Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mechagon and Nazjatar Essence Acquisition in Visions of N’Zoth

Mechagon and Nazjatar Essence Acquisition in Visions of N’Zoth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In Visions of N’Zoth, we’re making changes to the acquisition of Essences related to the Rise of Azshara zones. Our goal here is to lessen the effort needed to acquire Essences from Nazjatar and Mechagon for new and returning players as we want players to feel able to focus on content updated in Visions of N’Zoth.

• Reputation requirements for Nazjatar and Mechagon vendor-sold Essences have been reduced from Honored/Revered/Exalted for ranks 1/2/3 to Friendly/Honored/Revered.
      • Acquisition of Rank 4 of these Essences is unchanged.
    • The follower experience requirements for Ranks 2 and 3 of Memory of Lucid Dreams have been reduced from 3000/6000 to 2400/4800.
    • Players who are Revered with their respective Nazjatar reputation may now exchange Manapearls for Bind-to-Account reputation tokens.

We expect the addition of account-bound rep tokens for Nazjatar to complement the existing account-bound reputation token that is craftable in Mechagon, providing an option for players who have already unlocked the Rank 3 Essence on their main to speed up their progression towards it on their alts.

The changes above should become testable in a new update to the Visions of N’Zoth PTR in the next couple of weeks.

Can we just hotfix this now? Why wait until 8.3?

Not enough to be honest, still a pain to get essences with alts.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I don't understand the war on alts blizzard is currently in love with but it's burning me out playing one or two classes unlike mop or other expansion.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I don't understand the war on alts blizzard is currently in love with but it's burning me out playing one or two classes unlike mop or other expansion.
    Endless grinds are always detrimental to alts... mainly because that is time you could be getting that much further ahead on you main. Most grinds... especially all endless grinds... should be account-wide. It would make playing alts fun instead of a chore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Agreed, I'd like to see a change to the Palace, Island, and M+ essences as well. I've just been getting characters to 120 and parking them in Boralus until 9.0
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

I have to admit I was at least expecting bodyguard XP requirements to drop to 3000 for rank 3. 4800 still feels way too high for that one.

This is not a real change or timesaver... I hit exalted on mechagon long before I could afford the spare crates for rank 3, let alone the sheer cost of buying for than one specs worth.
    Nazjatar is the same! Rep doesn't matter at all, just doing the prismatic pearly rewarding quests and emissary got me to revered before I got rank 2 dream.
    Like cool, thanks, saved us 4 days of follower quests.
    Still not gonna do mechagon again for any of the essences except vision

10+ Year Old Account
    lets hope they are also reducing the price to go along with.

I think you folks feel "forced" to have your alts as good as your mains, no one forces you. My 10 120 alts (monk will be my last to 120 and have all classes) are happily at 65 heart, with rank1 or rank2 of decent essences (Crucible, Lucid, and last one is variable based off spec), with the new ones in 8.3 that will be better than those for sure and that the 8.3 ones will be easy to get, i can jump right in when my main is set and work on them at my own pace. Enjoy the game people, enjoy Blizzard does ease up on requirements over time. I read the other day people want all Allied races to be unlocked with no effort when next expansion launches, really? They made the rep for Void Elf/ LF Draenei/etc so much easier to get with the argus world quests, BoA rep tokens, they will do the same for the BfA allied races and make them easy to get. Just because Blizzard doesn't give instant gratification doesn't mean they do no listen, but you gotta work for stuff, just like in real life.

My 2 cents DarkShawoman out

All the talk about "Alt-friendly" in Shadowlands, and this is what you do for 8.3? Nice.

What about king mechagon essence?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    I think you folks feel "forced" to have your alts as good as your mains, no one forces you. My 10 120 alts (monk will be my last to 120 and have all classes) are happily at 65 heart, with rank1 or rank2 of decent essences (Crucible, Lucid, and last one is variable based off spec), with the new ones in 8.3 that will be better than those for sure and that the 8.3 ones will be easy to get, i can jump right in when my main is set and work on them at my own pace. Enjoy the game people, enjoy Blizzard does ease up on requirements over time. I read the other day people want all Allied races to be unlocked with no effort when next expansion launches, really? They made the rep for Void Elf/ LF Draenei/etc so much easier to get with the argus world quests, BoA rep tokens, they will do the same for the BfA allied races and make them easy to get. Just because Blizzard doesn't give instant gratification doesn't mean they do no listen, but you gotta work for stuff, just like in real life.

nObOdY iS fOrcInG YoU tO pLAy tHe GaMe.

I knew someone like this would show up, god damn white knights are annoying.

nObOdY iS fOrcInG YoU tO pLAy tHe GaMe.

I knew someone like this would show up, god damn white knights are annoying.
    Hate to break it to you, but it is a fact that you control how much you play and way to make yourself look stupid by typing alternating caps. You must be one of those LFR heroes that wants all your essences on your alts to be rank4 as soon as they hit level 120. "I plae ur gaem blizerd, gif meh all teh fr33 stuph, I pai $15 frm me parints' cridit cerd"

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    They want you to pay $40 for alt-friendly expansion features, not just give it to you in a Patch for 'free'.

No one is forcing us, true. But if you want to compete then you have to grind out terrible things on alts. I have 6 120s. Three of which are parked at 70 in artifact power and have all of their essences that they use at rank 3.
    Was this a terrible grind - yes.
    Was it fun to play wow doing this - no.
    Will I ever step foot in Nazjatar after grinding out follower quests for essence rank 3 on three toons - no.
    Will I ever play my paladin, warrior, and monk due to this grind - no. They will stay parked at 120 with crap essences and crap necklace.

That is not good game design. The game designers pick and choose things to make BOA willy nilly. Flying is BOA. Flying is based on an achievement. Well I have an achievement for getting exalted with half the planet. But my alts can't benefit from that. Why flying but not reputations. The whole system is based upon what can grant the user the max amount of grind without making them give up. Instead it should be based upon what can grant the user the most fun.

Don't make excuses for Blizzard's bad decisions. It will not benefit you.

Hate to break it to you, but it is a fact that you control how much you play and way to make yourself look stupid by typing alternating caps. You must be one of those LFR heroes that wants all your essences on your alts to be rank4 as soon as they hit level 120. "I plae ur gaem blizerd, gif meh all teh fr33 stuph, I pai $15 frm me parints' cridit cerd"
    Nice try, white knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... wat. it isnt the rep that is the hard part between upgrading mechagon essences, its the absurd amount of crates and oscillators that you need.

I'd think they'd probably rather the essence system as it is just not exist than that. Personally, I'd prefer if it worked like the Legion weapons where it was all just dungeon/quest/raid items to enhance it, so it was earned through doing fun things, not tedious things, but that's just me. (Though if I'm extra honest, I'd be perfectly fine with just having normal items again for all slots)

Ridiculous. Still not enough, still the most alt-unfriendly expansion.