Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly, after 8.3 it's really time for a WoW2. New time period, new classes, new specs, new game / expanded game, with potential migration of our existing characters oc.

The big story elements of WoW have played out.

From the look of the schedule - there isn't even a "Future of WoW" panel.

There are TBA panels ... there may not even be a WoW announcement.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You are reading to much into it and just wanted to make a doom and gloom post. One or more of the “coming soon” will be WoW related and will be the expansion stuff. They will announce it during opening then have more in one or more of the Coming soon. Another will be D4 stuff.

My friend works at Blizzard

He said they're very excited for the WoW announcements. They wouldn't be excited about it if it is underwhelming

The only thing why the panels are called TBA is because of the content which will be shown; Blizzard does not want to give away the content yet, which is telling that there's some big announcements coming (most likely)
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post

He said they're very excited for the WoW announcements. They wouldn't be excited about it if it is underwhelming
    Tell me the xpac name

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those "Coming Soon" panels on Friday are product announcements.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    8.3 is announced just 3 weeks before Blizzcon.

If there wouldnt be an expansion to announce why would they spend time and effort into a 18 minute video about a patch?

If they could have just let some intern make a slideshow in Powerpoint with some pictures of Nzoth etc etc and show that at Blizzcon? (I know some casters and a player who are looking for a source of income)

I am 100% sure we will learn all about the next expansion during Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Who says there's even gonna be an expansion?
    Blizzard did. smh.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post

My friend says your friend is wrong. My friend wouldn't say that if he believed he was wrong.

They always have one, where you can play the current game.
    But they use it to DEMO an upcoming version. Hence the rod demo.

They are announcing the next expansion and you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    All of those "Coming Soon" panels on Friday are product announcements.
    I'm still in the camp that, while I blieve there's going to be an expansion announcement - I feel like there's going to be something funny/fishy/different with this one.

Not so much about stuff like lore, location, ect... more like how it's going to be sold. Like, I'm getting the vibe this might be a new pricing structure for WoW... example, like they'll release "mini-expansions" for 10 bucks each twice a year, or something akin to that. Not saying THAT is what they're going to do - mind you. Just saying I feel like something different is comming... based on nothing but "feels" post-legion I'll admit! ;P

But I do agree that Blizz is NOT going to just go on with regular freebie patches and just rely on subscription payments. They're in this to make money, so there's at least going to be some new paid content they're going to reveal.

15+ Year Old Account
    And if there was, the WoW update panel would be pointless. A what's next panel is literally an update panel.
    The update panel is going to be the equivalent of the deep dive panels from previous years most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    The only thing why the panels are called TBA is because of the content which will be shown; Blizzard does not want to give away the content yet, which is telling that there's some big announcements coming (most likely)
    I'm beginning to wonder/worry if some of those TBA/Comming Soon pannels are Diablo: Immortal related. Like, maybe they're just listed as TBA simply because they didn't want people to start throwing rocks at the schedule.

I mean, spit, there's even a Heroes panel and that's in maintenance mode! :P

I mean.. besides the "void lords" lol... WoW lore is done. It's over. Void lords was probably the single most underwhelming thing they could have added to WoW. It minimized the Burning legion and they are basically just a blob of goop in my head. We don't really know anything about them besides that they are some weird transdimensional "force" that wants to eat stuff. Like.. okay?? There isn't a "Sargeras" character that I can attach to "Void lords" that makes me really want to care. Anything they do with them will just feel underwhelming, because they never really existed until they started to realize that they were finishing the legion plot soon.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    From the look of the schedule - there isn't even a "Future of WoW" panel.

There are TBA panels ... there may not even be a WoW announcement.
    Oh, there will be one... Blizz ain't going to just go on with freebie subscription updates and not have something new for players to purchase on top of their usual Sub. :P

And, as I said above, I'm beginning to wonder if some of those TBAs are in fact Diablo:Immortal related and Blizz just wants to not cause a shitpanic again. At best, though, I'd only guess 2 of the TBAs at most would be D:I. 1 at least has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder/worry if some of those TBA/Comming Soon pannels are Diablo: Immortal related. Like, maybe they're just listed as TBA simply because they didn't want people to start throwing rocks at the schedule.

I mean, spit, there's even a Heroes panel and that's in maintenance mode! :P
    Eh who knows; one of them will be Diablo 4 for sure and of course the WoW expansion, to be fair I am kinda hyped for what they will bring to Overwatch.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But they use it to DEMO an upcoming version. Hence the rod demo.

They are announcing the next expansion and you are wrong.
    They can demo 8.3

I foresee a Diablo Classic announcement. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can demo 8.3
    You can demo 8.3 without going to Blizzcon.

Its called PTR.