Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Remind? really? they outright copy paste) even belt looks ..... similar?)
    Well that’s what I meant and should have said

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I think that 2 more after coming after Vulpera/Mechagnomes as well, but I'm guessing they will be the new 'light' undead and something worgen-esque since those are the only races remaining that haven't had some kind of addition.

(I realize Vulpera aren't goblins, but they share enough of the assets that they are effectively the goblin allied race)
    What about Pandarens they dont deserve their Allied races?) (Neutral Mogu Rajani? or Flying Hozen +Deepwater Jinyu)

Races with wings can have same Glide passiv as DH has, to putout wings with double jump.

Really(with passion) would love having Glide wings as Racial for winged-races. (others classes DESERVE to glide too )
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-05 at 12:03 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I don't see any reason for any thing that resides in the shadowlands to give a shit about Azeroth and it's factions. It seems they all have important jobs to do. The only thing I could see happening was if there was some side race that is so bored and useless in the shadowlands that they want to leave.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I don't see any reason for any thing that resides in the shadowlands to give a shit about Azeroth and it's factions. It seems they all have important jobs to do. The only thing I could see happening was if there was some side race that is so bored and useless in the shadowlands that they want to leave.
    What if these "resides in the shadowlands" want to run away from after-life ....sadness,boring days,tortures -> to world of living, lets say "PRISON BREAK" out of hell.

If we would Defeat Jailer in end of Shadowlands = no Jailer, door opened by Sylvanas , what else gonna contain them there? (keep them in shackles????)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    What if these "resides in the shadowlands" want to run away from after-life ....sadness,boring days,tortures -> to world of living, lets say "PRISON BREAK" out of hell.

If we would Defeat Jailer in end of Shadowlands = no Jailer, door opened by Sylvanas , what else gonna contain them there? (keep them in shackles????)
    The jailer is just one job though, there's still the arbiter and the covenants for example. I don't think the jailer is shackling them there. I guess there could be a split of a faction that wants to leave.

While I agree in principle... there could always be smaller factions within a faction or even individuals who wish to seek out new lives in the lands of the living...

All I can say is that playing a night fae druid would be amazing.

Right now anything could go. They didn't announce them but that could have been because of the BFA release times and backlash they faced . They've also said that their focusing on the core races being customised. I wish it was a question asked at Blizzcon but hopefully MMOC or Wowhead will ask when they do the first Q&A in a few months
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Allied races was a big feature for BFA. I'm sure we'll eventually get new races, but it shouldn't be overdone. Can't say Shadowlands got any interesting races that could fit the Alliance or Horde. Better to wait and see what races there are after Shadowlands. Still waiting on ogres for Horde, and neutral vrykul.

I feel like the allied races we'll get through SL aren't going to be from at least 2 of the covenants, Kyrians and Night Fae both kind of have a job to do, Kenthyr and Necrolords seem to be more independence, though it's really too early for my guess to be definite, the more likely path is that if and any allied races, it will be ones that are simply native, or have had experience with facing death, the Gazelle-centaurish race from the concept art, and the Nerubians come to mind, and a recent Q&A did say that races with fewer or more legs can be explored with the tech they got from making Mechagnomes(probably one of the few good things to come out of it)
    Last edited by Psykho; 2019-11-05 at 03:41 AM.

Problem is, lorewise these races probably are not able to leave the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Problem is, lorewise these races probably are not able to leave the Shadowlands.
    That would be a pretty firm guess. Trapped there and unable to leave, blizz would have to come up with a very interesting lore reason for a race there to be playable *some type of escape and breeding program perhaps* haha
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Agree with this. Blizzard has been very consistent in messaging that the covenants don't give a shit about Horde and Alliance. I suppose the covenant "races" could become ARs, but if they aren't neutral it wouldn't make much sense to me (with what we know so far at least).

If we get more ARs in Shadowlands, I'd imagine they will be unrelated to the expansion or be tied to other beings we haven't seen yet that live in the Shadowlands but are not inextricably tied to a Covenant.

To those who think ARs are "done", in the Q&A, Blizzard made it pretty clear they have not closed the book on Allied Races.

Gargoyles don't use the Worgen model. They use the Havoc Demon Hunter Metamorphosis model.

Do you guys like, just call anything that has animal (?) legs a borrow of the Worgen model?

I just don't see this happening. All these races have like a singular divine purpose in existence inorder to keep their reality chugging along. It would be odd to have a faction break off to yolo in the land of the living.

If we get Shadowland allied races i imagine it'll be stuff like the San'layn. A race that plays into the themes of the expansion but make more sense.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-11-05 at 01:40 AM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I kind of think Allied Races are just a BfA thing.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't know. I kind of think Allied Races are just a BfA thing.
    seems like a system they'd like to keep around, it's a good way to add races that would logically have different racials or aesthetics, but can use the same model as an existing race, examples being Taunka, Saberon, Botani, or separate groups of a certain race that can/could have the opposite factional affiliations, like Leper gnomes(H), Half-Elves(A), Half-Orcs(H), Half-Draenei(A),(most of the half-races now that I think of it) and Lost Ones, the only prominent complaints I can think of is that Alliance kept getting the short end with the likes of Lightforged and Mechagnomes

Um... I don't know if you watched the "feature" trailer, but the "feature" in Shadowlands isn't Allied Races. Not much of a point getting your hopes up or putting energy into new Allied races. Shadowlands is sparse on new features and if Blizzard had plans for Allied Race we'd know about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Agree with this. Blizzard has been very consistent in messaging that the covenants don't give a shit about Horde and Alliance. I suppose the covenant "races" could become ARs, but if they aren't neutral it wouldn't make much sense to me (with what we know so far at least).
    They're also very consistent about not giving a shit about based lore whenever it doesn't suit their needs. It's funny to hear them say "yeah the War is the past, the Covenants don't care about Horde and Alliance" and then ofc the playerbase doesn't care about Horde and Alliance either yet in the same breath Blizzard says "Horde and Alliance are core to WC".

Besides, doesn't hurt that people let it be known they'd love to be able to play some/all of these races. I'm glad Red Shirt Guy asked about it.

After all, there wasn't a compelling reason for Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, and Lightforged to care about petty Horde/Alliance politics, but that didn't stop Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Um... I don't know if you watched the "feature" trailer, but the "feature" in Shadowlands isn't Allied Races. Not much of a point getting your hopes up or putting energy into new Allied races. Shadowlands is sparse on new features and if Blizzard had plans for Allied Race we'd know about it.
    I don't think anyone is gonna be creating any megathreads over it people are just enjoying the races and discussing that they'd be pretty cool to play as.

Owlboys. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    Owlboys. Please.
    ^This.

/10chars
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw