Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    This, kids, is how you get retail WoW.

I'll be over there in Classic enjoying the inclusion of RPG elements in my RPGs.
    Enjoy burning out on an endless grind that's never fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Well, actually millions do. But what people must understand, especially those who hate retail and loves classic (like me).. Is that people love retail for just what it is and now we have both. Be happy, everyone should be just happy.
    I disagree. I don't think that millions of people care that that jack guy prefers one game over another.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    And here I am wishing I could brew my own poisons again.

Permanent poisons are just a buff you don't think about. Why even have a button then, to press it once when you login?
    I mean, they went in a strange direction in the first place. Putting poisons on your blade could be an important "vendatta" style buff, an actual attack/key that we have to hit. You wouldn't exactly expect poisons to last an hour; and if they are super-magical, then you could just as easily say they last all day.

But clearly they are just going to stick with the hour buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Enjoy burning out on an endless grind that's never fun
    You mean the hamster wheel that is retail WoW? Literally endless, whereas Classic has a very definite end.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    I'm... going to disagree with you on this one. I prefer poisons to be a short-lived buff. One of the few RP moments still in the game, and it just makes sense to me. Hope they don't take this advice.
    Yeah, really rpgish, you click a button and a square icon with a timer pops out in the upper right part of the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    People like you are why retail sucks.

and you

Front page says otherwise:
    Why? How do you defend not having it permanent? There is no CD on poisions, nor a cost, nor a big cast time. It's litterally something anyone can do any time and should have applied 100% of the time. So WHY not just make it actually permanent, to save players the seemingly small effort to apply it, it would just add convinience with 0 negative effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Why? How do you defend not having it permanent? There is no CD on poisions, nor a cost, nor a big cast time. It's litterally something anyone can do any time and should have applied 100% of the time. So WHY not just make it actually permanent, to save players the seemingly small effort to apply it, it would just add convinience with 0 negative effects.

This is a fantasy RPG. If you coat a weapon in poison you'll need to reapply that poison, it doesn't last forever.

I mean, take it step further from what you said. Why even have it be a buff? Why do I need to hit a button at all? Just make it a passive effect. Lets make as many things as possible be passive effects. No more buffs, your character just innately radiates their buff to anyone they're grouped with. Make it more simple and convenient. Hopefully we can get it down to where Mages just press Fireball and nothing else. Everything can be a passive effect. Sounds fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I sort of get it, but... I still like putting on my poisons. Just a little moment of RP I guess. Regardless I've been playing Rogue forever so I wind up doing it at least once every 30 minutes anyway.
    Same here. I generally refresh them well before they drop off on their own and I never once got annoyed with it. If anything I got annoyed that Outlaw/Sub can't apply poisons (which is being remedied in SL).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Same here. I generally refresh them well before they drop off on their own and I never once got annoyed with it. If anything I got annoyed that Outlaw/Sub can't apply poisons (which is being remedied in SL).
    Yeah, these design decisions go right along with "we have 3 classes, not 3 specs". They forgot what specialization means. Assassination was the poison SPECIALIZATION so instead of making it to where Assassination enhances your poison-play and makes poisons the strongest among the specs, they just removed it from the 2 other specs. I can't understand why. I'm a Rogue. I forgot how to use poisons by being Subtlety? Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Ok, this is going nowhere. Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.