Poll: Did Blizzard redeem themselves with the D4 Announcment?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Out of all the announcements yesterday Diablo is the one I care most about. If they would have offered a pre-order I would have taken it.

I have well over 1000 hours in D2 and D3 each, so I enjoyed them quite a bit overall. They definitely messed up with the auction house stuff in D3 and fixed it later on. Other than that I would say the game could have used a lot more content updates.

D4 so far is pretty underwhelming to me. It looks like D3 with better graphics and blood painted everywhere in a lazy attempt to make the game more "dark". I am glad druids are back, but hopefully the game looks a lot better between now and release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    I have well over 1000 hours in D2 and D3 each, so I enjoyed them quite a bit overall. They definitely messed up with the auction house stuff in D3 and fixed it later on. Other than that I would say the game could have used a lot more content updates.

D4 so far is pretty underwhelming to me. It looks like D3 with better graphics and blood painted everywhere in a lazy attempt to make the game more "dark". I am glad druids are back, but hopefully the game looks a lot better between now and release.
    Agreed. It does feel a little, 12 year old edgelord-y. Covering everything in blood doesn't make something 'dark'.

Also, the game really doesn't feel very innovative or forward facing. Pretty much every major feature is just 'look at this, we brought back your favorite feature from D1/2/3'. I was hoping for a lot more than just chasing nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Your argument the entire time was fairly weak.

Look at the d3 action bar, look at the D4. Minus ui elements looking different it's still the same shit.
    Because it's a Diablo ARPG: you have health and resource, and your skills and potions. Mind blown.

Look at the reveal gameplay for D3 and compare it to D4. Identical.[/quote]
    It's still the same thing: you get skills as you level up and sort them out as you prefer in your action bar.

You are mistaken by your understanding of gameplay. Diablo 2 vs 3 do not have the same 'gameplay.' They both play like an ARPG, but they just don't play the same. Just like how that ps2 everquest game is an APRG but gameplay is completely different. Learn some differentiation, please. I see no difference in the way d3 plays vs the way d4 plays. Skills were changed a little bit. It's the same system of play.
    You write a lot but say nothing.

It's still the same gameplay: you level up your character, getting new skills and better gear as you face stronger monsters.

You keep saying "it's the same gameplay". Well, again: no shit, sherlock.

No, stats have changed from d1-3. You are 100% entirely, could not be further away from the truth. This applies to all of your points.
    Haalth and resource. Strength/dexterity/intelligence. The only difference is that in D3 classes have different resources while in D1/2 all had mana. And funny how you claim D4 is a "reskin" of D3 when the game has runes, something D3 did not have and are much more interesting than simply gems, if you played D2 in any shape or form.

Blizz were on fire from their shit show of a blizzcon / treatment of fans from last year. This shit was rushed.
    For all your baseless claims of "you couldn't be further from the truth", you do love to be "the furthest form the truth". A solid demo ready for Blizzcon means it was "rushed". No release date announced means it was "rushed".

It has nothing to do with the sum of content, it's the type of game D4 will end up being. A clone of D3 with a few changes. You can rush ideas, it doesn't have to be actual release items.
    Then you don't know what you're talking about. "Rushing ideas". Because of course Blizzard's meeting to decide how D4 will be like, everyone would be "Go go go, ideas! We don't have much time! Hurry hurry!" but then for actual game development, everyone is like "chillax, dude. Take a break, life is to be savored."

D4 is a fuckin' reskin of D3. Prove me wrong.
    "Prove me wrong". Sorry, but all this childish "come at me bro!" deserves is a laugh.

I'm sorry, but the burden of proof here it's on you. You're the one who has to prove it's a "reskin of D3".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    No, you're wrong.
    D2/3 are completely different. You just don't get it.

It's not about rushing to complete D4. It's about rushing their ideas, which then results in garbage.
    Sounds like someone has no idea what they're talking about.

Sure, but what did they need redeeming from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not very keen on the idea that you can, eventually, max out all your skills.

Honestly it feels like it's a really long ways away. Truthfully it felt like all of BlizzCon announcements were for games 2021 or 2022 aside from the WoW expansion. Odds are good Diablo4 and OW2 aren't seen until they can be fully developed on next generation concoles and I doubt they will be early games on them either.

I was gonna say yes, then I watched the stream, basically seasons will be just as rubbish as D3 ones (few crappy cosmetics n such, their new content will be in expansions every 1.5-2yrs apart) unlike POE which gives actual new content/zones every 3 months.
    Last edited by Dorfadin; 2019-11-03 at 04:33 PM.

