Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The older I get, the fewer folks I enjoy close to me. But there are varying levels depending on situation, as stated above.

At the VERY LEAST an arm's length, if not 2.

One time on a bus with only 1 person on it I sat in the seat next to them and read a book. Didn't say a word. Was fun.

Personal space is subjective. If the bus was full, the person wouldn't care. Since it was empty, they cared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I like this much. I don't know how many feet that is, we use normal measurements.

I like this HAHAHA I think at times I feel my personal space would be the size of Montana.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    [*snip*
    My job entails quite a bit of one on one, in person, customer service and I've gotten to the point where I would say 3-4 feet is ideal.

I want to be able to speak to someone in a normal conversational volume and I don't want to have to make an awkward reach for you, short or long reach, if I offer to shake your hand at the end of a successful encounter.

Beyond that, I want to be spittle-flight distance away from anyone else.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Arm's length is fine. Several arms if the other person looks unsavoury.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say arm's length is good enough. If you're close enough that I can smell your coffee breath, you're too close.

It's both cultural and contextual. Americans usually want about a foot more than Europeans; probably a function of population density in general.

What matters is what proximity is necessary under the circumstances. I can't give you two feet on a crowded subway, but I should give as much as I can.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the circumstances and who the person is. I wouldn't mind Halley Berry up close.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams