Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    can u name to me a single RPG game where the more u invest and play in it, the weaker u get? just a single rpg game, i'll wait, probably forever (beside wow)
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level squish is what the game needed beacuse adding levela over levels in 15 years resulted in a mess
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Squish is nice, it was boring to have to go through every xpac to get to endgame. Levels, dps, stats are numbers, I agree to keep them not too high. Levels at 2 digits, item level under 500, dps under 100K it's more readable.

Nothing is wiped. Your level 120 becomes 50. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they suddenly turned your level 120 into 1000, would you feel stronger just because the number is higher?

I thought our Characters remained 120 outside of Shadowlands and become level 50 inside the Shadowlands expansion zones.

so u playing a rpg game, can't wait to lvl to lose power, lvls, abilities and skills?
    can u name to me a single RPG game where the more u invest and play in it, the weaker u get? just a single rpg game, i'll wait, probably forever (beside wow)
    You don't lose anything because of level squish. All they change is the number.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    How exactly is 13+ years of progression going down the toilet? I'll refrain from telling you how pathetically stupid you are until you can explain yourself.

How can you be excited? I preordered the xpac and it said I'll get boost to lvl 120 and right after I heard they'll wipe 120 characters to 50. That is just big scam... they should mention it in SHOP that characters will squish to 50 so people can think twice if they'll buy the expansion.
    But I guess by not mentioning that they'll get more preorders...
    Why does that matter? It’s not like it’s “use this 120 boost then get knocked down to 50 so you have to level back up to 120. 50 is the new 120. You’ll still have access to all of the top level stuff you have now. Then you’ll level to 60 when SL releases

Quote Originally Posted by Xetsuo View Post
    I thought our Characters remained 120 outside of Shadowlands and become level 50 inside the Shadowlands expansion zones.
    Nope.

/10char

so u playing a rpg game, can't wait to lvl to lose power, lvls, abilities and skills?
    Less numbers doesn't mean weaker. We are gaining abilities not losing them, and you get something every level while leveling up. Sounds like wins all around. Still have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the problems with the expansion, the squish is what you're worried about?

Progression is relative. The numbers are just markers, it's not going to change the way the game is played or they way it feels. For all I care they could have given us 9 levels, one per expansion. However the reasoning behind the level squish is that they want character progression from 0 to 120 (130) to feel meaningful. Every level should give you something. With 130 levels it's never going to feel meaningful.

If you want this game to continue to grow it needs to appeal to a new fresh young player base. 130 levels gets in the way of that so they changed it.

To distract yourself from the horror of squishes, I suggest you start measuring your favorite body part in millimeters so it can be "larger".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Are you going by what NK said?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    Right now you get to 60 with 2 Kalimdor/eastern kingsdoms zones, so I imagine you will be able to finish 4-5 zones for 10-50.
    I'm actualy looking forward to the squish. I havent quested in most of the revamp Cata zones yet ( you outlevel them too fast) so alot of it is going to be new for me
    This is pretty true. My last toon i took through Azeroth was a KT and i think I did Duskwood and Swamp of sorrows.

I am personally excited about the prospect of just picking one expansion's questing experience and level 1-50 solely through that.

And while I am not too excited about the level squish just like how I am not overly thrilled with stat squishes, I think it is a good move that hopefully remove the super long gap between the aquisition of new abilities and talents whilst leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    No idea why people are attached to a lvl number. This doesn't sound like a slap to face it feels like "hey wee listen and understand".

After the squish levels will matter once more instead of just 10lvls being filler with nothing gained.
    Levels 1-60/1-120/1-xxx could be turned into red/yellow/green because in the end its just a meaningless 1-2 day worth of introduction and nothing more. You need level 60/120/green to do anything meaningfull in the game anyways.

At least there is classic for all the people who cant deal with any kind of changes.
    -

That was pretty funny to read, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's just a random number. Who cares? It makes it look less intimidating for new players.
    Please DONT spread this Blizzard fed strawmen argument as it is not true! New players these days start at (max level - 10) because of the boosts
    and instantly can level the last 10 level together with their friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Levels have always been pointless. Who cares?
    And THIS is the REAL problem in a RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Less numbers doesn't mean weaker. We are gaining abilities not losing them
    No we dont YOU dont gain ANY new abilities!

Quote Originally Posted by insert random number View Post
    Progression is relative. The numbers are just markers, it's not going to change the way the game is played or they way it feels. For all I care they could have given us 9 levels, one per expansion. However the reasoning behind the level squish is that they want character progression from 0 to 120 (130) to feel meaningful. Every level should give you something. With 130 levels it's never going to feel meaningful.
    So with the shortest level time EVER and ZERO new abilities leveling becomes meaningful in shadowland how?
    YOu gonna spend less time leveling then EVER before in Shadowlands.

What a stupid thread...