Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    How I know you didn't play TBC
    lol, you dont remember standing in shatt queuing for wrath dungeons? Must have been where the cool kids hung out.

Either that, or they were those annoying people who would sit in Shatt and ask for a summon everytime.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with resil. It was perfert in TBC.
    Someone's got jokes today.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Someone's got jokes today.
    Instead of meme'ing how about you put down in words what you think was wrong with it.

Instead of meme'ing how about you put down in words what you think was wrong with it.
    Wait, you were being serious? o_O

While you're not wrong why they added it, I still even today believe they could have changed things without adding the shitstorm that resilience was.
    Let me put it this way:
    Even Rob Pardo (The VP of Blizzard at the time) admitted back in 09 that the implementation of Arena was a massive mistake and it is the one thing he would have changed in TBC, as the strain in the balance / class design side was something they just did not take into account and turned out to be a massive issue for the team.

Of course, that statement applies more on Arena as a whole, but i generally agree with the assessment that Arena was a mistake, because it shoehorns every class / spec to be somehow be viable / not OP within that deathmatch mode.

Resilience doesn't exist anymore, nowadays you just have PvP Modifiers instead but those are merely a more modern and flexible version of Resilience.

Wait, you were being serious? o_O
    So you can’t think of a single thing or...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Let me put it this way:
    Even Rob Pardo (The VP of Blizzard at the time) admitted back in 09 that the implementation of Arena was a massive mistake and it is the one thing he would have changed in TBC, as the strain in the balance / class design side was something they just did not take into account and turned out to be a massive issue for the team.

Of course, that statement applies more on Arena as a whole, but i generally agree with the assessment that Arena was a mistake, because it shoehorns every class / spec to be somehow be viable / not OP within that deathmatch mode.

Resilience doesn't exist anymore, nowadays you just have PvP Modifiers instead but those are merely a more modern and flexible version of Resilience.
    Thank God.

So you can’t think of a single thing or...
    No, I can think of tons of reasons lol. Just not taking the bait.

Thank God.

No, I can think of tons of reasons lol. Just not taking the bait.
    It’s not bait I’m being completely serious. Give me some reasons

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s not bait I’m being completely serious. Give me some reasons
    Resilience helps classes which have strong survival to be even more efficiency and tanky. It favours outlast classes as well as requires the game to be balanced around it. I don't really know of many negatives however, to me, it was much needed. HOWEVER, it prevented PVErs to just roll in with their BiS gear and stomp like they did in AV/AB.

All in all, Resilience isn't bad, it allows for more tactical, clever and longer fights between players. PVErs should not be 1 shotting those who don't have the time to indulge in the wonders of dragon slaying. Sure some items were still BiS for PVP too, primarily weapons, offsets and especially trinkets, however it bridged the gap.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Resilience helps classes which have strong survival to be even more efficiency and tanky. It favours outlast classes as well as requires the game to be balanced around it. I don't really know of many negatives however, to me, it was much needed. HOWEVER, it prevented PVErs to just roll in with their BiS gear and stomp like they did in AV/AB.

All in all, Resilience isn't bad, it allows for more tactical, clever and longer fights between players. PVErs should not be 1 shotting those who don't have the time to indulge in the wonders of dragon slaying. Sure some items were still BiS for PVP too, primarily weapons, offsets and especially trinkets, however it bridged the gap.
    This is basically it right here. And to be honest it sort of holds the opposite effect when it comes to survivability but that’s whatever. I could go into more detail but you are right, it allowed pvpers to actually get their gear, and for the most part the best gear in their area of play.

If there was no resil at all, Pom pyro mages would walk into arena and just literally one shot the healer with no counterplay. That’s just not good play. Not even remotely.

If arena gave gear that was without a doubt the best pve gear like better than t6 during BT content, pvers would FREAK the fuck out. But then on the other hand they think they should be super competitive in arena with just their raid gear.

It was absolutely needed and hearing people call it bad is so annoying. They are all just pvers trying to have the upper hand and most of them don’t even know how it worked
    Last edited by Nicholaes92; 2020-04-20 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post

It was still a shitty bandaid. PVEers or anyone for that matter should not be 1-shotting anyone but they went a very bad route to fix it. Rather than fix the class/talents, they introduced a who new mechanic to have to grind for to cover it up. That's one thing I will give retail props for. Tunnel vision designing is not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Oh look, another endless thread where people argue in circles about their opinions.
    Yeah, crazy. Almost like this is an internet forum...oh wait...I just found out that this is an internet forum. A place designed to allow random people from all over to talk about, debate, and argue over their ideas and opinions.

I guess I'm not sure what you expected to see in the forums section. I think the site's home page is what you are looking for. More "news", less "opinions".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Hmm i wonder why are all tbc servers dead? Must be bad scripting? Oh no wait its because tbc is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    Hmm i wonder why are all tbc servers dead? Must be bad scripting? Oh no wait its because tbc is garbage.
    We'll see how "alive" Classic servers are once they have to compete with official, Blizz-like Classic TBC servers. What's your bet?

If u release fresh blizzlike classic and tbc server at same time, classic would be more popular no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, crazy. Almost like this is an internet forum...oh wait...I just found out that this is an internet forum. A place designed to allow random people from all over to talk about, debate, and argue over their ideas and opinions.

I guess I'm not sure what you expected to see in the forums section. I think the site's home page is what you are looking for. More "news", less "opinions".
    You missed the point he was making. There is a difference between expressing your opinion and backing it up and another thing to go around in a continuous circle when you've clearly been debunked.

If u release fresh blizzlike classic and tbc server at same time, classic would be more popular no doubt about that.
    I disagree completely with this statement. The game gained millions of subscribers when TBC launched and maintained those numbers until WOTLK then increased the player base again. The biggest issue with classic is the content released was hard to keep playing over and over. There was very little to do on a daily basis if you were clearing raids in classic. It got to a point where people would log in daily to do a few gathering runs and then log out until the next raid. I know our guild was like that.

That being said there was so much more to do when TBC launched. New quest chains, more lore, better PVP and yes better raids which btw had way better logistical requirements. Most of this might be opinionated but the numbers were the numbers. And having WAY more to do is a thing that keeps people playing.

Considering one has happened just 1-2 years ago while the others hasn't happened in 15 years, I doubt so - most people who played Classic do not look forward releveling again, that's why you see most people asking for copy/transfer rather than fresh TBC.

If given the choice between starting fresh on Classic or continuing their Classic char onto TBC, most ppl will continue on TBC.

Flying destroyed all world interactions, nothing more to say.
    Huh. I never knew you could farm mobs and do quests while still on your flying mount.

Versatility is a much more elegant resilience.