Not really. All I know now is that they did announce D:I because they absolutely had nothing at all to show last year for D4, they barely had anything this year.

I'm also still not sure (I need to reread all the bullet points tomorrow on my way to work) if I can actually play the game solo or if I will be forced into some shared world bullshit I have 0 interest in. Especially after the stupid "I just kill them" answer to that question.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    what are your thoughts so far?
    I feel like they had to release something this year, another year of no Diablo would put a big rage in the community. But they are clearly not close to being done.

Pretty unsure.
    But to those saying d3=d4, we don't know what d4 is. The gameplay, minus being an isometric arpg, looks like d3 because they were whipped into giving us something. We don't know how d4 is.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

I played the demo and it was amazing! The druid animations are so smooth. So my friend and I sat down and this guy sits down with I guess his daughter. He asks if we want to group up and we say yes to be polite. He starts telling us about the game a bit and my friend asks if hes played the demo before. He said "yeah, I'm the lead developer!"

It was awesome! he took us to the world boss we got some legendaries and then we went to the hardest dungeon in the demo. We cleared that just in time. We were so star struck we forgot to take a picture. I did look him up because I don't know developers by face. He was Jesse McCree. Easily the highlight of Blizzcon, I just wish I got a picture.

I did run the demo again as a sorc and barb.

Nothing can redeem anyone for those who have decided to hate them. They announced major sequels to all their big games - this has never been before. But it's still not good and for those who get their daily dose of hormonal bliss by hating on Blizzard nothing will be good enough.

While it was dissapointing that they announced Diablo Immortal instead of D4 last year, there is no redemption needed. D4 is no where near finished. Its at least 2 years away. Too far away imo to be announcing a game. I hate it when games are announced and dont release within a year. Especially when its from a big studio like blizz who can hold off on announcing games until they feel they are a year out.

We now know D4 has been in development for a few years. We know from leaks that D4 was going to be announced last year but its no where near done just like this year its no where near done. Immortal is going to come out b4 D4 so announcing it b4 made sense.

Blizz did the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Looks good so far.

Would like for there to be more than 3 classes though.

Did they redeem themselves? Well... not really, cause they still took their fans for granted. Who knows if this would've even happened if people didn't make a fuss about immortal.
    Except it was already known, already established that D4 was in development. Hell, it was in development twice.

/facepalm

And they've confirmed 5 classes, they just showed 3 of them for now.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I tuned into the D4 announcement hoping Blizz would answer 1 question: why play D4 instead of other games, or even other ARPGs? I did not get an answer. It looks good. I don't see any glaring issues. I just don't see what makes it exceptional.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

We cant say they redeemed themselves as long as the game isnt out... Just look at the hype behind D3 during early review and beta, and look at the massive pile of shit we ended up getting at launch, which took almost a year (and "firing" the dude in charge at launch) to fix to finally have a good enough game...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except it was already known, already established that D4 was in development. Hell, it was in development twice.

/facepalm

And they've confirmed 5 classes, they just showed 3 of them for now.
    Thanks for the late news. I already know. Post has 2 days man.

Also, no the Diablo 4 in development then was still in flux. They might have gone in a different direction like the rumored Souls knock-off if the fans didn't speak out against immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Thanks for the late news. I already know. Post has 2 days man.

Also, no the Diablo 4 in development then was still in flux. They might have gone in a different direction like the rumored Souls knock-off if the fans didn't speak out against immortal.
    The idea that they basically changed genres on account of the reaction to Immortal is 100% Grade-A speculation on your part. They have always had a reputation for being an 'iterative to a fault' company - they threw away years and millions of dollars of work on Titan and ended up with Overwatch, and a mobile game didn't have anything to do with it.

The reaction to DI was because of its platform and the lack of proper 'PC Diablo' announcements, not because of its genre or camera angle or being a souls-like or whatever. So it isn't like the format of D4 needed to be changed on account of that reaction.

It needed to be shown.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-11-04 at 04:04 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Nope.
    The game is still so far off that most things they say now is piss in the wind and useless information.
    So much will change in the game in the 3-5 year it still has to be made that anything mentioned now is just a waste.

Take it all as a grain of salt least you be blamed for being hyped on what they tell you only to be disappointed when blizz also removes it after getting you hyped with it.

Redemption? No, not even close right now.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-11-08 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If they give it to us free for pre-paying for WOW subscription then I might get it and play through it once.
    This is so ridicolous that its not even a troll. Its just... well.. i wont say what because that would probably be an infraction.

OnT: Yes!