Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    1 hour long SELF buffs are a pointless mechanic and a waste of a button.

Just make them passive effects of the class/spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It's one of Blizzards derp moments where their devs brains aren't working properly. Sorry, that might seem harsh, but it's been 15 years and poisons aren't permanent buffs/enchants. How does it take 15 years to not even implement it yet, when playing the game for 1 hour makes ANY normal person think "well reapplying is annoying, this should be permanent"...
    People like you are why retail sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    1 hour long SELF buffs are a pointless mechanic and a waste of a button.

Just make them passive effects of the class/spec.
    and you

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Front page says otherwise:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    World of Warcraft Classic drove the biggest quarterly increase to subscription plans in franchise history, in both the West and East.
    Last edited by Monoxide; 2019-11-07 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

I mean, Blizzard could just as easily look at this, say you're right and that a 1 hour buff for poisons doesn't make any sense. And then reduce it a 5 minute buff.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I sort of get it, but... I still like putting on my poisons. Just a little moment of RP I guess. Regardless I've been playing Rogue forever so I wind up doing it at least once every 30 minutes anyway.
    I'd say you still can; don't make them passive, just make them last until you switch specs/you manually turn them off.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

And here I am wishing I could brew my own poisons again.

Permanent poisons are just a buff you don't think about. Why even have a button then, to press it once when you login?

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post

and you

I know Sherlock, i play classic, rarely log retail. But every time there's a post about a change idea in retail, every asperger suffering sack of human suck pops into the thread going.

OH YOU GUYS WANT CLASSIC.

No they don't, which is why they play retail. Their idea on a game mechanic change only concerns retail.
    So why pop into the thread going I PLAY VANILLA... what.. you want a participation medal or some shit.
    You don't even bother answering the actual question.

And people like you are why online communities suck.

I like the people who think "having to reapply a buff out of combat every X minutes" is what makes a game fun.

It's amazing how some people's brains work.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    And your lack of anything at all shows that, does it?
    1.) It's a fucking game mechanic, it doesn't really need to adhere to total sense. Back in the day, poisons even had stacks that wore off over time, but they removed that long ago.

2.) What's to say a Paladin's aura or whatever should be permanent, anyways? Why should ANY buff be considered to be theoretically permanent?

3.) You talked about "replacing enchants" (fucking what?). The OP is not asking for poisons to work as some kind of enchant, they're asking for the buff duration to extend from 60 minutes to have no time limit and only un-apply when cancelled or replaced by a different poison. You're apparently from England, yet you don't seem to speak English?

Your argument was stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Permanent poisons are just a buff you don't think about. Why even have a button then, to press it once when you login?
    That would be the basic definition of a buff that doesn't expire, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post

and you

Didn't WOD also do this, for like a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It's one of Blizzards derp moments where their devs brains aren't working properly. Sorry, that might seem harsh, but it's been 15 years and poisons aren't permanent buffs/enchants. How does it take 15 years to not even implement it yet, when playing the game for 1 hour makes ANY normal person think "well reapplying is annoying, this should be permanent"...
    Muhhh Immerssioonnsss, just like running on a running mount is way more fun and interesting than flying

I love that the third comment on the us wow forum is “this change would be an objectively positive one.”

... objectively positive...

Hmmmm I guess this is just the world we live in now... in 2019... where feelings count more as an argument than facts...

Unless the person is talking about the positive charge of a proton of course.. I guess you can say that a proton is objectively positive.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    This, kids, is how you get retail WoW.

I'll be over there in Classic enjoying the inclusion of RPG elements in my RPGs.
    enjoy your roleplay as a manual laborer doing menial tasks. So important, much wow

Its not like its a passive buff, you still apply the poison you want to use. But its outright retarded that you need to reapply it every 60 minutes when its not even a consumable anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    Didn't WOD also do this, for like a month?
    Bfa was also the fastest selling wow expansion of all times. See how well that went..

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Hi all! Ive made a thread on official forums, a request to Blizzard to make them permament once applied instead of 60 minutes.

If you agree with this, if you want this to be a thing please leave a comment, maybe Blizzard reads on it and considers the idea.

Poisons are not a group buff, poisons are personal and like other personal buffs in game there is no reason to not make it permament.

If this change makes no difference to you please consider giving support. Thanks!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...applied/352995

Thanks for reading and apologies if you think this is dumb and dont like the idea. I have no intentions to piss anyone off.
    Look at this guy, petitioning for more pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    1.) It's a fucking game mechanic, it doesn't really need to adhere to total sense. Back in the day, poisons even had stacks that wore off over time, but they removed that long ago.

2.) What's to say a Paladin's aura or whatever should be permanent, anyways? Why should ANY buff be considered to be theoretically permanent?

3.) You talked about "replacing enchants" (fucking what?). The OP is not asking for poisons to work as some kind of enchant, they're asking for the buff duration to extend from 60 minutes to have no time limit and only un-apply when cancelled or replaced by a different poison. You're apparently from England, yet you don't seem to speak English?

Your argument was stupid. .
    1) No shit, that doesn't mean it's something that should be apply and ignore. You might as well make them passive debuffs at that point that apply from spells.

2) Never said they should, but they are the only type of buff that has no duration. It's an example. If only you could apply simple thought before you replied, your last two replies shows you can't so far.

3) If you use your noggin' you'd realise if the weapon enhancements are permanent they are no different from weapon enchants at that point, and we all know Blizz being Blizz they'd end up doing something stupid and saying Rogues get poisons instead of Enchants.

Not my fault you can't comprehend simple mechanics, the "arguement" isn't stupid when you consider Blizzard's stupid mechanic changes over the years. We want class mechanics that are useful not pointless. No wonder retail has gone to shit with people like you wanting this shit. :/
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2019-11-09 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    1) No shit, that doesn't mean it's something that should be apply and ignore. You might as well make them passive debuffs at that point that apply from spells.

2) Never said they should, but they are the only type of buff that has no duration. It's an example. If only you could apply simple thought before you replied, your last two replies shows you can't so far.

3) If you use your noggin' you'd realise if the weapon enhancements are permanent they are no different from weapon enchants at that point, and we all know Blizz being Blizz they'd end up doing something stupid and saying Rogues get poisons instead of Enchants.

Not my fault you can't comprehend simple mechanics, the "arguement" isn't stupid when you consider Blizzard's stupid mechanic changes over the years. We want class mechanics that are useful not pointless. No wonder retail has gone to shit with people like you wanting this shit. :/
    Do you literally just never get tired of everyone rolling their eyes and shaking their heads every single time you post?

I personally think they should go back to being craftable.

They also need to usable in all specs

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I personally think they should go back to being craftable.

They also need to usable in all specs
    "all specs will get back poisons!"

"can you make it a permanent buff so i can pretend i dont have it anymore?"

/sigh

I sort of get it, but... I still like putting on my poisons. Just a little moment of RP I guess. Regardless I've been playing Rogue forever so I wind up doing it at least once every 30 minutes anyway.
    This!
    Heck, I reapply it before every other pull without even thinking about doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

As a moment of RP, it would be better if it had its own animation, rather than just a generic crafting animation.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    As a moment of RP, it would be better if it had its own animation, rather than just a generic crafting animation.
    It used to be a crafting item, I think the animation is just keeping with that tradition.