Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    They'll have you even more when you AFK mid-air with nothing to do and complain about it.
    Actually when I run out of things to do I go play other games or level an alt.

In fact, this expansion will allow me to play alts again. Marvellous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post

Anima Power says hi

there will always be a grind
    But they have said it will not be a grind in the sense of how AP currently has been. I suspect it will not be the onerous experience we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    why so many people get this offended by someone not liking the same thing they do, and think “if you don’t like it don’t play” is a valid response to criticism is beyond me. it’s really authoritarian and sad

but please tell us more about toxicity
    If you don't like it, don't play. It's not authoritarian, it's logical for anyone with more than 2 brain cells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    They haven't gone far enough into how Covenants work yet. You're probably right, but I'll hold out hope until after tomorrows panel.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295990/...in-shadowlands

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No. We really told the story of the Alliance and Horde in Battle for Azeroth. The focus of this expansion is everyone going to the Shadowlands to face this new danger that's being unleashed. Certainly, you'll still be playing as Alliance or Horde but it's about the heroes of both factions working together to take on the threat. The faction war is behind us.

The Covenants don't care about Horde and Alliance. There's no Horde Covenant or Alliance Covenant, players are going to choose which Covenant they align with.
    For the most part, the idea that the factions could be weakened or overhauled was driven by some players seeing what they wanted to see. We were even specifically told before the summer that weakening the factions wasn't going to happen by Ion when he was asked if mercenary mode could extended into PVE and he responded with a passionate defence of the faction system.

Maybe that could be all upended tonight, but I really doubt it.

Could somebody inform me what exactly is making this xpack more "alt friendly" than previoud xpacks? I see multiple people claiming that in this thread. Blizzard has claimed legion and bfa as alt firendly upon reveal but their idea of alt friendliness is rather different from ours. So far Cataclysm's last patch Wod in general are the only time's we've truely had alt friendly xpacks. So what in shadowlands actually makes it more alt friendly? All I saw was some very vague description that you earn some covenant rep when you level.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steering away from RNG overload and meaningful solo content is all I needed. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Alt friendliness and level squish are their own full layer of the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    Could somebody inform me what exactly is making this xpack more "alt friendly" than previoud xpacks? I see multiple people claiming that in this thread. Blizzard has claimed legion and bfa as alt firendly upon reveal but their idea of alt friendliness is rather different from ours. So far Cataclysm's last patch Wod in general are the only time's we've truely had alt friendly xpacks. So what in shadowlands actually makes it more alt friendly? All I saw was some very vague description that you earn some covenant rep when you level.
    For starters, the level squish.

Secondly, once you hit max level and get set up with a Covenant, all future toons you take through the expansion get to start their endgame work before they hit max level. Including picking your Covenant early.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2019-11-02 at 08:54 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Who gives a crap about lore at thus point, the promised gameplay changes sound very interesting, i will hold my horses til the deep dive / Q&A though.

Yeah it looks great! Looking forward to it. The design looks cool, level 60 cap (so easier to level alts hopefully), no artifact system, death knights for everyone etc.

Might actually come back for 8.3 after this (didn't play since the start of BfA).

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Steering away from RNG overload and meaningful solo content is all I needed. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Alt friendliness and level squish are their own full layer of the cake.

For starters, the level squish.

Secondly, once you hit max level and get set up with a Covenant, all future toons you take through the expansion get to start their endgame work before they hit max level. Including picking your Covenant early.
    Those are what I saw, nothing in that screams of alt friendliness. We don't know enough about those covenants yet, but this so far sounds nothing more than what the artifact xp increases have done in legion and bfa. The weekly increase in xp did not make those xpacks alt friendly.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Why do people think they were going to remove reputation from the game altogether? It's an MMO, they have to have something there for you to grind, if they don't it's WoD. I really don't understand. It looks like the Anima Power is the version of AP everyone wanted in legion. You basically get welfare power for just existing, which everyone loved in 7.2.5 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The negativity comes from the fact that I feel very let down by what this expansion is offering. The features being advertised don't feel like expansion features, rather they feel like a combination of fixes to the mess that is BfA, and updates that should have been rolled out already. The fact that there is no big sexy hook to grab onto. It's just, in mu opinion, so very lackluster.
    A mage-tower like place which endless randomly generated levels which you can play solo or in group does sound like a sexy hook to me. Also:
    - level squish
    - 4 different sides to pick with new active abilities
    - new character customizations
    - complete class overhaul (for all classes)
    - Maw
    - better narration system for better story
    - Alt friendly features. If they dont screw this up you will be able to play your alt and not fall behind
    - Less RNG - you will be able to choose your item frok weekly chest
    - Legion like legendaries but with no RNG
    - reworked professions - now you can choose the stats you want
    - Scourge invasion on Azeroth 2.0
    - DK for everyone

So far there is not a single feature announced that sounds bad.

