Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the return of hybrid tax so my paladin will be completely blocked out of any min/max content.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I preferred distinct specs personally. The only changes I'd make is remove the weapon limitations for specific specs, and make stat priorities somewhat closer in certain cases so you don't have to carry 3 sets of armor if you enjoy changing specs often for fun
    While I don't think that'll happen, I do miss my 2h Frost DK a LOT.
    Restricting specs to weapon types was a monumental mistake since it sacrificed diversity, aesthetics, customization and peoples vision of what their character should be in order to make things 'easier to balance' even though it wasn't really ever an issue before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Devil is in the details. If classes on average will be better than BfA, it could be even "left toe identity" for all I care.
    This. They can call it whatever they want as long as the result is classes being less shit than BfA and maybe even starting to reverse the trend of every expansion post-MoP having worse classes than the previous one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And they'll find that this simply isn't true. The pruning was done for reasons, and those reasons haven't gone away.

I suspect a true return to what they had before would be utterly disastrous.
    The reasons for pruning were absolute trash, just like the reasons for the camera and GCD changes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Hollow theories and you ignore a basic problem. Shadow boasted on getting a solid identity and they threaten to ruin it because the backwards Classic fanboys want class to matter more than spec and turn Priest into support-based Class that has no dark/dps niche in one of its specs.

I don't see how losing something we've gotten for a few expansions now justifies private needs or whataver grand assumption you are trying to make.
    Your private "role-playing" problems are of no interest to anyone... if your character is especially squeamish about "light" - follow this, no one restricts you in such behavior, but from point of view of mechanics and absorption they got SF - unique personal defense - after more "mastering of shadow school", which doesn't stop them from using light, the only "mechanical" limitation that they received - they needed to get out of form... everything is fine. As I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Moreover! this choice had no dictatorial impact for player’s individual preferences regarding “RP” component, and no matter what mechanics were chosen as preferred, still rogue with any set of talents could be just duelist or pirate, secret agent, ninja and anyone else at player's will. Class' name is not what "it" is within game system component, just conditional separation, mechanics are. They are your class, which means they are mandatory for each of its representatives (and there can be even no talk in framework of this design about "modern way" understanding of specs; build is your spec here).
    You, with your limitations (like designers with the latest design), are trying to shove rest into "your" frames, narrow and pronounced. And who then limits whom after that?
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-11 at 12:17 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

I'm not looking forward to it, what they are adding are really rare situational abilities that are more useful in pvp than pve and most of them are already a talent or part of a specific spec. They should have added new abilities instead of bringing back old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I'm am definitely not excited for getting a bunch of crap from the other lock specs shoved on me. I play destruction for a reason. If I wanted a bunch of DoTs on my bars I would play affliction. And if I wanted a bunch of pets I'd play demonology. FFS I miss when Grimoire of Sacrifice was the go to talent and I could just eat the demon for his ability.

AND CURSES!!! Why on earth are they putting curses back? Who is excited about curses? It's just another thing to manage and they're so damn boring. I was legitimately happy when they removed curses and now the little shits are coming back.

So far, the only lock thing I'm happy about is demonic circle not being a talent anymore.
    warlock is definitely not for you, roll another class

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Your private "role-playing" problems are of no interest to anyone... if your character is especially squeamish about "light" - follow this, no one restricts you in such behavior, but from point of view of mechanics and absorption they got SF - unique personal defense - after more "mastering of shadow school", which doesn't stop them from using light, the only "mechanical" limitation that they received - they needed to get out of form... everything is fine. As I said:
    You, with your limitations (like designers with the latest design), are trying to shove rest into "your" frames, narrow and pronounced. And who then limits whom after that?
    You keep parroting phrases and words to make yourself appear as if you speak for the greater community and how everyone who is displeased is focused on "private needs". That's not making you appear more credible.

Explain to me how a Void Elf can casually use the Light. Not to mention that they did market the race as the one being around the Void exclusively and every Void Elf NPC is using either Void or Arcane magics. The Alleria short story established that she (who is not even a complete Void Elf) is having a hard time being around Turalyon due to a potential reaction between Light/Void. How is that supposed to be justified in a Void Elf to utilize the Light?

Here is a link to my "private fantasy".

"Finally, having turned away from the Light, Shadow Priests eschew such spells as Heal, Flash Heal, and Prayer of Mending. Power Word: Shield and Shadow Mend are their primary healing tools."

If that changes, you cannot just come here and discredit me just because you are happy with the changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    deviantcultist
    - - - snip - - -
    and you first tell me how Forsaken can use the light...
    ...and then we'll talk about how these VEs appeared in general, and what devs smoked for this (correct answer: most likely money). And they have repeatedly changed that crap in "spec" description, there even was nothing like that at all before, only description of class and your freedom in choosing build, so... besides, you're still reading me wrong, I’m still not "happy" with anything, it’s still completely incomprehensible who and how they listened. There is little information, I can't be happy until have enough of it to say something certain.

