Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    ilevel became the RPG levelling experience that actual levelling was in vanilla in WotLK (gearscore).

ilevel is really what determines your character's power progression not levels, so it makes sense to rethink and update levels and levelling to stop it being arbitrarily long time sink before you can start the 'real'/main part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needed to happen sooner or later. Better sooner than later. I think it's fine but I still think they should've gone with some kind of prestige system where you get to level 50, 60 or 100 or whatever then after that you'll reset down to level 1 but you'll have some sort of icon or symbol on your portrait signifying that you prestiged. I think it would've been a better thing to do rather just resetting it to 60.

It's just, to me, level squishing seems like a lazy solution. I feel like they could've done something more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    So what’s going to happen with our achievements for hitting 120? Feats of strength? Something tells me we won’t be getting more levels after shadowlands
    Same thing that happened to the weapon skill Achievements I would guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    Currently a level 80 twink is 66.66% of the max of 120.

So 66.66% of the new max of 60 is 39.99 so basically you're level 80 twinks will be level 40.

What's so hard to get about that, they're scaling everything down.
    Wrong. 120=50 not 60. 80 will be 33.3. Divide by 2.4; not 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    You do realize you're still leveling 120 to 130 right? It's not like you're not adding another 10 levels lul.

50-60 = 120-130
    Out!!! Out with your logic and sense!!!! We will have none of that here!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

While its strange to lose the levels, the power that comes with them won't be lost, right? So its not really a problem. The problem is, what about the next xpack? Will we start leveling 10 extra levels? The problem they are trying to fix.. might come back in time. Then what? Reset to 60 again? Meh. There gotta be a better solution

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Because it is not fun to level 1-120 now. They need to fix that, this is an excellent way to fix it. You can also now enjoy an xpac - in today's WoW I spend a few hours in many xpacs, never getting all that far, before I have to move on.

So, with a clear focus on : what is the most fun for *Shadowlands* - and if that sacrifices everything, does it really matter? No, it doesn't. Past events were meant for past times - if they were fun then, then 100% success. Sunk Cost Fallacy is a really good read - helped me to focus on what is, not what used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    It's just, to me, level squishing seems like a lazy solution. I feel like they could've done something more creative.
    I agree, with a death-themed xpac seems like some sort of sacrifice was in order and we could even have had 120s become 1s and the new level cap is 10.
    Last edited by Fixi; 2019-12-02 at 09:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    What charecter progression is being wiped?
    50-120 is not a wipe, its just a number being changed,
    did you acidently forget to post the 13 years or whatever being deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just another pointless number reroll in a game will with number rolls and rerolls. Did you expect anything but talk of numbers, rolling them, and them getting rerolled? Its basically all the game has become.

If the # in front of your character is "progression" to you, shut up, stop playing, and get a life.

I think this is the best change in years to be honest ....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Smith View Post
    I think this is the best change in years to be honest ....
    Agreed!

I also dont understand why people think that rescaling the leveling process / changing the max level takes away any progress....
    Think these people also dont swap jobs, since all progress made in their job will be lost.

However your progress from your last job is actually the reason why you can move on and make the next step in your career.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how this will work with Dungeons and non-max lvl characters? For example, i have a couple of DHs fresh out of their starting zone, standing in front of a couple of dungeons just to do them daily with them (I WANT THOSE MOUNTS!), if i'm not max lvl, will the dungeons scale with me? how feasible would be for me to do a WTLK dungeon with a demon hunter since the start?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixi View Post
    I agree, with a death-themed xpac seems like some sort of sacrifice was in order and we could even have had 120s become 1s and the new level cap is 10.
    First, level 10 cap sound ridiculous. Second, how it would repair 1-120 being spreaded too thin and discouraging potential new players? Early game was problem that caused squish, not fear of number 130.

Hwer mi bigg numb3rz go!?

What wierdo gives a fuck about levels?

Wow is and always has been about end game, levels are meaningless except to be a barrier between the player and end game. To drip feed them skills to learn at a set pace and prep them for end game.