law and Justice"), they have a catholic-nationalist approach - eurosceptic, anti-LGBT, anti-muslim and they introduced the most restrictive abortion laws in the EU (that pushed women towards illegal and dangerous abortions).

They're also fans of neutering the independence of Justice for the sake of "efficiency" (to be read: quicker, political appointment of judges) and quelling peaceful protests against the government.

It's a british fan of Trump and Brexit, no explanation needed...
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2019-10-21 at 02:26 PM.

But sure, I just invented the arguments I brought forward because I didn't google it.
    You just spewed some bullshit without even knowing what's in the curriculum.

(Almost) daily reminder that the higher rates of pregnancy and sti's are a feature, not a bug, of the conservative position. That's why they even oppose the HPV vaccine--they don't want anything that lessens the risks associated with sex, including the risk of cervical cancer. As I have mentioned elsewhere, once you fully absorb the horror of that truth, their position will no longer seem bewilderingly self-defeating.

15+ Year Old Account
    You just spewed some bullshit without even knowing what's in the curriculum.
    Again, that's thanks to you because I will never just trust your word. Mostly because South Koreas culture is different only when it suits your argument.

Again, that's thanks to you because I will never just trust your word.
    So stop reading my posts. Stop responding to my posts with falsehoods and bullshit. That's a simple solution for you. You know fuck all about my country and you can't even google something as simple as what our curriculum contains as far as sex ed goes.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-10-21 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Importance of contraceptives and sex education as a whole should be taught.

If there is a genuine issue with a curriculum then it needs to be fixed.

To say bluntly - yes it's good to educate teens that if they want to fuck they should do this with rubber, they will screw each other's brains out anyway the same we all did in our teens and it's better they do it with a condom.