Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been up and down on my opinion about this expansion but reading the kyrian class abilities has me hyped. The paladin ability where you cast divine shield/judgement/holy shock on everyone around you sounds amazing, and having that solo tower content sounds perfect for me since I cant fully commit go raiding nowadays.

I was disappointed at first with no new class but I think it will be for the better in the end. Hype!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    you don’t see how responding to criticism by insulting the person making the criticism and telling them to stop complaining and get out is authoritarian?

because they said so basically.

all they really announced is that alts will get to start their max level grinds at level 50 instead of 60. that ms a whole 1-2 weeks based on how slow you level. they also promised no AP grind, then announced Anima Points the same day. so yeah I’ll believe this “alt friendliness” when I see it.
    ...No? If you don't like something, don't play it. I don't like Classic, I don't play it. -?-

3+ Year Old Account
    If they promise this is the last expansion with Sylvanas, I'll agree.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't understand the fascination people here have with new classes. Do you people swap mains every time a new class is released?
    • A different class to play with?
    • Shaking up the meta?
    • More diversity in the class line-up?

Also: do you think there's anything wrong with players who swap mains every expansion? Especially considering new expansions usually come with heavy class changes?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Well fuck off and dont play it or wow. Take your toxicity to your therapist.
    Poor little fanboy, did i strike a nerve?

The zones look nice because the art team is always great but outside of that it's just gonna be dailies again. Same old chores and a gear reset every 3 months. Farm mounts and pets yada yada.

Right now, the expansion remains not good for me.

First off, no word on the future of Titanforging / Corrupted.
    The fact that they didn't even talk about that during the first panel worries me, they know people don't like this system and now my biggest fear is that they use corrupted as the starting point as some sort of "seasonal theme" for gearing.
    I don't want it, i want straight forward gearing progression.

Next to that, Professions.
    If their best attempt at "fixing professions" is that you now don't have to craft an X times but can choose the stats, i am disappointed, yet that is seemingly the only thing worth presenting at Blizzcon.
    It's a good change don't get me wrong, but let's be honest, Professions are still mostly trash features right now, this change doesn't really fix that.

Lastly, Weekly rewards.
    I had hoped that when they showed Weekly reward, they would just remove them.
    I don't want weekly rewards, it's just bait to keep people playing despite them not having a realistic chance at upgrades.
    The only weekly rewards i want are a form of Currency (Arena Points) and the ID Reset, that's enough for me.

Weekly rewards just overrewards people with gear from content they should not have, let people have gear from the content they are doing, not fool them into this weekly chore to do X because it rewards (or has a chance) an upgrade.

Also, both Warfronts and Island Expeditions have absolutely spoiled me on any expansion based repeatable activity, so that Tower of the Damned is something that i am rather critical off right now, especially if it seemingly needs to be done to get Legendaries (Hello more weekly chores!).
    I mean, they didn't talk about the gameplay of it outside of being able to choose some bonus / effect, so it could be anything.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-11-02 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Anyone else is hyped for Shadowlands?

Just finished watching wow panel and I can't wait to hear about it more. Why so much negativity?
    Its the most lackluster expansion with almost no hype behind it. Players are burned out on Sylvanas. Nothing new added other than a squish. only 4 zones and everyone knows that the covenant talents are going to be a fucking nightmare for balancing. Blizzard had to develer a Amazing hype filled announcement to regain peoples trust and bring back the millions of players they lost in BFA. Shadowlands wont do that . If you didnt like BFA there is no reason to comeback for Shadowlands, despite a few cosmetic things . More Ap grinding in the form of Anima , more Borrowed talents, no sense of actually getting stronger , and no word on the horrible class changes being reversed or changed. The white KNights will love it and the sheep will buy it, everyone else will stay away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    There's an asston of negativity on this forum.
    No its on Twitter, reddit, FAcebook and other gaming groups. Not just MMO C
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    They had me when they announced the death of the AP grind.
    Anima wil be the new grind. Its amazing people think " Blizzard listened and they made changes" Then come launch we find out they didnt listen because all that lip service they did was just to get back players that have left, but Game development is and always will be from them now, About keeping MAU up. There will be Ap grinds, there will be other useless grinds. Talents will be made irrelevant quickly, and what "new" systems they are trying will fail. This expansion has the feel of making promises that wont be kept and lots of "content" cut at the last minute when Beta doesnt go the way they thought. I wont be buying this expansion until its been out for atleast 1-3 months if I buy it at all. This dev teams has proven time and time again. they just dont have the ability to put out engaging content or a decent story
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-11-02 at 12:54 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Its the most lackluster expansion with almost no hype behind it. Players are burned out on Sylvanas. Nothing new added other than a squish. only 4 zones and everyone knows that the covenant talents are going to be a fucking nightmare for balancing. Blizzard had to develer a Amazing hype filled announcement to regain peoples trust and bring back the millions of players they lost in BFA. Shadowlands wont do that . If you didnt like BFA there is no reason to comeback for Shadowlands, despite a few cosmetic things . More Ap grinding in the form of Anima , more Borrowed talents, no sense of actually getting stronger , and no word on the horrible class changes being reversed or changed. The white KNights will love it and the sheep will buy it, everyone else will stay away

- - - Updated - - -

No its on Twitter, reddit, FAcebook and other gaming groups. Not just MMO C
    I am sorry you exist, Truly

I'm quite hyped. The factions look fun, the whole afterlife aspect looks nice, and the level squish should have come ages ago. Would have hated WotLK 2.0, now they are doing something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikaidoboss View Post
    I am sorry you exist, Truly
    LOL coming form a 7 year old account with 3 posts? And you didnt refute anything I Said, just made some edgy remark. Weak. Very very weak .