You better don't give me Legion links, because we already laughed enough when discussing "lore" idiocy behind its "Class-Halls" - with such differentiation (also race), their functioning couldn't be at least somehow logical, nonsense, there’s no fantasy here and there, just bright flashy words for selling stuff.

ps. And no, I don't speak for any community, only from standpoint of system's functioning.

<<BACK | NEXT>>
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-26 at 08:02 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

I look forward to having more spells to use. Even if you dont use them all the time. I like having wide tool kits with situational abilities.

Also if you dont want fireball as a frost mage simply drag it of your bars.

At this point, what they should do is just give you the option to play your class/spec from a pool of different options pulled from each expac.

Wanna play your tbc or wotlk version? Click here
    Prefer how your class played in MoP? Click here
    For legion? Click here.

You can already pick which zone you want to play, why not give us all the options to pick which version we like the most and play that? This game is never gonna be e sports serious so let’s embrace the fun
    Last edited by justandulas; 2019-11-11 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    At this point, what they should do is just give you the option to play your class/spec from a pool of different options pulled from each expac.

Wanna play your tbc or wotlk version? Click here
    Prefer how your class played in MoP? Click here
    For legion? Click here.
    As cool as that would be, I reckon it'd be a balancing nightmare.
    Comparing for example MoP destro to BfA destro is a difference of magnitudes in how mechanically strong they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As cool as that would be, I reckon it'd be a balancing nightmare.
    Comparing for example MoP destro to BfA destro is a difference of magnitudes in how mechanically strong they were.
    I get that it would be an impossible nightmare to balance it but again, WoW is never gonna be esports so why not embrace the fun factor?

There are specs in the past id pick up and play forever even tho I can’t stomach the current iteration (demo lock, looking at you)

We can pick which expac we wanna level up in; complete the circle and allow which spec of the past to select and play if that is what one desires

As an altoholic, I actually really like "36 class" system. Every spec feels very different. Almost a class unto itself. I don't see how homogenization is going to make it more fun, more interesting, or make more people level alts. But I guess the idea now is that endgame is where it's at and the rest of the game is rather incidental and exists mostly for lore reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    All rogues should definitely have poisons, and all rogues should have gouge too (which only outlaw has right now for some stupid reason, all rogues had poisons and gouge before Legion). Also outlaw is not "pirate", it's outlaw, and the only vaguely pirate ability they even have right now is roll the bones and calling that a pirate ability is a stretch and a half.
    [sarcasm]Everyone knows that only pirates ever called dice 'bones' and played dice games.[/sarcasm]

What I really want is for Outlaw/Combat/Whatever to go to using a 1-hander plus dagger. That'd make it different to all the other dual-wielding specs, of which there are too many.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Those gaps Ret has? They used to be all filled up, mostly with utility. It's all gone, and playing a Ret is a pale shadow of what it once was.
    Agreed. Ret is nothing but a yellow warrior at this point, with very limited utility, little to no offhealing (which used to be its distinctive feature) and crap mobility. So much for mUh 36 DifFerEnT cLaSsEs, lmao

As for the topic at hand, I welcome it with open arms - in principle. But if they are going to keep the crappy design of e.g. shadow priest as it is, and they just slap Flash Heal and Smite on top... Then it would be just meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I get that it would be an impossible nightmare to balance it but again, WoW is never gonna be esports so why not embrace the fun factor?

There are specs in the past id pick up and play forever even tho I can’t stomach the current iteration (demo lock, looking at you)

We can pick which expac we wanna level up in; complete the circle and allow which spec of the past to select and play if that is what one desires
    Likely because people for some reason absolutely hate it when they're not on top of the meters, so you'd have a lot of people being pissed that their favourite iteration of the spec isn't "viable".
    And I use that in a loose sense since people seem to think viable means top of the boards.

I personally want to play certain iterations of certain specs as I just found them to be a lot more fun, but I doubt we'll ever get that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Likely because people for some reason absolutely hate it when they're not on top of the meters, so you'd have a lot of people being pissed that their favourite iteration of the spec isn't "viable".
    And I use that in a loose sense since people seem to think viable means top of the boards.

I personally want to play certain iterations of certain specs as I just found them to be a lot more fun, but I doubt we'll ever get that choice.
    Same. It’s the fun factor for me not about epeen measurement.

Some specs of yesteryear were just simply significantly more fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I like spec identity as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    hope i can dual wield once again with my brewmaster and can choose a two hander with my windwalker and bringing back reforging would be sweet to to many dead items they would be an uprade if reforging would return

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Personally, I think sub was perfect in Cataclysm, was one of the few things that expansion did right.
    Cata was the first time I managed to level a Rogue, and I went Sub all the way. It was great, and I miss it. I seem to recall MoP's Sub being okay, but Cata was the best. I used to farm dragonscales in the Highlands with my Rogue in Cata - Shadowstep, Ambush, Backstab, skin, repeat.