Poll: Do you want Sylvanas to die?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    Title says it all
    Am really curious to hear your thoughts
    my dark queen shall never die. long live lady sylvannas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really but i want to have an "end" to her story, at least leave her as a background character for a while, like how Thrall was pushed to the back after a couple of expansion with too much exposure

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other, she deserves worse.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

wish she would die in 8.3 lol but it wont happen... hopefully 9.0 her soul is sent beyond the rim..

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    Title says it all
    Am really curious to hear your thoughts
    I've been wishing her to die since mid-BfA, so... yes. The sooner she dies, the better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not just die, but be locked in the deepest depths of the maw where she faces an eternity of pain.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

She deserves to die, but at this point all I hope for is that she doesn't get Kerriganed.

I want her to die in the beginning or middle. Soon, anyway. She HAS to die forever, obviously. I was HOPING it would be in 8.3, but I guess we're waiting for 9.x now. Just please let her face justice soon, and be gone forever.

Pretty sure she's going to retire in the Shadowlands somehow. Into the closet of story threads Blizz may touch on in the future, like Sargeras.

As for if I want her dead? Not strongly. I mean, Teldrassil demands it. She's not going to recover from that one.

I'm certain she has a lot of fans that don't like Teldrassil, but feel it'll turn out that Sylvanas' evil actions just served some greater good. Hence it not making her evil.
    -First off, that's nonsense. Evil actions make you evil. If I eat one baby to save 10 babies, I'd still be a monster. They might reduce my sentence a little. But no one will argue that my gruesome act should not have consequences, because of my intent.
    -Secondly, Sylvanas' intent is going to be disappointing. She isn't a noble character. She is not a warrior for justice. Sure, she will have a cause that she feels worth it to her to sacrifice all these souls of other people for. But this is Sylvanas, people. It's not going to be any more noble than "I find it unfair that undead souls automatically end up in the Maw because the Arbiter considers them an affront. And I think it is worth sacrificing countless innocents, because this fate effects me personally". If it's going to be any sort of justified goal, it's just going to be something like that.

That'll be my prediction as well: Sylvanas stays in the Shadowlands as the new Arbiter once all of this is done.

I had to vote Other only because I want her to die at the BEGINNING of the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, by the end of the expansion she's either going to wind up erased from reality (achieving her goal) or imprisoned in the Maw forever (ironic comeuppance). I don't see this having an ending where she redeems herself or reveals it was for the greater good.

I'm so fuckin' tired of her. I hope they get rid of her ASAP.

But rather than killing her off, I'd be even more pleased if they doomed her to an eternity of agony to pay for all that she's done.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

We all leave the Maw with her ass locked up with that Jailer to never come through again.

They assassinated her character long ago. And many others.

So I guess..."other, explain"?

I voted No, but necessarily because any sympathy for ol Sylv. The problem is Horde doesn't have any characters that do anything. All the big names are either dead, retired or too passive to offer anything. I know they want to push Calia as the new Forsaken leader but she's not really a character im particularly excited for, and i don't see her as initiator. Without Sylv, who is very conflict driven character, i feel the setting will loose important dynamic.

The only way i would be happy with her getting closure (in whatever form) if they bother to introduce some interesting new potential leader that could push narrative forward.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeiRah View Post
    I know they want to push Calia as the new Forsaken leader but she's not really a character im particularly excited for
    I’ve not heard of anyone that’s interested in, or excited for, Calia. We only have Before The Storm to really go on, and that was as bad as Twilight and 50 Shades of Nonsense IMHO, but she just seems really boring. I can’t really see die-hard Forsaken fans warming up to her at all.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Sylvanas should die. They could have had a far more interesting character.

Honestly, I hate how when I started WoW, characters had traits strengths and weaknesses etc ... yeah, certain characters were evil, but they ruin so many characters.

If a character is evil, they go full on evil ... Garrosh and Sylvanas are here. If a character is out for revenge, they have to go full revenge blind and focus on nothing else. A lot of people blame the writing on Golden, but it was going downhill for a while before she got her current position. They make characters one note and one note characters are boring.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

i still don't get the hate.
    It is not that she had that much spotlight the last two expansions. She always was somewhere but most interaction where with other characters. Everything built up for Shadowlands.
    Her story is not finished. Finish it in a good way. Don't kill her off without explaining what has happened the last to addons. That would even be worse.

Is this one of these player made problems where we talk something to death in the forums to the point where everyone can only be disappointed no matter what happens?

*cough* Highelvs *cough* Tinker...

I want her to get defeated but not die. She is too fine to just kill off! lol

Man sylvanas has become really polarizing.
    Ill give my 2c, she started the war and created death in order to destroy the maw and put a stop to it consuming all those who die. Ill let blizz explain why, but her goal is literally to die in peace, she doesnt care for life any more and was ready to die after arthas did but she was denied that release due to corruption in the shadowlands.
    So, i think in the end of the expansion, we defeat the jailer and release the souls to their intended afterlife, sylvanas says 'my job here is done, goodbye' and intends to kill herself when tyrande stops her and chains her, denying her release and forcing her to a prison sentence for her crimes. She gets redeemed, she gets punished, she ensures her everlasting peace but is denied it in order to pay for her crimes. She must now question whether the means truly justify the ends and live with the bullshit she caused.