LOL coming form a 7 year old account with 3 posts? And you didnt refute anything I Said, just made some edgy remark. Weak. Very very weak .
    There's a reason I have 3 posts , I am not petty enough to argue with people I don't know over the internet.
    But I loved everything that was announced in the what's next
    I couldn't care less about a new class I'd rather they juice up the existing ones to be back again to Legion Level
    The Covenant abilities if you read the ones people saw at demo look to be super strong cooldowns / spells and they definitely will change the way classes play and that is only 1 covenant out of 4 and there is still the Soul Binder system with the new talent trees
    As well as all the class revamp they said will be talked about today, people at Blizzcon mentioned things like paladins having no holy power anymore.
    Also there is still the new legendary system which was compared to legion with ability / rotation altering effects , All that while removing the RNG fest that has been building up since legion into BFA
    Plus incredibly looking zone / art

From story aspect not everyone hates sylvanas, she of all the main characters has been through the most and she has worked every moment since she became the banshee queen to get strong enough to prevent the torture she's been through from happening to her or the forsaken.

To me personally the story would turn to complete shit if they made her into a true villain and that her actions were just evil and not for the greater good at any cost.
    I hope her purpose would be preparing us somehow to go against an enemy that we would never stand a chance against otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The fact that there is no big sexy hook to grab onto. It's just, in mu opinion, so very lackluster.
    Like a new class that most people wont bother with anyway? cause this is the most hilarious complain i read, just look at dhs, how many still play a dh? yep, its always the same "hurr durr blizz why no new class to use for 5 days" lul.

There's a reason I have 3 posts , I am not petty enough to argue with people I don't know over the internet.
    But I loved everything that was announced in the what's next
    I couldn't care less about a new class I'd rather they juice up the existing ones to be back again to Legion Level
    The Covenant abilities if you read the ones people saw at demo look to be super strong cooldowns / spells and they definitely will change the way classes play and that is only 1 covenant out of 4 and there is still the Soul Binder system with the new talent trees
    As well as all the class revamp they said will be talked about today, people at Blizzcon mentioned things like paladins having no holy power anymore.
    Also there is still the new legendary system which was compared to legion with ability / rotation altering effects , All that while removing the RNG fest that has been building up since legion into BFA
    Plus incredibly looking zone / art

From story aspect not everyone hates sylvanas, she of all the main characters has been through the most and she has worked every moment since she became the banshee queen to get strong enough to prevent the torture she's been through from happening to her or the forsaken.

To me personally the story would turn to complete shit if they made her into a true villain and that her actions were just evil and not for the greater good at any cost.
    I hope her purpose would be preparing us somehow to go against an enemy that we would never stand a chance against otherwise
    LMAo wow. Sylvie is not turning good . Thats just not gonna happen, they have ruined that chance and the Horde doing so . As for class changes? They havenot hinted that they will be fixed. Everything is the typical PR bullshit they spin before every Expansion. Anyone with half a brain would be very skeptical of anything they said. These are the same devs that ruined Azshara, Ny'alotha and the old gods to a mere patch . And then we have the clusterfuck of the corrupted gear.

If you are a slyvie fanboy and you think they will give her a redeemed story arc, then that would make Shadowlands The absolute worst fucking garabge they have ever spewed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    Like a new class that most people wont bother with anyway? cause this is the most hilarious complain i read, just look at dhs, how many still play a dh? yep, its always the same "hurr durr blizz why no new class to use for 5 days" lul.
    WTF are you talking about, I have seen DHS all over the place , and the few friends i have left that play all play a DH

LMAo wow. Sylvie is not turning good . Thats just not gonna happen, they have ruined that chance and the Horde doing so . As for class changes? They havenot hinted that they will be fixed. Everything is the typical PR bullshit they spin before every Expansion. Anyone with half a brain would be very skeptical of anything they said. These are the same devs that ruined Azshara, Ny'alotha and the old gods to a mere patch . And then we have the clusterfuck of the corrupted gear.

If you are a slyvie fanboy and you think they will give her a redeemed story arc, then that would make Shadowlands The absolute worst fucking garabge they have ever spewed out.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF are you talking about, I have seen DHS all over the place , and the few friends i have left that play all play a DH
    Guess I was right not wanting to respond , Fuck your whore mother and good day sir

I am a dh myself, but the point still stands, the amount of people that tried dh cause "its the expansion hook" vs the people that are still dh today, its just all empty hype, "blizz give me a new class to try and drop in 5 days".

Guess I was right not wanting to respond , Fuck your whore mother and good day sir
    Yikes you have some serious anger issues. Are you ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    I am a dh myself, but the point still stands, the amount of people that tried dh cause "its the expansion hook" vs the people that are still dh today, its just all empty hype, "blizz give me a new class to try and drop in 5 days".
    Dude, you cant go any where with out seeing DH all over the damn place. They have to be one of the most played classes out there

Dude, you cant go any where with out seeing DH all over the damn place. They have to be one of the most played classes out there
    And monks? where are they? dh has a high population but again the point still stands, people that tried dh on legion vs people that are dh today? people that tried monk on mop vs people that are monks today? most people complain about "unfinished" or "rushed" expansion just cause no new class when most likely they wont even play it, its retarded.

The main things I'm curious about from their wording is if they FINALLY figured out a good way to do alternate advancement and get rid of having to raise the level cap each expansion. That and the tower, which could provide interesting solo/small group content if you don't want to do M+ or raid or pvp. It sounds like Diablo's Rift concept, but that in and of itself isn't bad.

I'm not super excited, but most of it sounds good.