Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It wasn't fine to people that were obsessed with the gear that others had, or couldn't comprehend that tf is simply a bonus that you appreciate if you get it. For the rest of us, it was fine. And now they've replaced it with a system that you like even less.

People played themselves.
    I actually like corrupted gear more, or at least think it has the potential to be a better system. I just don't think it really solves the issues that titanforging had.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Just a dumb and over convulated system, I could really do with some of what the devs are smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    The baby havent borned yet.
    Let the kid born. Send him to school and later discover if he is stupid or not.
    I dunno man, I've watched "The Omen". That shit usually ends up with a high body count in the end! :P

This kid you're talking about was born literally with the name "cursed" and is swinging a knife out as it came out of the womb. Damien might have potential, but you got to risk the benefits vs the deaths along the way. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Either the negative effect will be irrelevant, so it's pointless, or the negative effect will be so bad you won't want to wear the upgrade in the first place. Imagine getting gear that upgrades to corrupted only to not be able to use it. Imagine you summon adds in a fight and wipe the raid.
    Why whine before you've seen it in action? IMO, this is one of the best gear ideas ever, if done properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they are trying different things

They had to deal with a year of fake outrage over Titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Why whine before you've seen it in action?
    Because I possess two important abilities. Reading and thinking. If it tells me it's gonna spawn void zones and adds, and it is gear and players have full control over what they wear, and it's a group game, I only have to put 1 and 1 together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    At least they are trying different things

They had to deal with a year of fake outrage over Titanforging.
    That's like applauding a restaurant for having liquid shit on their menu, cause it's different.

"No one else is serving this, you gotta give it to them"

This sounds interesting, but I feel like all this means is: A badge upgrade system convoluted with debuffs. So from what I understand, the more corruption you have the more powerful the boons are - and in return, if you don't have the proper resistance built up against it (However you get it), the debuffs start to become debilitating if not down right impossible to deal with.

AKA Time gating. Not exactly awful, especially since this may encourage players with higher skill levels to deal with the annoyances and get more out of their gear. But I still struggle to see why we still can't have gear upgrading back. It's what Titanforging replaced and is objectively worse having to just HOPE for an entirely new piece of gear that is an upgrade, versus upgrading on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Friend, if your mythic progression hinges on what is essentially getting a titanforge proc - maybe reconsider the skill ceiling and stick to more forgiving difficulties.

If it does not - you probably won’t even notice the system’s impact.
    Thanks for clarifying that you have no clue about mythic raiding.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seasonal Alteration on Items from the raids.... with positives and negatives

Sound 1000% bettter than Titanforging.

Its just like Path of Exile..... and you know, people love PoE positive and negative gear. WHo would of thought about having negative if you want positives would be better.

Hu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Why whine before you've seen it in action? IMO, this is one of the best gear ideas ever, if done properly.
    You can test it on the ptr right now so this isnt before weve seen it and the negative effects arent worth the negligible increase except the crit damage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    But I still struggle to see why we still can't have gear upgrading back. It's what Titanforging replaced and is objectively worse having to just HOPE for an entirely new piece of gear that is an upgrade, versus upgrading on a whim.
    Because people should hunt after items and not just (upgrade)points.

Not that i like Titanforging or this corrupted stuff, but i can see why they are reluctant to re introduce an upgrade system, you should kill a boss and get excited over loot, not <You receive XXX Upgrade points>.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Its just like Path of Exile..... and you know, people love PoE positive and negative gear.
    I don't.
    Matter of fact, i'm not a huge fan of games like Diablo or PoE to begin, among others things due to its random loot system.
    But i guess the "joke" of World of Diablocraft really comes now full circle.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-10-23 at 04:38 PM.

For those on the PTR:

1) Can all gear forge corrupted or just raid gear? Like can mythic+ gear be corrupted?

2) If other gear cannot, do they still titanforge?

Just open your eyes. The solution to all your problems with corruption is called corruption resistance. It will be definitely possible to run a pair of those without any downside at some point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    For those on the PTR:

1) Can all gear forge corrupted or just raid gear? Like can mythic+ gear be corrupted?

2) If other gear cannot, do they still titanforge?
    It seems that only raid gear can be corrupted and probably the mythic 10 chest one ??.
    And no, titanforge its dead. IDK about warforge tho

Can't you purify the shit? What's the issue here exactly? It sounds like a really good system compared to having to constantly run the same boss to max out what you could potentially get. Stop complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Pandaria was a great expansion, and had one of the best storylines present in a modern game in both viusals, variety, style and emotion all leading to an amazing lesson about why we fight.

((what does this have to do with corrupted gear??? Stay with me, all will be revealed! ^_^))

Pandaria had an amazing story that showcased a race enjoying life, embracing life in amusement, in fun, and also in folly and tragedy. It showed balance - it talked of being in the moment. It taught us that fighting to defend those beautiful things in life we value, our friends, our family, our homes - is the reason to fight. That to fight out of emotions of rage, anger, hate, greed, ect... will always leave a vacuum in our hearts that you will never fill.

...and Blizzard tried to sell that story to an audience who, for the past decade+, have been mentally conditioned and encouraged by Blizzard themselves that their reason to fight is for the acquisition of loot, for perfecting boss raids, constantly "upgrading" your specs, and to compare yourself and your guild to others... oh, and to PWN the enemy faction players as well in BGs for Honor points n' shit...

That leads me to corrupted gear.

Taken at face value, the idea of Corrupted Gear is a fantastic, clever, and randomly fun idea! ^_^

However, we're talking about an audience who for the past 15+ years, have been conditioned by Blizzard to min-max optimal statistics, perfect guild strategies, eliminate ANY potential errors or threats, and work as major teams to complete their goals for obtaining better gear.

Just like Pandaria's story and presentation, Blizz is selling a fun idea to an audience they wholehearted created/conditioned to avoid EXACTLY this kind of fun idea in favor of perfection - as perfection = upgrades in people's minds.

Outside of the solo player doing his own thing (and being chastized by random people he meets for not being "Guild Material"), I'm seriously expecting this to go over like a lead balloon. Not because it's a bad idea - but because Blizzard itself is trying to sell a fun silly idea to an audience it created that views fun silly ideas like this as pure poison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Nothing more boring and detrimental to the game than flat stats that do nothing.
    That's what tier sets are for.

Yay, more "content"

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because people should hunt after items and not just (upgrade)points.

Not that i like Titanforging or this corrupted stuff, but i can see why they are reluctant to re introduce an upgrade system, you should kill a boss and get excited over loot, not <You receive XXX Upgrade points>.
    I agree, which is another issue entirely with the super RNG drops we have now and no way to tweak them to our liking. Upgrading serves a different purpose, which is to provide something to do AFTER you get the piece of gear you want (Or if it's a lesser piece of gear, upgrading it in the mean time). It's a good system, and it provides a bit of longevity with some guaranteed character stat progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Most people just want easy to understand, plain jane gear that is a clear upgrade just by looking it.

Anything fun or interesting gets ruined by spreadsheet heroes blaming their gear on why they stuck at 3/8 after 4 months.

Working together as a guild to balance out the effects for their specific group is labeled as boring/lame/unfun busy work that gets in the way of their spreadsheets.
    ...you just described how it's not fun to plan out gear via spreadsheets and then described why you should work with your guild to plan out loot in the best manner...which would be via spreadsheets.

Blizzard themselves killed this in two ways: personal loot and RNG gear upgrades. Can't coordinate who gets the drops from a boss if everyone has an item generated in their inventory and then said item can't be delegated to someone who actually would see a significant increase.