I am rather hyped.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-11-02 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Anyone else is hyped for Shadowlands?

Just finished watching wow panel and I can't wait to hear about it more. Why so much negativity?
    I was also very negative at the start because the first announcement was lackluster and the whole slyvanas shitting over the newly hyped LK was stupid.. but I am a lot more positive after listening to the wow panel.

Kind of hyped, but until the deep dive I have a lot of questions that raise concerns for me. Can we change covenants at will? Are the abilities going to be the same just titled differently? Is one going to be so OP we are forced into a choice we don’t want? Is the tower going to be mandatory and will I need the max people to max out rewards? Is “everyone gets to be a DK” the new class replacement? Is every class getting a specific xmog, because while I like some of these they would look completely out of place on certain classes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    if the grind is a finite one (weekly cap) and can come from a wide variety of sources so you can pick how you reach the cap then that is a good grind
    we got endless solo grind for legendaries in the Torghast
    it's a Diablo 4 promotion expansion
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-11-02 at 09:28 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just want to see class changes and in depth race customizations to fully decide if it's worth it. The areas look awesome, some really pretty, others darker and cool. Covens look very interesting! Vampires and Fae spirits especially! Can't wait to see the old dead characters with updated models like Kael'thas!

But all this won't matter if I don't enjoy my class. If they fix it, it will be gg buy.

Quote Originally Posted by kurigosh View Post
    can someone clarify me just one thing though...
    i like the expac and even being a bit sad we won't have new classes, i still don't get why we would not get allied races.

imagine being able to unlock these 4 covenant as allied races. idk, i just like having new races around and allied races was a wet dream
    i tought blizz would continue this, but i'm very sad to see that they are not.
    I would bet that there is a 95% chance we'll get allied races in Shadowlands, but they aren't announcing them yet and I understand why. They announced BFA would be getting Zandalari/ Kul Tirans and Dark Iron/Mag'har but they didn't come at launch which irritated a lot of people. Heck Zandalari/Kul Tiran got delayed due to models. They aren't going to repeat that mistake again until they are close like Mecha/Vulpera.

Easier to not announce it now and wait until they are closer too than announce it now and irritate a lot when it won't be in until 9.1 / 9.2

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    we got endless solo grind for legendaries in the Torghast
    it's a Diablo 4 promotion expansion
    we need more details on the legendary but I would much rather a grind for a legendary than AP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I would bet that there is a 95% chance we'll get allied races in Shadowlands, but they aren't announcing them yet and I understand why. They announced BFA would be getting Zandalari/ Kul Tirans and Dark Iron/Mag'har but they didn't come at launch which irritated a lot of people. Heck Zandalari/Kul Tiran got delayed due to models. They aren't going to repeat that mistake again until they are close like Mecha/Vulpera.

Easier to not announce it now and wait until they are closer too than announce it now and irritate a lot when it won't be in until 9.1 / 9.2
    if we do that will probably be the last Allied Race. I am also surprised they didn't announce a new class.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinosaur View Post
    Only one thing worries me - how am I going to farm mogs and mounts now?
    what you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    - Boring and uninspired continent pulled out of their buttocks, instead of an actual place established on Azeroth in the lore.
    - Sylvanas again.
    - No class, no races, no class overhauls, no 4th specs, nothing of the traditional heavy-weight features.
    - Armour sets shown so far look boring and uninspired, and they seem to be carrying over BfA's design philosophy where one set is meant to fit four classes.
    - Covenants could become interesting, a sort of scaled back version of Class orders, but their rewards so far look weak and the choice is basically just which Covenant thematically fits a class best. It's not like a Druid will ever pick any other Covenant than the Night Fae. Again, this is Blizzard's way of adding similar depth as we saw in Legion, but homogenised and shrunk down so that one Covenant can fit 3-4 classes.
    - So far it's very light on world content and other features. Nothing like Pet battles, mount updates, etc. No significant news on Professions yet other than a few indicative words from Ion at the end of his presentation.

I don't know. I feel like this expansion took all of our hopes and expectations and chucked them in the bin, and then replaced them with some weird Sylvanas obsession they've got going on over at Blizzard HQ.
    Did you watch the panel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Nothing about it looks even remotely amazing.
    You really don't, indeed.
    Hi

If you came to these forums looking for a morsel of positivity, you will be sorely disappointed

Looks really promising so far. Counting down the hours to the deep dive!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Can you describe what's amazing about the expansion for those of us who've not watched the panel?
    Level squish.
    No AP
    Alt friendly
    repeatable 1-5 player content

The big things for me.