View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Now for the less sarcastic response: instead of complaining, push for the best of both worlds: DO NOT ALLOW FLYING IN WAR MODE. Simple fix, been saying it since Warmode was announced. Awesome, I know.

You want flying, I want to play the game and be able to WPvP properly; you won't be in Warmode, I will. Seriously just spam blizzard with no flying in Warmode and I won't give a shit if flying is implemented at the start of the expansion because it won't effect me.
    While I agree entirely that flying should be disabled in Warmode, Blizzard also want people to play with Warmode on. Simply put, if people had to make a choice between playing with Warmode on and playing with flying, you'd find very few people in Warmode.

The sad reality of WPvP is that most people don't actually care about it at all. They'll go Warmode for the extra rewards only.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Always a sign your argument has no merit, or you have no valid argument when you resort to reductio ad absurdum.
    No just flying over all enemies straight to a target with no resistance is ridiculous in an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Yeh I'm skipping cyberpunk too because I can't fly damn immersion
    Thats a very stupid comparison
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    I'm not preordering either just because of that

No just flying over all enemies straight to a target with no resistance is ridiculous in an rpg.
    We have had flying since TBC, that genie is out of the bottle and flying was part of the game.And since we have dragons and Grypons as mounts its very much part of the RPG.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I could have sworn people claimed they were quitting the last few expansions over this. Yet here they are again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder has been exactly the same for three expansions now. This was not some shocking announcement and I'm surprised that anyone would believe it was.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It isn't wrong to hope that a game I used to love would change something I hate. I haven't enjoyed this at all in BFA, and didn't buy Legion until right before flying was added, so I'll probably just sit this one out for a year unless raiding looks amazing. The only reason I bothered with BFA at the start was to keep my raid spot, but just not sure I care enough about that anymore to tolerate another year of garbage no flying.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Continued evidence that Blizz is being cheap for this expansion.

There is literally no need for this except that they don't want to spend the effort to design the world to account for flying. They did it for BC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP. They wanted to cheap out in WoD, but people fussed at them so much that they had to back down. But since they had already been super cheap building the WoD zones, they needed some sort of excuse to buy themselves time to finish building out the WoD zones...thus the pathfinder achievement was born.

Because so many fanboys bought the excuse of a new direction, they've decided to continue the process. Giving you less with each expansion since then. People need to start standing up to Blizz's BS.

I really wish they would just make flying into a buyable thing again. Sure push it back until a later patch but it really sucks for returning players months after pathfinder is out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Next on MMOChamps horror stories: ION CONFIRMED THAT LFR IS STILL A THING.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does makes me sad, to be fair, i have not completed 1 Pathfinder since WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    We have had flying since TBC, that genie is out of the bottle and flying was part of the game.And since we have dragons and Grypons as mounts its very much part of the RPG.
    It had to be earned which pathfinder is...should pathfinder be available in 9.0 is more the question buying it with gold like BC is silly since gold is meaningless these days

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard sure does like making their game worse. It's their game i guess so if they wan't to be worse then it could be then whatever.

I wouldn't give a shit about having to earn flying later (even though it's is HIGHLY illogical), were it not for the fact that their world designers take a perverse delight in making the terrain an absolute fucking nightmare to navigate by ground.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I have mixed feelings about flying.

I understand how it destroys some aspects of the game. For instance, after doing to the BfA pathfinder I realized so many of the intricacies of Boralus are lost when you can just fly everything. Flying is cheap, sort like doing a segway tour of ancient rome.

But to the other side of the coin I find it completely frustrating when they design a zone like Nazjatar where flying is an absolute necessity to enjoy the zone at all.

My personal feelings are they should just remove path finder and calibrate on zone design. Its completely fine to design some zones to be ground-only and have others that are designed with flying in mind right off the bat.

Still didn't present anything other than your opinion , and you used a ridiculous, nonsenical point to portray it.

The lack of flying does break immersion in an rpg when it was something that previously earned unless it is explained in a way that makes sense, mop did this - mists surrounding pandaria making it difficult to navigate. it kinda sucks when you have a mechanic that's earned that then gets taken away in a way that makes no sense.

gear and power diminishing when leveling up does make sense in a way as we are facing stronger and stronger foes, yet your flying mount suddenly forgetting how to fly doesn't.

Should just be that once you have completed Loremaster for a zone you can fly in it.

Woohoo! Flying in October of 2021* !

*Blizzard reserves to right to hold pathfinder back until the release of the 2022 expansion, and you'll take it, you gaming masochist, you!
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

5+ Year Old Account
    Flight should be either purchased from a vendor at max level, OR obtained the moment you complete Pathfinder 1. Blizzard keeping my ass glued to the ground for a good year without any reason whatsoever has gotten !#@$ing old, so I'm very probably joining the "no fly, no buy" crowd - unless class design and raiding are absolutely amazing (i.e. nothing like BfA).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.