Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Which Movie made you want to watch it again right away?

Which movie, after just seeing it, did you want to either rewind and watch it again or watch it again within 24 hours before anything else?

For me, the most recent was Ford v Ferrari. Also, Blade Runner 2049, and the first Transformers(yes I know, but that one had and still has, imo, a charm to it that's very different than the others. Plus it was the first time seeing anything like that)
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

No judgement here on Transformers. T'was a fun movie. Honestly, the first Iron Man was so revolutionary to me. I remember not even wanting to see it and watching it with my dad because it was his favorite hero as a kid, and it blew my mind. I think I saw it three times in theaters.

Attack of the clones. At the time when it came out I hadn't ever seen anything like it before. Phantom menace was cool and obviously the originals, but nothing comapred to all those light sabers in the arena lighting up and watching yoda jumping around after the battle against dooku

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Attack of the clones. At the time when it came out I hadn't ever seen anything like it before. Phantom menace was cool and obviously the originals, but nothing comapred to all those light sabers in the arena lighting up and watching yoda jumping around after the battle against dooku
    Good choice. Clones gets a bad rep because of the romance and rightfully so, but everything else imo is great. I loved Obiwan going on a quest and following leads and starting from scratch. The simple scene at the diner where he asks his old friend about the dart is one of my favs.
    ― Ronald Regan

When I first saw the new Godzilla: King of the Monsters, I honestly could've walked out of one viewing straight into the next and been happy. I had a huge grin across my face almost the entirety of that movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    the goonies, could watch that for the rest of my life

10+ Year Old Account
    The original Blair Witch Project made me go 2 times into the cinema, it was a Saturday and a Sunday lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Another for me was Fellowship of the Ring. I saw it 9 times in the theatres.
    ― Ronald Regan

Recently the Joker movie as well as The Lighthouse. Both were excellent and I couldn't wait to watch a second time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Recently the Joker movie as well as The Lighthouse. Both were excellent and I couldn't wait to watch a second time.
    I keep hearing good things about The Lighthouse.
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    I keep hearing good things about The Lighthouse.
    Please, give it a watch. Don't walk in expecting anything more than just two men working a lighthouse until some crazy things happen. You're in for a ride.

7+ Year Old Account
    Might be a bit cliche, or maybe its just a matter of showing my age, the first movie I can recall wanting to watch right away after seeing it the first time was Star Wars. I was 8, maybe 9, at the time and the movie impacted me appropriately.

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched finding nemo twice in a row. I miss old pixar

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Joker was wildly impressive compared to my expectations. I would easily go see it a second time if opportunity permits. Shocking how relatable his scenarios were, made it eerily human for a character designed to be such an enigmatic chaos.

That being said, I think the only thing that compelled me to successfully watch something more than once in a theater was the second TMNT movie. Something about Tokka and Rahzar just made me so hyped as a kid.

Jojo Rabbit.

It's the first movie in a very long time that I plan on purchasing as soon as it comes out. I've seen The Lighthouse and Joker and I can say without reservation that I believe Jojo is superior. I think it should win best picture. My friends and I were stunned after watching it. It was truly profound.
    Last edited by Budong; 2019-12-01 at 07:55 AM.

There's a movie called Momento which follows a guy who can only remember the last few minutes of his life. The movie makes the audience experience this memory loss by playing the movie in short segments at a time, but each new segment actually chronologically happens before the last segment, so at the beginning of each segment you have no memory of what has happened just before it (what you had just seen in the previous segment is the future of the current segment). It's an extremely trippy, mind straining movie to watch and probably needs to be watched more than once to understand, or better yet watching an edited version of the movie so that the segments happen in chronological order (after watching the movie in the intended order, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I watched finding nemo twice in a row. I miss old pixar
    You miss your childhood. Not "old Pixar". Children today are in love with recent Pixar movies just as much as you are in love with the old movies.

You're supposed to be an adult now. Your grown brain doesn't see childhood magic anymore. It only hardly remembers what it was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    There's a movie called Momento which follows a guy who can only remember the last few minutes of his life. The movie makes the audience experience this memory loss by playing the movie in short segments at a time, but each new segment actually chronologically happens before the last segment, so at the beginning of each segment you have no memory of what has happened just before it (what you had just seen in the previous segment is the future of the current segment). It's an extremely trippy, mind straining movie to watch and probably needs to be watched more than once to understand, or better yet watching an edited version of the movie so that the segments happen in chronological order (after watching the movie in the intended order, of course).
    Memento, that's a great film, really cleverly done and I agree I wanted to watch it right after it finished. A great example where a rewatch can be as good as the first watch through. The first Kill Bill was one I wanted to see as soon as it was over. Watched it more than a few times in theaters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Thank you for being the voice of reason
    I see where you're coming from but we can still see that magic.
    ― Ronald Regan