Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    they may have removed AP, but there are still plenty of grinds.

soulbinds will be a long grind, especially if you want to max them all out. (guessing itll take 1 month to max 1 soulbind, so thats the entire patch sorted if there are 5-6)
    legendaries will be a grind. (probably several weeks per legendary, depending on how much of that tower you do. guesing you will have to tryhard to get one by raid release.)
    the new weekly chest seems to reward playing more. (you will want to have a box with lots of choice for the first month orso of a patch)

and that's before cosmetics.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-11-04 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    They said the exact same thing before BFA. And they are right. It's just the hardcore players have a different idea of what it means "obligatory" or "being forced to do something".

Like for example right now in bfa you aren't forced to do islands. You can just do 3 per week for the cap and call it at that. But then there are people who must min-max everything and they have to do it 24/7. Same for WQs, benthics and other stuff.
    The problem with Retail is there's a "LIST" of what to do and when to do it.
    Blizzard needs to go back to the model where there is NOTHING for anyone to do and let the player decide what they want to do.

This is where Classic Shines. You're at 100% your leisure on what you want to do and when you want to do it.

Blizzard should serious strip world quest, stripe the dungeon keys, strip everything that's a weekly choir.

Also, such a shame that nothing was mentioned about stat scaling going away.
    Also how long it takes for people to die. You're literally invincible in the game, that needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The problem with Retail is there's a "LIST" of what to do and when to do it.
    Blizzard needs to go back to the model where there is NOTHING for anyone to do and let the player decide what they want to do.

This is where Classic Shines. You're at 100% your leisure on what you want to do and when you want to do it.

Blizzard should serious strip world quest, stripe the dungeon keys, strip everything that's a weekly choir.

Also, such a shame that nothing was mentioned about stat scaling going away.
    Also how long it takes for people to die. You're literally invincible in the game, that needs to go.
    Classic doesnt shine at all for me. Garbage endgame with nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Classic doesnt shine at all for me. Garbage endgame with nothing to do.
    Clearly you don't like playing MMO's on Closed Realms.
    It's more then just raiding and dungeons, it's about the community and interacting with the opposing faction.

World Bosses & PVP drop next week.
    Servers are literally another world my friend, that's what's missing in retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast
    Maw
    Raids
    PVP
    M+
    Covenant Work
    Soul Bind progression

Damn i don't know what i am going to do with all this free time.............................
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

After digesting the Shadowlands information, I feel the exact opposite: there is too much to do at max level. BFA is already too busy as it is, but Shadowlands is looking a lot worse. Blah blah they can say we don't want you to feel obligated to do X piece of content, but it's all bupkis if you want to raid. Blizzard really needs to understand that i) free time for the average player is not as bountiful as it used to be; and ii) that there are other games that people want to play. It's going to be a hard pass on Shadowlands for me, and only because I don't want to sign my gaming life away to one game.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why this is hard for blizzard..

Suggestions:
    1: create differnt phases in dungeons( for example) to collect old recolors of older sets that never made is in the game and give people a reason to farm that. (Purple bloodfang etc)
    2: that duel area on zandalar? Add some freaking vendors or rewards foe it.. I mean dueling is still something many peoppe dig. Durotar has been empty for a long time and zandalar dueling area never worked out.. missed opportunity if you ask me.
    3: cosmectic spell effects(glyphs)
    Super rare bosses for example dropp patterns.
    More reason to get out in the world.

These are just some that I though about today.. you know what would make me get out in the world.

I have been trying m+ this expansion more, did 12+ keys and completed it.. it wasnt for me I got bored very quickly and raiding just takes to mich time for me. Islands had the potential but it failed.. again.. ( remember scenarios?)
    Last edited by Alanar; 2019-11-04 at 04:23 PM.

The entire expansion sounds shallow and lackluster. I’m interested in what the hell they were working on in the last months, not only does 8.3 offer no new zone (7.3 had 3), Shadowlands only comes with 4+1 zone at launch which is the bare minimum. Plus no real features.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I genuinely feel bad for Blizz, people bitched about having nothing to do in MoP and WoD, so they added the AP grind to have progression all expansion after cap - then people bitched about having too much to do in Legion and BFA. Now we're back to bitching about having nothing to do again, jesus christ.
    Yes. People disliked BFA because they had "too much to do" with the fun and engaging Azerite Power system.

