10+ Year Old Account

So... who is the Warchief in 8.3+?

I've been playing Classic for a bit and haven't really kept up with Retail lore as much. I watched all of the vids and stuff, but I don't think I saw any that showed a new Warchief being appointed.

I'm hoping Thrall will come back.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Horde gets a council.
    Alliance is stuck with a warchief.

It's backwards day in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basic Campfire finally got the seat of warchief.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Horde gets a council.
    Alliance is stuck with a warchief.

It's backwards day in Azeroth.
    Did you just assume my precious Horde faction are filled with primitive and savage races who can't have a democracy??? I'LL BASH YOUR HEAD IN FOR THAT REMARK! BASH IT IN GOOD!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

There is no Warchief anymore. The Horde is now ruled by a council comprised of all allied leaders of the Horde. Orgrimmar itself is ruled by Thrall now, as we can see from the Horrific Vision of N'Zoth. So Thrall is back as leader of Orgrimmar and the Orcs.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    There is no Warchief anymore. The Horde is now ruled by a council comprised of all allied leaders of the Horde. Orgrimmar itself is ruled by Thrall now, as we can see from the Horrific Vision of N'Zoth. So Thrall is back as leader of Orgrimmar and the Orcs.
    That is actually pretty cool. I like this change.

Guessing Org is still the main Horde city with the embassy and the council being stationed there? Org is basically the USA of the Horde.

Vanilla through WotLK: Thrall is Warchief. In BC, he meets Garrosh and takes a liking to him, telling him stories about the glorious old horde Grom led, which captures Garrosh's imagination.

Cata: The Cataclysm hits and the elements are thrown out of whack. Thrall leaves to go attune himself to the elements and save the world. Appoints the up and coming Garrosh (who was a successful commander of the Warsong clan in Wrath) as Warchief. Carine objects and challenges Garrosh to Mak'gora, but Garrosh's weapon was poisoned by a Tauren traitor (Garrosh didn't know) so Cairne dies in combat. Garrosh wants to relive the stories Thrall told him about Grom's old horde, and starts a war cult.

MoP: Garrosh's war cult intensifies, becomes increasingly determined to remake the Horde into the romanticized version of Grom's old horde. Is overthrown by a revolution led by Vol'jin. The Horde leaders expect Thrall to come back, but he wants to retire, and he appoints/nominates Vol'jin as Warchief, to which everyone else agrees.

Legion: Vol'jin is unceremoniously killed off by Blizzard, having never gotten the chance to do anything in the story. Sylvanas is made the new warchief to pander to her fanboys because the Jailer posed as Loa spirits and told a dying Vol'jin to appoint her as Warchief.

BFA: Sylvanas spends most of the expansion being an insane, mustache twirling lunatic warmonger nobody questions until one day, everyone suddenly realizes "oh crap, did she really just say she didn't care about the Horde?" (dudes, DUH!). A council is formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    That is actually pretty cool. I like this change.

Guessing Org is still the main Horde city with the embassy and the council being stationed there? Org is basically the USA of the Horde.
    Orgrimmar is basically Washington D.C. and it will remain so, yeah, but now the various leaders of the Horde should get more autonomy because they no longer have the Warchief breathing down their neck. Regardless, Grommash Hold will be where the council meets anyway.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Anduin Wrynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Orgrimmar is basically Washington D.C. and it will remain so, yeah, but now the various leaders of the Horde should get more autonomy because they no longer have the Warchief breathing down their neck. Regardless, Grommash Hold will be where the council meets anyway.
    I've always been of the opinion that Warchief should be more of a military and maybe diplomatic position with the Horde being decentralized by race and further decentralized by tribe or clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    BFA: Sylvanas spends most of the expansion being an insane, mustache twirling lunatic warmonger nobody questions until one day, everyone suddenly realizes "oh crap, did she really just say she didn't care about the Horde?" (dudes, DUH!). A council is formed.
    This is beautiful.
    This Flagbearer who went with her outside the gates, their reaction after she said that, lmao. "Wait, what did you just say?". Shows how brainwashed Forsaken were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Horde became an Alliance led be a council. (Alliance puppet state).

The Alliance keeps their Warchief. And his friend. *Cough* Pictured below *Cough*

Baine is currently in both the Alliance and Horde throne rooms. It's a tad odd, but further reinforces the idea that the Horde is now an Alliance puppet state.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-11-08 at 01:21 AM.