Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What does the "five torches to light our path" line mean? Is it referring to the five dead old gods? Does G'huun even count?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Yup, exactly. Fans of villains don't seem to like them for what they actually are, but what they want them to me. And then bitch and moan when their villainy reaches its natural conclusion.
    Oh, I'm no Sylvanas fan. I've been defending that she's a villain for years. But that's hardly what's wrong about her in BfA.

She's supposed to be a schemer, a tactician, a puppeteer. Her acting out of anger and improvising her way into isolation and defeat is still out of character. The writers needed a cartoony villain for their faction war and grabbed the first character that they saw and force her into a role that was never hers.

She was somewhere between lawful evil and neutral evil, and they made her chaotic evil out of nowhere. Saying that she's always been evil doesn't excuse the terrible writing and random twists of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Oh, I'm no Sylvanas fan. I've been defending that she's a villain for years. But that's hardly what's wrong about her in BfA.

She's supposed to be a schemer, a tactician, a puppeteer. Her acting out of anger and improvising her way into isolation and defeat is still out of character. The writers needed a cartoony villain for their faction war and grabbed the first character that they saw and force her into a role that was never hers.

She was somewhere between lawful evil and neutral evil, and they made her chaotic evil out of nowhere. Saying that she's always been evil doesn't excuse the terrible writing and random twists of personality.
    How is she chaotic evil? She had a plan, a goal that she worked towards completing. Perhaps doing it FOR someone. She didn't do what she did in random, neither was she evil for the sake of being evil.

And she wasn't exactly some kind of genius either. Her burst of anger does not erase everything she did or is currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Magni: Omae wa mou shindeiru
    N'zoth: Nani?

bwahahahaha, noice, people managed to completely rip the thing apart in a few hours, so fckn good.

These memes remind me of this:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    How is she chaotic evil? She had a plan, a goal that she worked towards completing. Perhaps doing it FOR someone. She didn't do what she did in random, neither was she evil for the sake of being evil.

And she wasn't exactly some kind of genius either. Her burst of anger does not erase everything she did or is currently doing.
    She had a plan at Teldrassil. But she got pissed at an elf and burned it instead.

She had a plan at Undercity... destroying her headquarters and killing her own troops? Sounds chaotic to me.

She had a plan at Orgrimmar, but she got cut and yelled something that made her lose her whole army in a second.

If these are the kind of tactics one can expect from a ranger-general, it's a miracle Quel'thalas didn't fall centuries before Arthas was born.

Literally nothing she has done this expansion has shown her as an intelligent mastermind. Even Garrosh showed more sense, and he was just a supremacist.

I do not believe this is the end of NZoth. This is all a fever dream and we actually empowered him, not killed him. "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn." The King of Diamonds had us run around the world collecting Azerite. The King then wants you to shoot a Titan Laser Canon - empowered by Azerite - at NZoth...? Yeah that is exactly what Nzoth wanted.

So basically we become a focusing crystal of Azerite laser, which comes from... Azeroth herself? Gah!
    Just great... And yeah, it really does look like a bad anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope to the Old Gods that the fact that we don't see what happens after the Kameha Meha wave means N'zoth just slurps it up like a stream of canned cheese and laughs in our collective faces. I literally hope the Player Character dies and we get sent to the Shadowlands. #TeamN'zoth

Also, what kind of fucked-up storytelling is this? I thought we were collecting the magical Azeroth fairy dust to heal her broken heart. Now we are blasting all the magical healing power straight into N'zoth's sphincter? Literally, what?
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

She had a plan at Teldrassil. But she got pissed at an elf and burned it instead.

She had a plan at Undercity... destroying her headquarters and killing her own troops? Sounds chaotic to me.

She had a plan at Orgrimmar, but she got cut and yelled something that made her lose her whole army in a second.

If these are the kind of tactics one can expect from a ranger-general, it's a miracle Quel'thalas didn't fall centuries before Arthas was born.

Literally nothing she has done this expansion has shown her as an intelligent mastermind. Even Garrosh showed more sense, and he was just a supremacist.
    These weren't random.

In 8.2.5 it was revealed that her plan, all along, was to feed as many souls as possible to the hungering darkness(whatever or whoever that is). It seems to me that she followed her plan just fine.

And when in the 15 years history of WoW was she ever shown as an intelligent mastermind?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    I do not believe this is the end of NZoth. This is all a fever dream and we actually empowered him, not killed him. "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn." The King of Diamonds had us run around the world collecting Azerite. The King then wants you to shoot a Titan Laser Canon - empowered by Azerite - at NZoth...? Yeah that is exactly what Nzoth wanted.
    He was made a pawn in the sense that because of him and HoA, we released N'Zoth from his prison. He was not brain-washed or mind controlled.

So the dagger meant nothing? I thought Azshara gave it to the player on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Revenor View Post
    So the dagger meant nothing? I thought Azshara gave it to the player on the PTR?
    Wrathion takes it, from what I heard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    At this point the only thing I hope is another (real) cinematic where we see N'zoth not giving af about this beam and absorbing its power to annihilate Azeroth

"The End"
    Don't say that too loud. I wouldn't have put it past Blizzard to make the twist where he does win, kills everyone, and then we wake up in 9.0 in the Shadowlands fighting to get everyone's souls back.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

To be honest it looks like a massive bait right in time for Blizzcon for the plot twist. Doesn't N'zoth feed on Azeroth? "From the Earth he draws strength." Did we just blast him with superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Not to mention how do people know he or even any other old gods are actually dead
    Because they've been confirmed dead numerous times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revenor View Post
    It might be the final blow or something. It would be silly to make a big deal about needing it and then just whoops we had the power all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    These weren't random.

In 8.2.5 it was revealed that her plan, all along, was to feed as many souls as possible to the hungering darkness(whatever or whoever that is). It seems to me that she followed her plan just fine.

And when in the 15 years history of WoW was she ever shown as an intelligent mastermind?

- - - Updated - - -

He was made a pawn in the sense that because of him and HoA, we released N'Zoth from his prison. He was not brain-washed or mind controlled.
    For the millionth time: It is a comment of disdain saying something that we already knew, that he was a pawn of Azeroth, not Nzoth. He was in no way a pawn of Nzoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Burning Teldrassil didn't have anything to do with her plan nor did it negate it.

Undercity was a loss and she knew it thus she did what she did as a "if my city is going down you're going down with it" which was a fine plan.

She had no plan at Orgrimmar and more than likely planned to kill Saurfang and leave just as she did.

Not sure where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    kamehamehaaa!!

- - - Updated - - -

damn it...beat me to it!
    No worries my fellow Shonen fan, you'll have your spot lol.

N’zoth ending is bad *spoilers*

So you are telling me that this boss was hyped since Cata and the ending we are getting is thrall dragonsoul 2.0, this is terrible writing.

https: //m.youtube.com/watch?v=mojPqc3hiz4To

this could be the cinematic that plays after the carapace fight, but we dont know for sure yet

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthisreal View Post
    So you are telling me that this boss was hyped since Cata and the ending we are getting is thrall dragonsoul 2.0, this is terrible writing.

https: //m.youtube.com/watch?v=mojPqc3hiz4To
    you're wrong - there will definitely be a final cutscene which is encrypted. there is no way they left this decrypted on purpose - it is a red herring

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh, minor threat is easily dealt with. Nothing new.

Blizzard should’ve given us a proper faction war instead of repeating MoP and throwing in a filler boss at the end.