Blizzard is so lucky they have die hard fanboys like you that will do mental gymnastics to defend them no matter what. Good lord.

I genuinely feel bad for Blizz, people bitched about having nothing to do in MoP and WoD, so they added the AP grind to have progression all expansion after cap - then people bitched about having too much to do in Legion and BFA. Now we're back to bitching about having nothing to do again, jesus christ.

- - - Updated - - -

You've literally no idea the size and scope of those 5 zones firstly

And the no real features comment is just a lie, if you want to be taken seriously - tell the truth
    What’s there as a feature? Reputations + essences disguised as a brand new feature? Or you mean the vertical version of Island Expeditions? Shadowlands is the most featureless expansion they ever introduced to us.

And what let’s you think that these zones are bigger than the zones from WoD, BfA or Legion? Zones have been in a pretty similar size for years now. They are as big as every other zone from the last 10 years. Don’t fool yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Stick with your out of date model, we'll stick with a game being made in 2020 thanks
    Which game is being made in 2020? Everything Shadowlands has to offer already is outdated and far from creative or innovative.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Was I talking about BFA as a whole? I was talking about the AP grind - how can you accuse me on mental gymnastics when you have to either not understand or not read my post in order for that to make sense
    LOL? That's exactly what I'm talking about too. Try to keep up.

People didn't complain about AP because there was 'too much to do'. They complained about it because it was a garbage ass progression system.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So I watched all the Blizzcon videos and interviews and I saw some interesting things in shadowlands. However, one thing that I heard really often was "we don't want you to feel obligazed to do this piece of content". They said this so often to so many different things that I really fear we are running in the next WoD were there actually IS content to do, but everything feels meaningless, because it doesn't offer relevant rewards. It sounds like everything for the week can be capped really fast and going over that punishes you with brutal grinding times.
    I don't think this will end well.
    It's just a never-ending problem with this game. Playing it is straight up not fun. We only get excited by the reward at the end of something.

I'm seriously asking, would anyone be playing this game if there was no rewards given?

Maybe we'll finally have time for our alts then... like just for once after 4 years of permanent aids. Or dare I even dream of just being done with my main at one point.... and having time to do something else?!

People didn't like AP because it was an open ended grind for much of the expansion, the vast majority of players don't play enough to hit the end point on one character, let alone multiple. If you're a hardcore player, it just means huge amounts of grinding per character to be optimal, if you're not a hardcore player, it just means you're always behind

Blizzard literally told us what most people complained about AP for, simply calling it a trash system isn't very useful for anyone
    The point is, it wasn't that it was "too much to do". That's just a red herring you're creating to defend Daddy Blizz.

It was not fun and engaging to do. That's what people didn't like. I don't know why that's so hard for you to comprehend.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-04 at 04:35 PM.

Probably gonna be a lot like it is now. Log in, do all WQ, log out for 24 hours, log back in and do all WQ.

MOBILE GAME

The AP grind was too long, there was too much it demanded. That's literally Blizzard's stance, you're not arguing with me - you're arguing with the people who make the game and have all the data and complaints about the system.
    You're just full of logical fallacies aren't you (Appeal to Authority)? Considering the turd they gave us with BFA, I have no problem whatsoever arguing with them.

I liked WoD, I think shadowlands looks good aside from lack of content and content being half made.
    Atleast the new customization and newbie zone look fun

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    There was nothing to do in WoD but raidlog.
    and in BFA people complain because they cant raidlog. funny how things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    How is Torghast (a rogue-like endless dungeon with changing affixes) not max level content? It also gives you resources to build a legendary weapon of your choice, with your own bonuses. I mean hello, if this ain't reward enough then what is? Also, m+ and all that shit that WoD didn't have is still in the game.

Criticism is fine, its healthy, but when you criticize things that are just completely false there's an agenda behind it, and that is what pisses people off, try stay objective, please.
    people confuse there being nothing to do with there being nothing they want to do. my only questions is what do they want to do? if all you can do is say you wont like something but never actually have an idea as to what you want to do but cant, im not sure this is the game for you.

You've a real thing for using debating buzzwords even though you have no idea what you're talking about don't you

I'll give you one more chance, say something clever in your next reply and I might just take you seriously
    Like I care if a Blizzard shill who argues around points to blame players for Blizzard's shitty systems takes me seriously.